The Student Room Group

Dundee Medicine 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

I made a page for all the offer holders so we can all chat to each other and get to know our potential classmates :smile: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1112026265497174/
Reply 481
Do you guys think they're going to give out anymore offers today?
Original post by EKM56
Do you guys think they're going to give out anymore offers today?

They have been coming out since lunch time...don't see a reason for it to be stopped yet
Original post by kcampbell893
Between Dundee and Glasgow as the top choices...Dundee is the better medical school, I love the city, the course is good, the uni is good and my boyfriend just got a new job here. However I would love the chance to try somewhere else and Glasgow is also pretty good...so I'm torn haha didn't think I would have the choice

Ik! It seems so hard to choose between the two, but at least you are given the choice! well done!!!!!
Glasgow has a higher condition, but the city is so vibrant and buzzing! the student life seems amazing! when I went to the open day, everyone was so friendly and approachable! Its also quite musical(every time I go to glasgow, there are street musicians performing on the streets), which I really really like!
Dundee's medical school has a better reputation, the city feels small and homely, a completely different vibe from glasgow!
It is hard hahahaha! where else did u apply??
Original post by Junioh
Ik! It seems so hard to choose between the two, but at least you are given the choice! well done!!!!!
Glasgow has a higher condition, but the city is so vibrant and buzzing! the student life seems amazing! when I went to the open day, everyone was so friendly and approachable! Its also quite musical(every time I go to glasgow, there are street musicians performing on the streets), which I really really like!
Dundee's medical school has a better reputation, the city feels small and homely, a completely different vibe from glasgow!
It is hard hahahaha! where else did u apply??

I applied to Aberdeen, Dundee, Glasgow and Belfast - Can't knock Dundee student life either to be honest...the student union is the best in Scotland and 3rd best in the UK...fabulous nights out have been held there and in the surrounding clubs. And the fact that everything is so close together makes it great for going to clubs and societies...in the summer months there are BBQs and stuff held on campus and it has such a great feel...part of the reason I would choose Dundee over Glasgow. Because Glasgow does have great vibes and i do like the city...but the whole thing seems so much more spread out...I'm worried I would feel lost
Colour me surprised - unconditional offer came through on eVision, Scottish graduate. Still not happy with the interview process and didn't think I'd done enough to justify an offer.

Now the arduous task of choosing between Dundee and Aberdeen! Best of luck to everyone.
I am absolutely terrified, I dont know what to expect, I want this so bad
Sorry to be a pain but does anyone know how long it took to release all the offers last year? Did they do it all in one day or spread over several? Well done to everyone so far! :biggrin:
Do you get a notification on evision if something has changed or should I just keep checking??
I'm bricking it too... Dundee is my top choice and I'd be gutted if I got a rejection! Hang in there guys!
Original post by ellsbells75
Sorry to be a pain but does anyone know how long it took to release all the offers last year? Did they do it all in one day or spread over several? Well done to everyone so far! :biggrin:

It was over several days so don't despair just yet

Original post by dolphinqueen
Do you get a notification on evision if something has changed or should I just keep checking??

Evision doesn't notify you if it changes but I wouldn't expect much past 6pm if I was being honest as the staff will go home. Could be wrong though
Reply 491
Does anyone know about replying to offers? Is it the same as other degrees? Can I pick one as firm and one as insurance? Or does that not apply to medicine?
Original post by kcampbell893
It was over several days so don't despair just yet

do post-interview rejections only get sent once all the offers are done? I'm so scared right now :frown:
Original post by u12lg7
Does anyone know about replying to offers? Is it the same as other degrees? Can I pick one as firm and one as insurance? Or does that not apply to medicine?

As far as I'm aware if you are choosing an unconditional as firm that is the only one you choose (what happened to me for current degree) but if you are choosing with conditional then you get both. It is through track.

Original post by thermometer
do post-interview rejections only get sent once all the offers are done? I'm so scared right now :frown:

I'm not sure but I am certain not all offers are out yet :smile:
Omg!! Offer BBB and I honestly thought my interview went so badly! Congrats to everyone!
Well done man!
Original post by danielj2705
Omg!! Offer BBB and I honestly thought my interview went so badly! Congrats to everyone!

Congratulations! When did you find out?
YAYSSSS I got an offer!!! (Lol it took me ages trying to remember my username for evision)
Original post by Inspired1178
YAYSSSS I got an offer!!! (Lol it took me ages trying to remember my username for evision)

Congrats! Are you a school leaver?
Original post by medap123
Congratulations! When did you find out?

I just checked eVision when I saw this thread!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending