The Student Room Group

Donald Trump: 'I think Islam hates us'

Washington (CNN)—Donald Trump said Wednesday that he thinks "Islam hates us," drawing little distinction between the religion and radical Islamic terrorism.

I think Islam hates us,
Trump told CNN's Anderson Cooper, deploring the "tremendous hatred" that he said partly defined the religion. He maintained the war was against radical Islam, but said,
it's very hard to define. It's very hard to separate. Because you don't know who's who.

Asked if the hate was "in Islam itself," Trump would only say that was for the media to figure out.

You're gonna have to figure that out, OK?
he told Cooper.
We have to be very vigilant. We have to be very careful. And we can't allow people coming into this country who have this hatred of the United States.

Trump made headlines in December when he called for a temporary ban on Muslims entering the U.S., "until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on." Despite widespread condemnation of the remarks, Trump has stood by the proposal.

In speaking with Cooper, Trump added that
there can be no doctrine
when asked to outline how he would project power overseas.

Trump also tried to clarify his position on how far he would go in targeting the families of terrorists. He has said in the past that he is in favor of "expanding the laws" that govern how the U.S. can combat and deter terrorism, and Trump has called to bring back waterboarding, even vowing the U.S. "should go a lot further than waterboarding."

But Trump on Wednesday declined to say what specific measures he would support.

I'll work on it with the generals,
he told Cooper. He added,
We have to play the game at a much tougher level than we're playing it now.

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/03/09/politics/donald-trump-islam-hates-us/

Scroll to see replies

The guy is deluded.

He can talk out of his mouth when he does something to his hair.
Reply 2
Islam is a person now. Interesting.
Original post by mkap
How can a religion hate someone lol :dontknow:

Trigger warning: hateful religious messages in spoiler:

Qur'an:

Spoiler

Bible:

Spoiler

Talmud:

Spoiler

Sorry, can't find many hateful messages from Hindu, Buddhist and other majorish religions...
Reply 4
Original post by carlskep
Trigger warning: hateful religious messages in spoiler:

Qur'an:

Spoiler

Bible:

Spoiler

Talmud:

Spoiler

Sorry, can't find many hateful messages from Hindu, Buddhist and other majorish religions...

You just have to look at India and Burma to see violence against other religions for Hinduism and Buddhism.

You may be triggered.
Islam does hate the west, no doubt. It's incompatible with it's core values. But some muslims are moderate and it's unethical to brand everyone in the same boat. However i think Trump knows how dumb the average american is and it will play well for him.

Vote Bernie!
Original post by Hussm
You just have to look at India and Burma to see violence against other religions for Hinduism and Buddhism.

You may be triggered.

Religious people can hate and be violent!? No way!!

This is about the religious teachings. We may be able to scrap some hateful teachings in Hindu, Buddhist and Sikh scripture but all of them combined would not even compare to those found in any one Abrahamic book.
Original post by mkap

quite easily

if a religious doctrine says that men are allowed to discipline women

if a religious doctrine states that certain groups of individual will go to a 'hell' where they will be tortured for infinity

etc.
Original post by Hussm

You may be triggered.

The difference is that such acts are not doctrinally-justified, wheres in Islam they are (or it is much easier to argue as much).
Reply 9
Original post by Bill_Gates

Vote Bernie!

lol
Original post by mkap

I'm a fornicator a drinker and I eat pork. I think there is no god and regularly take his name in vain (In fact once I pretended to be interested in Islam only to get a girl to sleep with me (and it worked:smile:). I offer money to people and charge them interest.

I have done horrific things to my quran and to my bible (in relative terms)

Are you telling me Islam 'loves' me for all of this or does Islam have nothing to say about my actions?
Original post by mkap

So if he'd said 'Muslims hate us' that'd be OK with you? I really doubt it. He's putting the hatred onto the ideology, not onto the people. Given how many verses there are in the quran expressing the utmost contempt for non-Muslims (and I'm saying that as tactfully as possible), it's hard to say Trump is wrong here.
Original post by BaconandSauce
I'm a fornicator a drinker and I eat pork. I think there is no god and regularly take his name in vain (In fact once I pretended to be interested in Islam only to get a girl to sleep with me (and it worked:smile:). I offer money to people and charge them interest.

I have done horrific things to my quran and to my bible (in relative terms)

Are you telling me Islam 'loves' me for all of this or does Islam have nothing to say about my actions?

It doesn't love you or hate you. It's just there.

You're asking whether or not a belief loves or hates you. A belief doesn't, can't and won't love or hate you. However a person holding a belief can.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Hussm

You may be triggered.

There is no violence against other religion in india.
As a person who has lived there for 15 years, i could tell you that all of us live in peace and harmony.
I'm not completely disagreeing with ur point as there are some d**kheads who are born to make problems.

I've never heard of any sort of violence from buddhism?? Were you just making a claim or do u have any evidences?
Reply 14
Original post by Jesus Walks
The difference is that such acts are not doctrinally-justified, wheres in Islam they are (or it is much easier to argue as much).

Ah so ethnic/religious cleansing is fine as long as the religious people do it and it doesn't say in the scriptures.
Reply 15
Original post by If u dont mind
There is no violence against other religion in india.
As a person who has lived there for 15 years, i could tell you that all of us live in peace and harmony.
I'm not completely disagreeing with ur point as there are some d**kheads who are born to make problems.

I've never heard of any sort of violence from buddhism?? Were you just making a claim or do u have any evidences?

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/focus-rohingya-persecution-myanmar-ethnic-cleansing-1504610
The people that are carrying out these acts are buddhist.
Reply 16
Original post by carlskep
Religious people can hate and be violent!? No way!!

This is about the religious teachings. We may be able to scrap some hateful teachings in Hindu, Buddhist and Sikh scripture but all of them combined would not even compare to those found in any one Abrahamic book.

So ethnic cleansing is fine as long it doesn't say in the scriptures?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 17
Original post by Achaea
So if he'd said 'Muslims hate us' that'd be OK with you? I really doubt it. He's putting the hatred onto the ideology, not onto the people. Given how many verses there are in the quran expressing the utmost contempt for non-Muslims (and I'm saying that as tactfully as possible), it's hard to say Trump is wrong here.

Well spoken.
Trump's right lmao.

Islam is a religion of hatred and intolerance, disguised and diluted by the moderate individuals who cherrypick the least abrasive components to follow.
Original post by Hussm
Ah so ethnic/religious cleansing is fine as long as the religious people do it and it doesn't say in the scriptures.

No, I never said it was fine - just that it can only be attributed to a religion (as distinct from its followers) where it is religiously-ordained in that religion's holy scripture.

The acts of those whom profess to be religious really have no bearing on how bad the religion (by this I mean it's teachings - found in its holy books) actually is itself.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending