The Student Room Group

How to achieve an A* in Maths

i have been trying really hard in Maths but i just cant seem to move up from an A to an A*.
Does anyone have any tips/suggestions
Thanks in advance
past papers are your best friends
Original post by homairapatel
i have been trying really hard in Maths but i just cant seem to move up from an A to an A*.
Does anyone have any tips/suggestions
Thanks in advance

Hey there,

Here are a few tips to move up from an A to an A* in your Mathematics GCSE :

Work through the ExamSolutions videos if you ever feel you feel like you are stuck on any section

Feel free to post in the TSR GCSE Maths Forum if you are unsure about something (make sure provide the question and what you have already done)

Do every single past paper

Mark your papers and see where you have gone wrong

Look to do IGCSE papers once you have done all of the GCSE ones

I hope this helps.
Reply 3
Well I'm in the same position you are, however my friend i have made progress, i managed to get an A* in a paper I did about a month ago but now i have regressed and am stuck on that A life.

I would suggest watching people on Youtube and go through past papers, theres one guy who is absolutely amazing His name is 'Achieve Maths'.
Another thing i would suggest is using the GCSE Edexcel worksheets ( Found Here: http://www.mathsmadeeasy.co.uk/gcsemathsrevisiontopics-AB-grade.htm)
If you go through each topic thoroughly and try these worksheets and lots of past papers you should fill all the holes in your Mathematical knowledge and begin to live the A* life.

Best of luuck :}
Original post by undercxver
Hey there,

Here are a few tips to move up from an A to an A* in your Mathematics GCSE :

Work through the ExamSolutions videos if you ever feel you feel like you are stuck on any section

Feel free to post in the TSR GCSE Maths Forum if you are unsure about something (make sure provide the question and what you have already done)

Do every single past paper

Mark your papers and see where you have gone wrong

Look to do IGCSE papers once you have done all of the GCSE ones

I hope this helps.

Thank you very much
Original post by HeimIX
Well I'm in the same position you are, however my friend i have made progress, i managed to get an A* in a paper I did about a month ago but now i have regressed and am stuck on that A life.

I would suggest watching people on Youtube and go through past papers, theres one guy who is absolutely amazing His name is 'Achieve Maths'.
Another thing i would suggest is using the GCSE Edexcel worksheets ( Found Here: http://www.mathsmadeeasy.co.uk/gcsemathsrevisiontopics-AB-grade.htm)
If you go through each topic thoroughly and try these worksheets and lots of past papers you should fill all the holes in your Mathematical knowledge and begin to live the A* life.

Best of luuck :}

Thank you
Original post by Mayhem™
past papers are your best friends

Thanks
click on this link and keep an eye on the thread- you will find a maths thread GCSE exam thread directory:h:

Quick Reply

Latest