The Student Room Group

Technical Theatre People!

Hello everybody!
I've been checking student room quite a bit to see if there are any chats like this and I'm yet to find one so I thought I would start one myself!

Hopefully this can be an area to discuss all thing techy, what courses you've applied to, where you got in, what work you've done ect...

A bit about me, I've done tech work or the past 6 years mainly at school and am-dram groups, I've applied to Bath Spa, Canterbury Christ Church and LIPA where I got a place and I am waiting to hear from Guildhall and Surrey (Guildford).

What about you??

Scroll to see replies

Hello! Same situation really!!!! Been working in local theatres and all over the place for a number of years.
Applied to Guildhall, LAMDA, Bruford, RADA, Central and Mountview.

Offers so far are LAMDA, Bruford, RADA and Mountview. Top choice is Guildhall though!!! Waiting a few weeks to hear.
Reply 2
Wow! Those offers are amazing!! Which pathway are you applying for at guildhall?? TT? I got a place at guildhall on Monday so I'm very happy!! But I'm sure with the offers you have you are the right type of person to get a place at guildhall. Good luck!
Original post by Ellie7895
Wow! Those offers are amazing!! Which pathway are you applying for at guildhall?? TT? I got a place at guildhall on Monday so I'm very happy!! But I'm sure with the offers you have you are the right type of person to get a place at guildhall. Good luck!

Wahey! well done with guildhall, apparently its one of the busiest years for applications!
Thank you very much!!! :biggrin: Have been working hard to get in!!!!
I applied for Stage Management, what about you?
Guildhall your first choice?
Reply 4
Yep guildhall is my first choice but it was the TT pathway so I'm not sure how the other pathways work exactly, I received a phone call from the course leader 6 days after my interview because he wanted to let people know quickly as it takes 3 weeks to receive the letter by post. But other pathway leaders might not do this so don't worry!

I was sure I wouldn't get in when I went to the interview as everyone seemed to know so much more than me and had more experience so I was shocked to receive a place, but it means I can cancel other interviews and not spend so much travelling across the country! :smile:
Ah nice, that'll be good. I was told 3-4 weeks :O hopefully not that long?!! Did they say that to you?

Really hoping for guildhall though.
Reply 6
They told me 3 weeks at the interview yes, and he said on the phone that the letters will still take 3 weeks, I'm not really sure why they rang, I've never heard of it before! I think it was so if they offered anyone a place who didn't want it they could decline there and they wouldn't have to bother sending all the paperwork! Hopefully you will find it soon!
They told me 3 weeks at the interview yes, and he said on the phone that the letters will still take 3 weeks, I'm not really sure why they rang, I've never heard of it before! I think it was so if they offered anyone a place who didn't want it they could decline there and they wouldn't have to bother sending all the paperwork! Hopefully you will find it soon!

Yeah I guess that makes sense actually! What offer did you get? :biggrin:

Really hoping I won't have to wait 3 weeks!!! Was talking to a first year and they messed up last year and they took 6 weeks......
Reply 8
I don't actually know the offer! He didn't say on the phone and I'm waiting for all the paperwork through, but I assume it was two Es as that's what it said in the prospectus and all the open days?

I think I would be sure I wasn't in if I had to wait 6 weeks!!
I don't actually know the offer! He didn't say on the phone and I'm waiting for all the paperwork through, but I assume it was two Es as that's what it said in the prospectus and all the open days?

I think I would be sure I wasn't in if I had to wait 6 weeks!!

Oh right yeah they seem to keep saying that two E's is standard, think its equivalent to two btec passes so its pretty easy!!!!
I think if i had to wait that long i'd be panicking!
Reply 10
Hi, thought I would let you know that I got my official letter through today, have you heard any news yet?
Hello! Same situation in a way, I've been balancing college and volunteering at the local theatres. I've applied to quite a few schools: east 15, LAMDA, ALRA, Mountview, Central school of Speech and drama and Rose bruford. So far I've been accepted into ALRA and Mountview. I'm still having interviews with the others. Good luck to all techies applying!
Reply 12
Original post by bda_techie
Hello! Same situation in a way, I've been balancing college and volunteering at the local theatres. I've applied to quite a few schools: east 15, LAMDA, ALRA, Mountview, Central school of Speech and drama and Rose bruford. So far I've been accepted into ALRA and Mountview. I'm still having interviews with the others. Good luck to all techies applying!

I nearly applied to Mountview, the course looked lovely! Good luck with the interviews!
Hi, thought I would let you know that I got my official letter through today, have you heard any news yet?

Nope not yet! Doesn't look as though the SM tutors will phone! So I suppose its gonna be a waiting game now!
Thanks☺️, just got a confirmation interview from East 15 for the end of April. But yeah I definitely was amazed by Mountview, especially the course details, etc.
Reply 15
I only applied for LAMDA because i heard it was one of the best places and i got in! I'm so thrilled but know I need to find somewhere to live
:h:. My message below is for anyone in the position. Thanks

Hi, I'm going to be starting on the SMTT Course at Lamda in September. My open house day is in July but I thought I start connecting with people now. I'm looking for housing and roommates somewhat near the school but I don't mind a walk. I'm willing to pay up 600 pm but i might go higher. I'm fun and kind person who likes to have balance between party and sleeping. I love meeting new people.
I won't commit to anything until the open house but I do want to start meeting people on my course and others at LAMDA starting in September.

Let me know

Claire
I applied for LAMDA, Rose Bryford, Bath Spa, Winchester, West London and St Mary's. I've been offered places at all of them but have accepted my place at LAMDA, all i really have to do is find somewhere to live in London :3
Reply 17
Good luck with the house searches guys! I am so excited to be living in London for 3 years!!
Reply 18
I have made a group for LAMDA SSTT on Facebook. Feel free to add yourselves and get in contact with others on your course. You might have to add me on Facebook not sure😂
image.png
Hey!

I applied to RADA (SMTT), LAMDA (SMTT) and Guildhall (TT). So far I have been accepted by LAMDA and Guildhall. Since Guildhall is my first choice, I declined the LAMDA offer and accepted the Guildhall offer. Im waiting on RADA to make a decision just to see if I could have got it.

I can't wait!

:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending