The Student Room Group

Fuming with EX Girlfriend - Justified? Help me move on

My ex of 2 years broke up with me 2-3 weeks ago. Fine, it happens. But what is hurting me is the fact that she met up with a guy for coffee this week. The same guy I suspected she had feelings for towards the end of our relationship and I KNOW she was in contact with him whilst we were together for a good 3 months, but whenever I asked about him he was just a "friend". So whilst I was going through hell on my own pre and post break up, she had this guy to cry to and build a bond with. Unreal.

None of it matters now, but I blew up on her and lost my cool when I found out earlier this week. It's like she purposely told me to wind me up. I find it amazing how she can immediately meet a random guy online for a drink, probably doing stuff we used to do, and not feel an ounce of guilt!? The thought of her with someone else makes me feel physically sick. She played it off like "I don't understand what's wrong?"

I have not contacted her since I found out, but she accused me of being insecure and has just left me looking like the weird jealous ex. Was my anger justified? She is single and can do what she wants, but the fact she denies there was nothing between the two of them when we were together is what angers and hurts me the most.
Reply 1
one thing iv learnt is that the ex will say what ever they can to make their own actions feel justified in their own heads

move on. let her make you out to be the bad one because no matter what you do or say she will say it anyway

just get on with your life
Reply 2
Original post by shawtyb
one thing iv learnt is that the ex will say what ever they can to make their own actions feel justified in their own heads

move on. let her make you out to be the bad one because no matter what you do or say she will say it anyway

just get on with your life

You're right there. She came out with all this crap to justify leaving, including blaming me and listing all my faults and what I did wrong in the relationship - nothing is her fault. If it's because she had feelings for someone else, then I would have rather she just said that rather than stringing it out and making me believe it's not all over by saying she's "Not sure" etc.
Reply 3
I know it doesn't feel fair and you think you're hurting more, but she's moving on. You should do the same.
In all honesty she'd probably been pushing the breakup for a while. In her head she may of been broken up with you for a while but simply not capable of bringing herself to actually do it.

Tbh I was in a similar situation almost two years ago now. Dumped and she was seeing a guy extremely fast, although I since found out the reason why and once I did I thought good riddance!
Reply 5
Original post by DanB1991
In all honesty she'd probably been pushing the breakup for a while. In her head she may of been broken up with you for a while but simply not capable of bringing herself to actually do it.

Tbh I was in a similar situation almost two years ago now. Dumped and she was seeing a guy extremely fast, although I since found out the reason why and once I did I thought good riddance!

Did you get over it fast? I'm trying to distract myself but it's constantly on my mind - questions like, what is she doing with him etc? I even had a dream about us last night and constantly wake up throughout the night. This sucks. Being dropped for someone "better" is a blow.
Original post by Anonymous
Did you get over it fast? I'm trying to distract myself but it's constantly on my mind - questions like, what is she doing with him etc? I even had a dream about us last night and constantly wake up throughout the night. This sucks. Being dropped for someone "better" is a blow.

Not initially....

Then it kind of clicked.... would I want to really be with someone who was like that?

Like obviously I still like to moan about her being like that.... but meh.... who doesn't like a good moan?
Reply 7
I've recently had this happen to me, apart from I did the dumping, and she's now gone back to a guy she used to sleep with before we got together and he dumped his girlfriend around the same time, coincidence? Probably not.

I've gone completely no contact with her, she was argumentative constantly towards the end and I have no time for that in my life, it really hurts, but I know it'll be better in the long run.

Go completely no contact, don't bother speaking to her and walk away. The best thing you can ever do in a situation like this is walk away and mean it, you'll look stronger for it in the long run. Delete her off everything, phone number, facebook etc and destroy all evidence the relationship ever existed. You're justified in being angry don't worry about it.
Of course you have a right to be angry! it stings seeing an ex with someone so quick after a break up. I totally understand. Because on one hand you're sitting here remembering everything you had and being hurt by the break up, yet she's with another guy doing things that you and her have been doing for the past 2 years. It will make you have doubts and think wow did she even love me etc etc how can she move on so quick? so yes, your anger is justified.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending