The Student Room Group

any indians in an interracial relationship

Scroll to see replies

Original post by loveleest
Lmao her Mum is Asian- A black man is not getting accepted into her family.
It's either get disowned or have her mixed race child.
Getting disowned by your family would cause more stress than an abortion and plus she has already had one before.
It isn't just easy for her to just have her baby. Her situation is literally life threatening- What if her boyfriend leaves her as well as her family? She might end up suicidal.

My friend is half black and half indian. I don't think she is in contact wiyh any of her indian family apart from her Mum and its not surprising.

Smh I say man up, I can't say anymore or any less than that. Killing the kid shows that the OP would then agree or is submitting or subscribing to that RACIST mentality. Keep the kid and say **** em. Saying the OP could become suicidal for this is presuming the OP has emotional/mental issues. Let's assume she's a perfectly stable, capable person like you and I seem to be lol she would just be another person witha mixed race child, think not? it's really not that tragic. She's 19, she doesn't technically need her folks anymore. I mean...
get rid of it
Getting disowned by your family would cause more stress than an abortion and plus she has already had one before.
It isn't just easy for her to just have her baby. Her situation is literally life threatening- What if her boyfriend leaves her as well as her family? She might end up suicidal.

My friend is half black and half indian. I don't think she is in contact wiyh any of her indian family apart from her Mum and its not surprising.

Keeping what I just said, I will add, as I said to drowzee:

my mother was given away for being half black and her emotions and mind and childhood were f*cked, and she's created a cycle passing onto me. I've decided I would marry an Indian and not end up like her and her folks :s-smilie: OP should have but now killing the kid? How does that fix anything? Abortion is also looked down upon in traditional and Eastern/Asian households too. Might be better to keep the kid...
Original post by neal95
get rid of it

lol :noway: that's not cool!

Could you tell your half black half Indian friend to get in contact with me? I'd love to talk to her or maybe her Indian mum can help me because she probably went through what I'm going through right now
Original post by somesomebody
lol :noway: that's not cool!

its not because of the colour but because of the prejudice it would face from being raised in a non cohesive and unsupportive family unit. imo you shouldnt be bringing up kids in that sort of environment
Original post by neal95
its not because of the colour but because of the prejudice it would face from being raised in a non cohesive and unsupportive family unit. imo you shouldnt be bringing up kids in that sort of environment

I agree it would be horrible; it's ruined my family completely because we essentially don't have one for this reason (being black and Indian).

But still I feel she should keep it and not perpetuate the racism, but challenge it.

You think knowing she killed her kid after getting with a black guy anyway will make her parents feel better???
I agree it would be horrible; it's ruined my family completely because we essentially don't have one for this reason (being black and Indian).

But still I feel she should keep it and not perpetuate the racism, but challenge it.

You think knowing she killed her kid after getting with a black guy anyway will make her parents feel better???

sorry to hear about that buddy, that situation imo is an unfortunate one and shouldn't have happened to you anbd i am working off the assumption that she aborts the baby without her parents finding out
Original post by AaliyahEasy
Could you tell your half black half Indian friend to get in contact with me? I'd love to talk to her or maybe her Indian mum can help me because she probably went through what I'm going through right now

Hmm, well we are really close and I do have my number but idk about giving you any of her personal contact...It is really difficult to do something like this. I could get my friend to ask her Mum a few questions that you may want to know?
Can I just add that my child will be sincerely loved by me and his/her father, and by my partners side of the family and my best friend, the child will be raised in a environment full of love
Can I just add that my child will be sincerely loved by me and his/her father, and by my partners side of the family and my best friend, the child will be raised in a environment full of love

THEN RAISE IT, GOD BLESS!! :jumphug:
Original post by neal95
sorry to hear about that buddy, that situation imo is an unfortunate one and shouldn't have happened to you anbd i am working off the assumption that she aborts the baby without her parents finding out

errr how will that make her feel better having all these secrets?
You don't just go to the clinic, get the abortion and then go for some ice cream like nothing happened...lol she still has to deal with it for a lfietime

so deal with a kid for a lifetime
or deal with knowing you killed it...
So my family think I'm not in communication with him anymore since New Years so like 3 months so now do I just say in a letter that there's a good reason why I've run off or shall I actually say I found out I am pregnant and etc etc
errr how will that make her feel better having all these secrets?
You don't just go to the clinic, get the abortion and then go for some ice cream like nothing happened...lol she still has to deal with it for a lfietime

so deal with a kid for a lifetime
or deal with knowing you killed it...

True true true
That bit hit me:

'so deal with a kid for a lifetimeor deal with knowing you killed it...'
Smh I say man up, I can't say anymore or any less than that. Killing the kid shows that the OP would then agree or is submitting or subscribing to that RACIST mentality. Keep the kid and say **** em. Saying the OP could become suicidal for this is presuming the OP has emotional/mental issues. Let's assume she's a perfectly stable, capable person like you and I seem to be lol she would just be another person witha mixed race child, think not? it's really not that tragic. She's 19, she doesn't technically need her folks anymore. I mean...

There are so many things problematic about this post. Firstly "man-up". How are you going to tell a 19 year old girl to "man-up" after her having the possibility of her losing her family just because her baby is mixed? I can't believe how unsympathetic you are sounding right now.

I am not presuming that the OP as mental health issues. I am saying that the stress she might go through could lead into depression. People cope with things differently. At 19, adjusting to the fact that you might be going through a break up and her family leaving her...does mean that, she would in fact need some of her folks around her. She can't face all her problems herself.
True true true
That bit hit me:

'so deal with a kid for a lifetimeor deal with knowing you killed it...'

There you go baby. You'll be fine, trust.

That's really sweet. Follow your heart I guess, I really hope that everything goes well with you and your boyfriend.
There are so many things problematic about this post. Firstly "man-up". How are you going to tell a 19 year old girl to "man-up" after her having the possibility of her losing her family just because her baby is mixed? I can't believe how unsympathetic you are sounding right now.

I am not presuming that the OP as mental health issues. I am saying that the stress she might go through could lead into depression. People cope with things differently. At 19, adjusting to the fact that you might be going through a break up and her family leaving her...does mean that, she would in fact need some of her folks around her. She can't face all her problems herself.

Lmao I've been comforting OP like mad. It's not insensitive at all.

Insensitive is saying, "hey OP. Yeah you. Kill it. Bye."

And yes man up, it's a way of saying, you can do it so just do it. Nothing insensitive about that.

There could be depression from getting an abortion too. Ok my mum had one. Kept it a secret for yyyyyears and was regretful after telling me when I was 19. My mum was also adopted for being part black. I might not have dealt with it but I've seen her struggle and it's a mess. It's a complete ****ing mess. Abortion, adoption they don't solve SH*T.
You're lucky they've not 'honour killed' you as many do

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SMEGGGY
You're lucky they've not 'honour killed' you as many do

Posted from TSR Mobile

What does 'honour killed' mean

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending