The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by somesomebody
How does it suggest that?

And neither are easy to control. Apparently.

However which do you specifically feel is easier..

Recovering alcoholics, or any other substance abusers really, when suffering from withdrawl will likely have many recurrent thoughts that they really need a drink or whatever it is they're taking. According to your logic, having these thoughts would make you the same as somebody who goes ahead and abuses the substances.

Repressing a thought and not acting upon it is much easier than not having the thought in the first place. When was it said that apparently neither are easy? OP hasn't ****ed any underage girls as far as I can gather...
I don't think it's wrong, but it is illegal so shouldn't be acted on.

A 3/4 year age gap isn't a big deal later in life, but right now there's a bigger difference in maturity.
Original post by Retired_Messiah
Recovering alcoholics, or any other substance abusers really, when suffering from withdrawl will likely have many recurrent thoughts that they really need a drink or whatever it is they're taking. According to your logic, having these thoughts would make you the same as somebody who goes ahead and abuses the substances.

Repressing a thought and not acting upon it is much easier than not having the thought in the first place. When was it said that apparently neither are easy? OP hasn't ****ed any underage girls as far as I can gather...

How do you know what he's done?! lol

Anyway,

okay addiction is a chemical thing. It's chemicals that they need to fight and get out of their body. It's not mentality. It's chemicals...neurology...

So it's not the same as developing psychologically an attraction...and then not fixing it, and then acting on it.
Original post by somesomebody
How do you know what he's done?! lol

He's making anonymous posts on tsr, somehow I doubt he'd be successful even if he tried.

Anyway,okay addiction is a chemical thing. It's chemicals that they need to fight and get out of their body. It's not mentality. It's chemicals...neurology...So it's not the same as developing psychologically an attraction...and then not fixing it, and then acting on it
Your actual point seems to have changed? I mean before you were arguing that having the thought was as bad as acting on it, now we're saying that substance abuse is not the same as not attempting to change your thoughts and then acting on your thoughts.

At this point I'm not sure what you're going for.
Original post by Retired_Messiah
He's making anonymous posts on tsr, somehow I doubt he'd be successful even if he tried.

lmfao that is wrong but anyway

Your actual point seems to have changed? I mean before you were arguing that having the thought was as bad as acting on it, now we're saying that substance abuse is not the same as not attempting to change your thoughts and then acting on your thoughts.

At this point I'm not sure what you're going for.

How has it changed? You keep bringing in irrelevant analogies. I stay that the thought is as bad as the action
I just pointed out sexuality/attraction
is psychology

and addiction

is neurology

I'm not going for anything; you're disagreeing and I'm clarifying my posts lol
Lol most 14/15 year olds look a lot older than their age, I know I did :laugh:
Reply 86
It's perfectly fine. Obviously acting on it would be ill advised due to legality.

One of those 15 year old girls could be 16 in a few months and then no-one would even bat an eyelid, including the law. When you're 20 and she's 18 it would be the most mundane age gap going.
*even better :h:
I'm 99% sure it's legal to be with a 16-year-old, which is just one year older than 15, if that's any help.
Original post by BarryBeTrippin
*even better :h:

for a paedophile it is.
Trivial Name-calling. Childhood is subjective.
Original post by BarryBeTrippin
Trivial Name-calling. Childhood is subjective.

what you on about?
Be careful my brother. I once went out on a date with a girl who I thought was 19, I was happy when she told me she wanted to stay at a hotel. It was only when we got there she mentioned she was actually 15. I didn't even believe it at first, because honestly, she had the body of a 21 year old model.

To avoid going to jail, I simply made a excuse and left. Not worth my troubles...even if she did look like Kim Kardashian.
Original post by Viridiana
Lol it's 100% normal, it's just three years. Whether it's legal to engage in sexual activities with them is a whole different thing, but a girl who's 14/15 years old is already a fully developed woman in the biological sense. When I was in middle school (13-15), no one blinked an eye at a three-year gap in a relationship (usually the girl being younger). As I say, I'm not talking about sexual contacts because if you do get into a relationship with a girl three, four years your junior, I think you should realize that it would be immoral to push her into decisions she's not mature enough to commit to. But I think it's normal to be attracted to younger girls. Unless you're attracted to girls that are not yet developed, which would have the resemblance of paedophilia, but it doesn't seem to be the case with you.

Sorry, a 14/15 year old is really not a fully developed woman in any sense.

How utterly wrong.
Ignore this one
Paedophilia is subjective.
Grass on the field, play ball.
Original post by Dheorl
It's perfectly fine. Obviously acting on it would be ill advised due to legality.

One of those 15 year old girls could be 16 in a few months and then no-one would even bat an eyelid, including the law. When you're 20 and she's 18 it would be the most mundane age gap going.

There were a couple of girls in my year when we were 14/15 and they were going out with guys either in the year above or the year above that, nobody thought it was really wrong, although one guy in year 11 dated a year 9 for a while and caught hell for it, but that was partly because he wasn't very popular.
Reply 98
attracted?
no

going out with one?
likely to be a yes from me
Reply 99
Think about it like this you're in year 13 they're in year 10. That's stupid. They're kids going through first stages of puberty.

Latest

Trending

Trending