The Student Room Group

Student Loan as well as Bursary

Hi,

I remember reading somewhere that as well as applying for an NHS Bursary you may be able to also apply for a lesser amount of Student Loan.

Can anyone advise how to do this? Do we just apply as everyone else with Student Finance and declare somewhere that we will be in receipt of a bursary? Do I need to wait and find out how much I will get for my bursary first?

Thanks!
Original post by allym123
Hi,

I remember reading somewhere that as well as applying for an NHS Bursary you may be able to also apply for a lesser amount of Student Loan.

Can anyone advise how to do this? Do we just apply as everyone else with Student Finance and declare somewhere that we will be in receipt of a bursary? Do I need to wait and find out how much I will get for my bursary first?

Thanks!

Just apply through sfe online now. The loan is 2.3k ish.
Original post by allym123
Hi,

Thanks!

You qualify for a reduced loan from SFE - its about £2300 - and you apply for it in the usual way but as you say declare that you are eligible for the NHS bursary/tuition fees paid.
Reply 3
Original post by AmyPilot
You qualify for a reduced loan from SFE - its about £2300 - and you apply for it in the usual way but as you say declare that you are eligible for the NHS bursary/tuition fees paid.

Original post by claireestelle
Just apply through sfe online now. The loan is 2.3k ish.

Fab - thank you both for your quick replies!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending