The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Airmed
Not necessarily true. I was on the waiting list for a month for one service, and two months for another service (I moved countries). GPs can give out antidepressants. He can phone up mental health charities that offer counselling - yes, waiting lists, but at least he would be active in trying to get help. He needs it.

Not to mention he definitely has university funded mental health services at his disposal, yet has refused to go for the past 2 years.
Reply 341
Original post by bbb93
So why don't you just stop posting and coming onto his threads then?

obsession is a horrible thing to have and for some people it is not as simple as just forgetting about it and moving on.

You dont sound very helpful at all with this 'just get a ****ing life'. 'you pathetic'. etc. Do you actually thinking speaking to someone like that is helping?

Clearly you haven't seen his last 30+ threads about the same girl.

We have tried to help countless times but OP is not listening and thinks he can solve the problem by staying friends with the girl.
Original post by bbb93
But you just said mental health is not an excuse? It is a perfect excuse for ****ing up your life if it is that severe.

Why do you think he doesn't want to?

It isn't an excuse. Using it as an excuse is a cop out. There is people out there that are worse off than him and they don't use their issues as an excuse to not do anything. Using your mental health illnesses as an excuse to do nothing worthwhile is not great imho.

He's in love with this girl. He refuses to move on and accept that the relationship is terminated. You've just joined the site today, but really check the other threads. This girl treated him like **** and he worships the ground she walks on. It's not healthy, he needs help, and yet he is so desperate to cling on to something that barely existed and will never be. It's sad and upsetting and yet frustrating and insane.
Reply 343
Original post by SophieSmall
Nah being depressed myself I know full well it's not something you get over, and it's not attention seeking behaviour. But I'm not stupid enough to think being depressed is an excuse to harass/stalk someone who isn't interested in me and has asked me to leave them alone or make excuses.

Lol, I have nothing to be ashamed of in regards to this. And if you're going to act all high and morally might you might not want to be a hypocrite and call me a monster. If you don't like my posts ignore them. I'm not changing.

So why did you tell him 'just to ****ing move on'. You are contradicting yourself here.
lol you have everything to be ashamed of. Beating a mentally ill person with your words. You just said you dont care if your words are helping or not. So basically you don't care if you are making someone feel a lot worse- that is monster behaviour I am sorry to say.

'if you don't like my posts ignore them. I'm not changing'- So why dont you ignore this guys post if they annoy you. Especially if it has been happening for over 2 years.

You are such a hypocrite. :redface:
Reply 344
Original post by UWS
Clearly you haven't seen his last 30+ threads about the same girl.

We have tried to help countless times but OP is not listening and thinks he can solve the problem by staying friends with the girl.

One word: Mental illness.
Not to mention he definitely has university funded mental health services at his disposal, yet has refused to go for the past 2 years.

Oh my God, yes. And how he went to one session of counselling and thought it was crap because the person was a stranger - of course it was rubbish! The person was a stranger, and counselling, therapy etc take time. There is no magic wand cure.
Original post by bbb93
One word: Mental illness.

Three words: not an excuse
Original post by bbb93
So why did you tell him 'just to ****ing move on'. You are contradicting yourself here.
lol you have everything to be ashamed of. Beating a mentally ill person with your words. You just said you dont care if your words are helping or not. So basically you don't care if you are making someone feel a lot worse- that is monster behaviour I am sorry to say.

'if you don't like my posts ignore them. I'm not changing'- So why dont you ignore this guys post if they annoy you. Especially if it has been happening for over 2 years.

You are such a hypocrite. :redface:

I told him to get help actually, numerous times for two years. How about you actually bother going through his post history to see what you're actually talking about? He does need to get a grip, that doesn't mean "oh get better all of a sudden" it means take responsibility for his damn self and follow the advice he has been given for 2 years.

Oh boo hoo, cry me a river.

Invested way too much time in this guy to give up.

Sure buddy, sure I am.
Reply 348
Original post by Airmed
It isn't an excuse. Using it as an excuse is a cop out. There is people out there that are worse off than him and they don't use their issues as an excuse to not do anything. Using your mental health illnesses as an excuse to do nothing worthwhile is not great imho.

He's in love with this girl. He refuses to move on and accept that the relationship is terminated. You've just joined the site today, but really check the other threads. This girl treated him like **** and he worships the ground she walks on. It's not healthy, he needs help, and yet he is so desperate to cling on to something that barely existed and will never be. It's sad and upsetting and yet frustrating and insane.

So if someone had been raped and they get mentally ill from it and fail their exams- they only have themselves to blame? That mental illness they got is not an excuse for failing their exams? Is that what you are saying?

lol he does need help. But will that 'help' actually do anything?
Reply 349
Original post by Airmed
Three words: not an excuse

one word: yes it is (sometimes)
Original post by Airmed
Oh my God, yes. And how he went to one session of counselling and thought it was crap because the person was a stranger - of course it was rubbish! The person was a stranger, and counselling, therapy etc take time. There is no magic wand cure.

Tell me about it!
Gives up and gives a bunch of excuses immediately. Sorry user bbc93 if we aren't the type of people to let excuses for this kind of behaviour go. We actually realise people are responsible for their own lives and actions.
Original post by bbb93
So if someone had been raped and they get mentally ill from it and fail their exams- they only have themselves to blame? That mental illness they got is not an excuse for failing their exams? Is that what you are saying?

lol he does need help. But will that 'help' actually do anything?

It's the rape that is at fault. Not the mental illness. For they got the mental illness after they were raped - a shitty, horrible side effect. Blame the sick rapist for them failing exams.

Baby steps. It's not going to help overnight but it would help.
Reply 352
I told him to get help actually, numerous times for two years. How about you actually bother going through his post history to see what you're actually talking about? He does need to get a grip, that doesn't mean "oh get better all of a sudden" it means take responsibility for his damn self and follow the advice he has been given for 2 years.

Oh boo hoo, cry me a river.

Invested way too much time in this guy to give up.

Sure buddy, sure I am.

God you annoyin.

I can tell you one of these people that think you know it all but know **** all.

You need to get a grip. Sorry the truth is harsh as you would say.

Don't flatter yourself sunshine- I would never waste tears on a monster like you.
Original post by bbb93
God you're annoying.

I can tell you are one of those people that think you know it all, but know **** all.

Don't flatter yourself sunshine- I would never waste tears on a monster like you.

All right princess, calm yourself.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by believeteam22
I am trying to but I just cannot focus at all. I think I am in denial and in shock that this happened. I just cannot accept it right now, the pain is unbearable. I am so broken inside that I cannot even explain it

how long did you date her for?
Original post by bbb93
one word: yes it is (sometimes)

*that was three words (and a bracket).

But in this case I fail to see how it is. This all could have been nipped in the bud 2 years ago.
Original post by malaikaxx
how long did you date her for?

They didn't date. He was her 'friend' (I use that term loosely as while he might have been real in his actions to be a friend, she certainly wasn't).
Reply 357
Original post by Airmed
It's the rape that is at fault. Not the mental illness. For they got the mental illness after they were raped - a shitty, horrible side effect. Blame the sick rapist for them failing exams.

Baby steps. It's not going to help overnight but it would help.

No its the mental illness that caused them to fail their exams. The rape did cause the mental illness but it was the mental illness that had the affect.

Are you saying excuses can be made for ****ing up your life now?
Original post by bbb93
God you annoyin.

I can tell you one of these people that think you know it all but know **** all.

Perhaps it would be better to focus your energy on helping the OP rather than insulting other members. :h:
Reply 359
All right princess, calm yourself.

lol feel good about yourself correcting grammar on a serious thread? feel smart do you? feel like a genius?

You're pathetic love.

Latest

Trending

Trending