The Student Room Group

Harris Westminster Entrance Exams

Scroll to see replies

I was wondering, HWSF describes itself as selective so it's not a grammar school? Also, I never attended the open day because I couldn't make it so I never got to experience the atmosphere. Did you guys enjoy it? 😊
Original post by Thedaniellamary
that's amazing!! Is it your first choice?

No. It's a back up though. I got a conditional offer at my main choice school though.
I got in!!! My score was 530
yayyyy congratulations 🎉🎉🎉🎉

Aw thank you 🙆🏻

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well done everyone

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Undec
No. It's a back up though. I got a conditional offer at my main choice school though.
ahh, all the best of luck then and congratulations on the conditional offer at your first choice 😄
ahh, all the best of luck then and congratulations on the conditional offer at your first choice 😄

Thank you! Good luck to you also with your exams!!
I got an offer! I genuinely thought I flopped everything, I'm really happy. :smile:
Congratulations to everyone else! My score was 625 :biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)
Wahay I got an offer!! 550 was my score

Congratulations to everyone else and hope to see some of you there
Look forward to seeing all of you in the future :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got in with a 585!!!!
We're all going to be in each other's classes how crazy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Vanilla Cupcake
Wahay I got an offer!! 550 was my score

Congratulations to everyone else and hope to see some of you there

We've got a decision to make now! Harris or King's for you?
Original post by kennethdcharles
I got an offer! I genuinely thought I flopped everything, I'm really happy. :smile:
Congratulations to everyone else! My score was 625 :biggrin:

I got 624!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got in too with 542!! Well done everyoneee
I was wondering, HWSF describes itself as selective so it's not a grammar school? Also, I never attended the open day because I couldn't make it so I never got to experience the atmosphere. Did you guys enjoy it? 😊

Yeah it isn't a grammar school and from what I've heard, the open day was really good even though a lot of people were nervous!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kennethdcharles
We've got a decision to make now! Harris or King's for you?

I think it's going to be HWSF, mainly because I prefer the location and the fact I can do French. What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Vanilla Cupcake
I think it's going to be HWSF, mainly because I prefer the location and the fact I can do French. What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I personally wanna go HWSF, for the same reasons as you; I prefer the location and I want to do chemistry. But my dad likes the fact that it's a maths school (kings) and that I can get 50% off travel and a windows tablet. So I'm yet to finalise my decision. :smile:
Original post by Onanwo
Yeah it isn't a grammar school and from what I've heard, the open day was really good even though a lot of people were nervous!

Posted from TSR Mobile
yeah I just read that they aren't because they have the admissions criteria with FSM etc so therefore, it's just selective. What was the building/departments like?
yeah I just read that they aren't because they have the admissions criteria with FSM etc so therefore, it's just selective. What was the building/departments like?

From what I saw, the building was pretty big though I don't know exactly how big it was. However, it must be pretty big seeing as they have accepted 450 people for 1 year group and have classes below a size of 30 students...

The classrooms also seemed nice and well equipped with textbooks lol, and the whole place looked relatively modern. I vaguely remember the head teacher mentioning something about air conditioning...
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending