The Student Room Group

Do I sound like a moderate to you?

I'm just wondering I took some tests and most said I was either a centrist liberal or moderately republican one said I was the average republican and another said I am a moderate that leans democrat.

But I always thought I was more conservative. More to the right than anything. And I got no such result.

I am prolife in actually all case even the life of the mother. But the life of the mother I'm a bit softer on the subject I feel like they shouldn't be penalized if they get an abortion. But I'm definitely prolife in all cases even including rape and incest.

I'm pro free speech

I hate unions

I am profree trade.

I am against raising the minimum wage above 7.25 per hour

I hate raising taxes

I am against affirmative action

I also am against the notion that health care is right.

I think the illegal aliens should be sent home and banned from coming back and I think they need to be replaced with law abiding legal immigrants who want to go to college and benefit our country not a be burden.

I also believe in English being made the official language and making it compulsory for every immigrant to learn upon entering this country.

I am for the death penalty.

I think wasting money on the environment is insane for things like global warming which doesn't exist

I am for school vouchers

I am for religious liberties. I think people should in general also have a right to deny service under any reason that makes them uncomfortable.

I am pro guns
I think all drugs should be illegal and the drug addicts should be put in prison hopefully for life

I also think arabs should be banned from the country. Not muslims though specifically the people who have isis as a problem should obviously not be allowed in the country to keep us safe.

Only thing I'm liberal on is marriage, and social programs.

I think gays should have a right to marry that's their business and no one else's.

I'm liberal on the right to die I think everyone should have the right to die if they chose

I am for universal medicare

And I think welfare should be strengthened and made toactually help the poor not trap the poor.

I prefer spending on social programs when we have the money for it as oppose to foreign aid military spending. I think the focus should be inside our borders more than anything.

I'm also in favor of privacy.

I also think barack Obama despite being a liberal crack head that lets criminals out of jail early did a better job than bush did as far as foreign affairs. And I hate bush

I'm also against intervention I think we should really scale back on how involved we are with other country's business. If they have a dictator war genocide etc it's not for us to intervene. Look at how Iraq has turned out if only we minded our own business we'd have been a lot better.

How the hell do I sound like a moderate? I think I'm very far from a liberal. I'm at lest moderately conservative compared to the most staunch conservative I'd say? Does this sound moderate to you?
(edited 8 years ago)
Not at all, but why does it matter to you?
Reply 2
Original post by TheArtofProtest
Didn't realise Donald Trump had an account on TSR.

Spoiler

I don't agree with trump on abortion or gay marriage actually I agree with ted cruz on more issues than trump. But I prefer marco Rubio because he is prolife and actually talks about it. So I trust him more than I trust ted cruz.
Reply 3
Original post by WBZ144
Not at all, but why does it matter to you?

Because just find it really surprising because I've never considered voting for a liberal or even really a moderate. Well I did want to vote for rand paul before he dropped out is he moderate I guess? But other than that I've also gone for the most conservative candidate.
Reply 4
but I prefer trump to Kasich honestly.

It's like this order.

Marco Rubio is who I voted for in our caucus. If Ted Cruz got through instead in the general election. I'll vote for him.

If Trump or Kasich come out I stay home. But I would definitely prefer trump to win the nomination and even election over John Kasich.
(edited 8 years ago)
No, you're mental.
Reply 6
Original post by TorpidPhil
No, you're mental.

you must be an extremist lol. Since there's a lot more conservative than me.
Anyone who is even remotely conservative in America is way to the right of the Overton window basically anywhere else.
Reply 8
You sound like an extreme moderate as others have mentioned
Reply 9
Anti abortion but pro death penalty hmm.
Original post by IAmNero
You sound like an extreme moderate as others have mentioned

Nobody has mentioned that.
Reply 11
Original post by SmashConcept
Nobody has mentioned that.

Is sarcasm lost on you or do you not have any sense of humour?
Original post by IAmNero
Is sarcasm lost on you or do you not have any sense of humour?

I suppose both, when I'm reading your posts.
Reply 13
I suppose both, when I'm reading your posts.

The feeling is mutual
Reply 14
Anyone who is even remotely conservative in America is way to the right of the Overton window basically anywhere else.

what's overton?
Why pro guns?
Original post by IAmNero
The feeling is mutual

I haven't used any sarcasm in this thread and we haven't spoken before.
Reply 17
I haven't used any sarcasm in this thread and we haven't spoken before.

We haven't in spoken, but I have encountered you in other threads.
Original post by IAmNero
We haven't in spoken, but I have encountered you in other threads.

That's nice.
Reply 19
Original post by DedicatedWizard
Why pro guns?

I think it's a constitutional right and I think that the way our country is set up to restrict guns would be just idiotic. Because criminals get their guns from the south regardless of the laws just like they get drugs. The only ones adhering to the laws would be the potential victims. And with terrorism it's well known had the paris attacks been here there would have been plenty of shots fired back at the terrorists.

Quick Reply

Latest