The Student Room Group

Maths trigonometry help

Can someone help me with these questions as we've never done examples involving a function on both sides:

2 sin(theta) = 3 cos(theta)
and
2 - cos(theta) = 2 sin^2(theta)

Shorten theta=x if you want
Original post by not_lucas1
Can someone help me with these questions as we've never done examples involving a function on both sides:

2sinθ=3cosθ2 sin \theta = 3 cos \theta and 2cosθ=2sin2θ2 - \cos \theta = 2 \sin ^2 \theta

Shorten θ=x\theta=x if you want

For the first one, recall that tanθ=sinθcosθ\tan \theta = \dfrac{\sin \theta}{\cos \theta}

For the second one, can you think of a trig identity linking sin2θ\sin ^2 \theta, cos2θ\cos ^2 \theta and 11?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Kvothe the arcane
For the first one, recall that tanθ=sinθcosθ\tan \theta = \dfrac{\sin \theta}{\cos \theta}

For the second one, can you think of a trig identity linking sin2\sin ^2, cos2\cos ^2 and 11?

honestly all we've done on these graphs is finding the answers when given an example. We haven't learnt anything like that so I'm not so sure why they set us this homework
honestly all we've done on these graphs is finding the answers when given an example. We haven't learnt anything like that so I'm not so sure why they set us this homework

Oh, wow I see.

So you've not covered any trig identities?
Original post by Kvothe the arcane
Oh, wow I see.

So you've not covered any trig identities?

No, we haven't. I think I'm just going to leave this homework until we actually learn it, thanks for the help anyway
What are the odds, we learnt it today. We had the homework set on Monday for friday then it turns out they set us the wrong homework
What are the odds, we learnt it today. We had the homework set on Monday for friday then it turns out they set us the wrong homework

Oh okay. Well good luck:smile: with the solutions.

Quick Reply

Latest