The Student Room Group

If today is monday what day would it be 65 days from now?

To figure this out do we do days/no. of days in a week.. 65/7 = 9.28, which is 9 weeks and 0.28 days of a week, so to figure out how many days 0.28 of a week is we then do 0.28x7 = 1.96days, round it up which is 2, so the answer will be Wednesday?

Is my method correct?
modulo 7

and yes it is correct what you've done
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Breakingbank
To figure this out do we do days/no. of days in a week.. 65/7 = 9.28, which is 9 weeks and 0.28 days of a week, so to figure out how many days 0.28 of a week is we then do 0.28x7 = 1.96days, round it up which is 2, so the answer will be Wednesday?

Is my method correct?

Instead of bothering with the decimals, you could've just spotted that the highest multiple of seven that fits in the range 0 - 65 is 63, meaning that it would be a Monday 63 days from now. Then you could have added two to that to figure out that 65 days from now would be a Wednesday. :tongue:
but today is Thursday ? :hmmmm2:
Original post by Hydeman
Instead of bothering with the decimals, you could've just spotted that the highest multiple of seven that fits in the range 0 - 65 is 63, meaning that it would be a Monday 63 days from now. Then you could have added two to that to figure out that 65 days from now would be a Wednesday. :tongue:

that is much simpler haha! thanks for pointing it out :smile:
Original post by the bear

I knew there'd be at least one person who said this... :tongue:
Original post by Hydeman

Definitely a Wednesday, definitely

(edited 8 years ago)
Just count on a calendar.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by the bear

There is an if in the question :h:.
Original post by Kvothe the arcane
There is an if in the question :h:.

if today is Thursday it is not Monday :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest