The Student Room Group

When you get married do you want your own separate bank account ?

Scroll to see replies

Separate because in Islam a woman can keep her money, her husband is the breadwinner and has to spend on the family.
What would be the point of a separate account? You're married what's yours is hers and visa versa

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Foo.mp3
No need. My wifey will be 110% on board. Indeed, she'll be relieved that someone with my economic pedigree, not to mention discipline/reliability, is there and has the inclination/ability to keep family affairs and finances on lock-down :ninja:

Without having to consult an advisor at the bank
when we get married we'll have a shared one but our own seperate ones as well for like birthday and christmas reasons etc
Original post by Oilfreak1
joint. 22

Stop gassing innit. Why you making fake accounts anyway fam. Boombaclat
Original post by shawtyb
when we get married we'll have a shared one but our own seperate ones as well for like birthday and christmas reasons etc

Looking sexy innit
Original post by Anonymous
Looking sexy innit

lol thanks
Original post by LiquidGold
Both. A joint account for bills and food and other such costs, but individual accounts for buying things just for ourselves.
I'm 21, and this is the plan for when we live together in a few months.

We aren't married, or even engaged, but i live with my partner since August 2015. I'm 21, my girlfriend 21, and this is what we do

Calculate bills and rent over a year, divide it by 12, put in 50% of that monthly allowance each in a joint account in a standing order once per month.

Personal account for ourselves, but we often share it too. If anything was to happen though, we aren't tied into any shared account.

7 months, works perfectl thus far. You need a degree of privacy (we could never buy eachother presents as if someone saw the transactions they'd find out. Also, I save about £500 a month and she saves £300, so we save in our own accounts.)
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by shawtyb
lol thanks

Wanna get to know each other?
I'm 19 and currently working earning well thankfully.

I would prefer to share the account especially once we've got a house however if she doesn't want to I'd still give her access to my account because why wouldn't you trust the person your getting married to and hopefully spending the rest of your life with,

I mean I currently have an account in my name but let my mum look after my money so i invest in the correct places.

All about the individual and how much you trust them.
Wanna get to know each other?

im taken, sorry
Fam,you're a wannabe. Thought you was telling pwople you studied a PhD Chem course,how did you end up being 22 Hussain. Ain't you into your late 20s now. Beg

Think you have the wrong person, check my posts in Investment Banking Careers where I was worried being 22 was too old.

PhD Chem? If I was going to lie about a qualification it would be something worthwhile (Physics/Engineering/Med) not something as pathetic as Chem :smile:.

Made this account in September to ask about an MSc, which I have since received a place in, it's not a "fake" account.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by AthiaKarim
Yes, I feel like I would.

Of course you would...

Like how would you buy your 50 dresses, make up, etc etc etc etc

AND 032948323240732 other items girl buy :wink:
Original post by Oilfreak1
Think you have the wrong person, check my posts in Investment Banking Careers where I was worried being 22 was too old.

PhD Chem? If I was going to lie about a qualification it would be something worthwhile (Physics/Engineering/Med) not something as pathetic as Chem :smile:.

Made this account in September to ask about an MSc, which I have since received a place in, it's not a "fake" account.

You're a phone fam,stop gassing innit. You ain't impressing anyone here
Original post by urbanlocations
Of course you would...

Like how would you buy your 50 dresses, make up, etc etc etc etc

AND 032948323240732 other items girl buy :wink:

Lmaooo is that what you think ALL girls do? Lol spend all their money on clothes and make up? 😂
Lmaooo is that what you think ALL girls do? Lol spend all their money on clothes and make up? 😂

and pizza

erm yes!!!!

Spoiler

Yes actually. I"ll open my personal account. It's more safe and easier.
Original post by Fullofquestions1
and pizza

Of course lol! How can we forget about the pizza

(Although I dislike it lol)
Original post by urbanlocations
erm yes!!!!

Spoiler

What are your statistics and proof for this eh? Lol thought so :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest