The Student Room Group
Lord Ashcroft Building, Anglia Ruskin University
Anglia Ruskin University
Chelmsford
Visit website

Anglia Ruskin First Year Accommodation

I've have my Unconditional for Film Studies, looks really really good and now I'm looking into accommodation and I've got to be real here I am clueless with this stuff so any advice is welcome.

I've skimmed different accommodation pages and CB1 looks pretty good but I see more than half my loan going on a year there. Is CB1 a good choice for first years or is there an ideal place for first years that isn't too bad?

And does the maintenance loan cover accommodation and food for the most part or are most students doing some part time as well as their course?

All of this stuff is pretty daunting without having to think about money but besides that I'm more excited than anything to be in Cambridge for 3 years studying something pretty interesting it's such a great place seemingly full of opportunity and easy access to London and pretty cool people.
Original post by Sug4rkane
I've have my Unconditional for Film Studies, looks really really good and now I'm looking into accommodation and I've got to be real here I am clueless with this stuff so any advice is welcome.

I've skimmed different accommodation pages and CB1 looks pretty good but I see more than half my loan going on a year there. Is CB1 a good choice for first years or is there an ideal place for first years that isn't too bad?

And does the maintenance loan cover accommodation and food for the most part or are most students doing some part time as well as their course?

All of this stuff is pretty daunting without having to think about money but besides that I'm more excited than anything to be in Cambridge for 3 years studying something pretty interesting it's such a great place seemingly full of opportunity and easy access to London and pretty cool people.

Hi Sug4rkane

Congratulations on your offer! We're pleased you'll be joining us soon.

You may already be aware, but we're guaranteeing accommodation to all students who have accepted their offer from us as a firm choice for a limited time only.

There are many options for housing in Cambridge and we want you to make the best choice for you. You can speak to our Residential Services Team who will be happy to answer any questions you have.

We look forward to welcoming you to Anglia Ruskin soon!

Natalie :smile:
Lord Ashcroft Building, Anglia Ruskin University
Anglia Ruskin University
Chelmsford
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Anglia Ruskin University
Hi Sug4rkane

Congratulations on your offer! We're pleased you'll be joining us soon.

You may already be aware, but we're guaranteeing accommodation to all students who have accepted their offer from us as a firm choice for a limited time only.

There are many options for housing in Cambridge and we want you to make the best choice for you. You can speak to our Residential Services Team who will be happy to answer any questions you have.

We look forward to welcoming you to Anglia Ruskin soon!

Wow thanks that's actually real helpful! I made the firm choice midnight Tuesday this week should I receive a student number and password via email or a letter for the student portal to do so soon?
Wow thanks that's actually real helpful! I made the firm choice midnight Tuesday this week should I receive a student number and password via email or a letter for the student portal to do so soon?

Hi Sug4rkane

Glad I could help! :smile:

You should receive an email with your password. have you received this yet?

Reply 4
Hi Sug4rkane

Glad I could help! :smile:

You should receive an email with your password. have you received this yet?

I literally received it not that long ago so thanks! And just out of curiosity what are the internet speeds at CB1 like?
I literally received it not that long ago so thanks! And just out of curiosity what are the internet speeds at CB1 like?

Oh, that's good then!

It's probably best to contact our Cambridge accommodation team for information about internet speed or anything else you may want to know about CB1.

You can call them on 01223 698900, or email them at [email protected]. :smile:
did you guys receive that student number for the accommodation application because i didn't get one when i accepted :/
Original post by ewancastell
did you guys receive that student number for the accommodation application because i didn't get one when i accepted :/

Hi ewancastell

Congratulations on your offer to study at ARU! We're looking forward to you joining us!

When did you accept your offer? Please be mindful that it takes around 24 hours for your student ID to be sent to you after you've accepted your offer.

Hi ewancastell

Congratulations on your offer to study at ARU! We're looking forward to you joining us!

When did you accept your offer? Please be mindful that it takes around 24 hours for your student ID to be sent to you after you've accepted your offer.

My place was confirmed on the 14th of February
My place was confirmed on the 14th of February

It may be a good idea for you to check your junk mail - occasionally our emails can end up in this folder. If you still can't find it, you can contact our admissions team on 01245 686868 or [email protected] who can resend it to you.

I hope this helps.

It may be a good idea for you to check your junk mail - occasionally our emails can end up in this folder. If you still can't find it, you can contact our admissions team on 01245 686868 or [email protected] who can resend it to you.

I hope this helps.

Thank's for the help it was in my junk mail
Thank's for the help it was in my junk mail

Fab! Glad you found it! :smile:
Hey I've applied and reserved a room in Anastasia house any idea how can I see what type of people I'll be living with like profiles as my friends said that he could see the profiles of people when he was selecting a room but I did this early so there weren't anyone else to view ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Yeah I would like to know that too! I've almost completed the application I just need to find the money for the reservation and I was wondering if it actually mattered which room you reserved if you weren't getting a studio
Original post by Mossco1742
Hey I've applied and reserved a room in Anastasia house any idea how can I see what type of people I'll be living with like profiles as my friends said that he could see the profiles of people when he was selecting a room but I did this early so there weren't anyone else to view ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Mossco1742

Glad to hear you'll be living at Anastasia House. It is possible to view the profiles of people you'll be sharing a flat with - just log on to the portal and you'll find the option to do this there.

Is there anything else I can help with?

-Natalie :smile:
Yeah I would like to know that too! I've almost completed the application I just need to find the money for the reservation and I was wondering if it actually mattered which room you reserved if you weren't getting a studio

Hi Sug4rkane

Yes - once you've applied for you accommodation, you'll be able to view the profiles of people you'll be sharing a flat/kitchen with.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'if it actually mattered which room you reserved if you weren't getting a studio' - could you please clarify so I can get you the information you need?

Thanks!

Hey Natalie where would I find this is it the accommodation portal where I did my application or on the university portal as I don't have login details for that thanks
Hi Mossco1742

Glad to hear you'll be living at Anastasia House. It is possible to view the profiles of people you'll be sharing a flat with - just log on to the portal and you'll find the option to do this there.

Is there anything else I can help with?

-Natalie :smile:

Hey Natalie thanks for getting back to me, what portal would I find this is it the accommodation portal as that doesn't let me look at the flats or profiles of flat mates thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mossco1742
Hey Natalie where would I find this is it the accommodation portal where I did my application or on the university portal as I don't have login details for that thanks

Hi Mossco1742

You'll find it in the accommodation portal. If you're unable to find it, you can contact our Cambridge Residential Services Team who'll be able to give you some more information. You can call them on 01223698900 or email them at [email protected].

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending