The Student Room Group

Uni choices

I got accepted into biomedical science and health science and health science, which program will better prepare me for medical school?
Original post by Noemie971
I got accepted into biomedical science and health science and health science, which program will better prepare me for medical school?

Neither. Or both depending on which way you want to look at it.

Both of them will (or should) give you a general understanding of how to study and pass exams at university level, how to work and learn independently, and how to develop basic research skills in the biomedical sciences. These are useful skills to have as a medical student.

But having said that, medicine is a course completely unto itself. A BSc in biomedical sciences sounds similar to a degree in medicine (in name) but the course structure and content is worlds apart - so a degree in biomedical sciences is actually of very little direct help in medical school.

Nothing really ever prepares you for medical school - go for whichever degree you think you'll enjoy more.
Reply 2
Original post by Democracy
Neither. Or both depending on which way you want to look at it.

Both of them will (or should) give you a general understanding of how to study and pass exams at university level, how to work and learn independently, and how to develop basic research skills in the biomedical sciences. These are useful skills to have as a medical student.

But having said that, medicine is a course completely unto itself. A BSc in biomedical sciences sounds similar to a degree in medicine (in name) but the course structure and content is worlds apart - so a degree in biomedical sciences is actually of very little direct help in medical school.

Nothing really ever prepares you for medical school - go for whichever degree you think you'll enjoy more.

Thank you, that it helpful. I guess I will choosing the one that's more interesting, but I still gotta do my research on that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending