The Student Room Group

Donald Trump: 'I think Islam hates us'

Scroll to see replies

Original post by melanin101
It doesn't love you or hate you. It's just there.

You're asking whether or not a belief loves or hates you. A belief doesn't, can't and won't love or hate you. However a person holding a belief can.

No I am asking what does the Islam 'say' about me given who I am and what I have done.

Does it hate me or does it love me (for example I know a Christian would say Christianity teaches them to love me but hate my sins)
Original post by Hussm
So ethnic cleansing is fine as long it doesn't say in the scriptures.

:laugh: Really, this is what you get from what I said?

Donald Trump: Islam hates us
mkap: How can a religion hate someone lolzilolz
Me: Hateful Abrahamic messages
You: But Hindus and Buddhist are violent too!!!
Me: Topic's about religious teachings
You: So you support ethnic cleansing!!!
Reply 22
Original post by carlskep
:laugh: Really, this is what you get from what I said?

Donald Trump: Islam hates us
mkap: How can a religion hate someone lolzilolz
Me: Hateful Abrahamic messages
You: But Hindus and Buddhist are violent too!!!
Me: Topic's about religious teachings
You: So you support ethnic cleansing!!!

You were holding Buddhism and Hinduism as some saviour of humanity so I thought i'd bring you down a notch.
Reply 23
Original post by Arkasia
Trump's right lmao.

Islam is a religion of hatred and intolerance, disguised and diluted by the moderate individuals who cherrypick the least abrasive components to follow.

Everyone that isn't killing their next door neighbour is cherrypicking, good to know wise one.
Original post by Hussm
Everyone that isn't killing their next door neighbour is cherrypicking, good to know wise one.

Pretty much, but I'm glad they are, if every muslim was a fundamentalist, we'd be screwed.
Original post by Hussm
You were holding Buddhism and Hinduism as some saviour of humanity so I thought i'd bring you down a notch.

Then you tripped yourself over while trying to bring a strawman "down a notch" as I certainly did not say anything like that.
Reply 26
Original post by carlskep
Then you tripped yourself over while trying to bring a strawman "down a notch" as I certainly did not say anything like that.

"Sorry, can't find many hateful messages from Hindu, Buddhist and other majorish religions"

That wasn't relevant.
He's correct. This can be seen in both the Qur'an and the various other writings.
Original post by BaconandSauce
No I am asking what does the Islam 'say' about me given who I am and what I have done.

Does it hate me or does it love me (for example I know a Christian would say Christianity teaches them to love me but hate my sins)

It doesn't "say" anything because it is a set of ideas and beliefs. It's a religion, not a person. The stuff you listed goes against those ideas and beliefs therefore muslim person will decide to love or hate you based on them.

Your example about Christianity is just another way of saying: I learned from Christianity to love you but hate your sins. Christianity however can't love or hate.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Hussm

Can you quote his post where he says anything even remotely like 'Buddhism and Hinduism are some saviour of humanity'? The post of his that I read says 'Sorry, can't find many hateful messages from Hindu, Buddhist and other majorish religions...' You're protesting and projecting too much, methinks. Unless you're able to cite some scripture of these religions which says that non-adherents are 'the vilest of creatures' like the quran says about non-Muslims? Do you think calling non-Muslims 'the vilest of creatures' is promoting affection and tolerance for them? Because I certainly don't.
Original post by Hussm
"Sorry, can't find many hateful messages from Hindu, Buddhist and other majorish religions"

That wasn't relevant.

Of course it was relevant as I am responding to the question of how a religion can be hateful and chose the major religions to showcase this. Hinduism and Buddhism are in that league.
Can we keep this man made fk*ng religions in the side and deal with our own lifes?
I cant believe people are still arguing for their religions!! We are all humans guys!! Dont let anything separate us....... Learn to say 'we' instead of 'us' and 'u'!!!
If u r that desparate, believe in God.... But please dont divide that again as 'our' god and 'your' god!
In my opinion.... Government should ban religious activites in every country!!
:angry:
Reply 32
Original post by Achaea
Can you quote his post where he says anything even remotely like 'Buddhism and Hinduism are some saviour of humanity'? The post of his that I read says 'Sorry, can't find many hateful messages from Hindu, Buddhist and other majorish religions...' You're protesting and projecting too much, methinks. Unless you're able to cite some scripture of these religions which says that non-adherents are 'the vilest of creatures' like the quran says about non-Muslims? Do you think calling non-Muslims 'the vilest of creatures' is promoting affection and tolerance for them? Because I certainly don't.

If buddhists are carrying murdering and raping others solely on the basis of their religion does it matter whether the scriptures say to do or not?
- Plans to ban Muslims from coming to the US
- Thinks "Islam hates him"

Well I wonder why.
It doesn't "say" anything because it is a set of ideas and beliefs. It's a religion, not a person. The stuff you listed goes against those ideas and beliefs therefore muslim person will decide to love or hate you based on them.

Your example about Christianity is just another way of saying: I learned from Christianity to love you but hate your sins. Christianity however can't love or hate.

hence the quotation marks around 'say'

But I don't believe it has nothing to 'say' about me

But OK what does the quran teach about me is that a fairer question?
Original post by Hussm
If buddhists are carrying murdering and raping others solely on the basis of their religion does it matter whether the scriptures say to do or not?

This thread was about Trump saying 'Islam hates us' not 'Muslims hate us'. Therefore we're talking about the ideology, and your desperate attempts at deflection are irrelevant. If you're that bothered about the actions of some Buddhists, I suggest you start another thread.

You didn't answer my question. Do you think the 'perfect' 'divine' quran describing non-Muslims as 'the vilest of creatures' promotes affection and tolerance for them?
Reply 36
Original post by Achaea
This thread was about Trump saying 'Islam hates us' not 'Muslims hate us'. Therefore we're talking about the ideology, and your desperate attempts at deflection are irrelevant. If you're that bothered about the actions of some Buddhists, I suggest you start another thread.

You didn't answer my question. Do you think the 'perfect' 'divine' quran describing non-Muslims as 'the vilest of creatures' promotes affection and tolerance for them?

I don't know, I don't have a degree in Islamic studies. My post was in response to another post, not to the OP.
Original post by Hussm
I don't know, I don't have a degree in Islamic studies. My post was in response to another post, not to the OP.

And why do you have to have a degree to form an opinion on whether calling people 'the worst of creatures' promotes affection and tolerance for them? Do you think it does?
Original post by BaconandSauce
hence the quotation marks around 'say'

But I don't believe it has nothing to 'say' about me

But OK what does the quran teach about me is that a fairer question?

The quran doesn't teach anything about you as you are not in it.............................. Just kidding, I know what you mean. And yes that is a better question.

Well, the stuff you said in your previous post goes against quran's teachings. To put it lightly, its teachings would dictate that if you lived the rest of your life like that, you'd be on a one way trip to hell. That's about it I think.
(edited 8 years ago)
its teachings would dictate that if you lived the rest of your life like that, you'd be on a one way trip to hell.

Don't worry I will be:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest