The Student Room Group

Keele A100 Applicants 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rhodesmartha246
I'm sure if they were intending to give out fewer offers than normal they would have published it on their website somewhere

Fingers crossed
Hopefully more offers will be given out as I rejected my offer yesterday... Good luck to all! :smile:
Reply 1182
Original post by stephannalee
That's what it was last year but also saw someone on here say they're only giving out 170 offers this year, not sure if it's true though

Yeah 160-170 offers this year which sucks a bit, because apparently more people are putting keele as their first choice 😩

(I was told this a few weeks ago when visiting keele I spoke to one of the admissions tutors face to face)
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1183
Is there 11 stations? If so what is it? I can only seem to count 10 from the information they have gave us.
Original post by vka94
Is there 11 stations? If so what is it? I can only seem to count 10 from the information they have gave us.

The last one is probably to watch a video in preparation for the next station
Original post by vka94

The 11tgbstation is a rest station I think
Will they use our roles and responsibilities form?
Just to let you guys know I am still waiting to hear, anyone else in this position?
Original post by Charlottemc1234
Just to let you guys know I am still waiting to hear, anyone else in this position?

Oh what!! I check this thread mainly to see if you get an interview. We are in March now. :/ I reaaaaaaaally hope you get that email you are waiting for. They did say they'll let you know by this week right? Fingers crossed you find out later today :smile:
Original post by sara0928
Oh what!! I check this thread mainly to see if you get an interview. We are in March now. :/ I reaaaaaaaally hope you get that email you are waiting for. They did say they'll let you know by this week right? Fingers crossed you find out later today :smile:

Yeah I know I really hope so too!
Reply 1190
Hi Charlotte,
I am in the same position as you :smile:! Let me know when you hear! This is really exciting! I was told that we should hear by the end of the week as well.
Original post by Maden222
All candidates rotate through the same station once so yes you each get asked the same questions. The format is MMI, not group discussion. All the info you need is on their website:

The MMI, in addition to forming an overall impression of the student, will assess in particular the following areas:
Broad awareness of health and social issues
Caring
Clinical communication
Clinical data handling
Empathy & insight
Ethical awareness
Motivation / experiences informing your decision to pursue a medical career
Responsibilities of a doctor
Resilience
Understanding of professionalism

They have told you what they will be looking for so I would spend time thinking about these areas and how you might demonstrate these attributes - good luck.

For the "clinical data handling", does that mean the half an hour maths test? Or is it another separate station where there is data handling
Guys please help, will they be using our R&R form in one of the interview stations??
Original post by academia123
Guys please help, will they be using our R&R form in one of the interview stations??

They didn't in my interview last year, if so it's just on your work experience. R+R is scored as further process/step in inviting you for interview I believe.
Reply 1194
For the "clinical data handling", does that mean the half an hour maths test? Or is it another separate station where there is data handling

It means the half hour maths test! I asked about this on the phone to clear it up in my head too haha
The maths test is simple enough, don't worry :smile: I didn't even finish it and did ok.
Original post by Le poms
The maths test is simple enough, don't worry :smile: I didn't even finish it and did ok.

ok as in you got an offer? because i don;t think i'll be finished either :smile:
Yeah got an offer a week after my interview
Original post by Le poms
Yeah got an offer a week after my interview

Oh great! Thank you, and congrats on your offer :smile: did you feel that the real thing was harder than the practice one given on the website?
Oh great! Thank you, and congrats on your offer :smile: did you feel that the real thing was harder than the practice one given on the website?

I didn't know there was a practice one last year, it's reasonable.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending