The Student Room Group

Student Overdraft damage credit score?

Hi there,

Over the last few years I have built up a strong credit score. I have become a bit short of cash recently and got a student overdraft facility with Natwest. The max limit is £2000 however I definitely do not plan on ever using it to that extent however I am currently and have been for the last 2 weeks been overdrawn by around £200. I was made clear that this was a student overdraft and that it has 0 interest. My question is will this damage my credit rating? My account will be in the possitive again within the next 2-3 weeks if this is of any use.

Sorry if this question sounds silly !

Thanks
Original post by 996sam
Hi there,

Over the last few years I have built up a strong credit score. I have become a bit short of cash recently and got a student overdraft facility with Natwest. The max limit is £2000 however I definitely do not plan on ever using it to that extent however I am currently and have been for the last 2 weeks been overdrawn by around £200. I was made clear that this was a student overdraft and that it has 0 interest. My question is will this damage my credit rating? My account will be in the possitive again within the next 2-3 weeks if this is of any use.

Sorry if this question sounds silly !

Thanks

I don't think so, although creditors will be able to see what you owe.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2035693

This thread has discussed it before and the fact that you're not paying interest is probably a good thing.

There is no easy answer to this :no:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending