The Student Room Group

C3, c4, fp1, fp2, s2, d1, d2, m2. Self teach!!!

I know this is might not be necessary but I am aiming to teach myself or at least get a private tutor, to teach me/myself, the modules listed above, in that order where i might teach a few simultaneously (e.g. C3 & D1). I am doing this because i am highly ambitious about maths, looking for more knowledge so i could have a may comprehensive understanding of the subject, and to boost my chances of getting into a extremely qualified university for either Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence or/and Software engineering.

How i see it is that i could either complete the modules over the summer (Average of 7weeks, 2hours - 3hours a day with a tutor and the rest private study), and take the examination during January of 2017, or i could take a gap year complete these modules (Except for C3 & C4) and also do computer science, and have an A level qualification in it & use the summer to get an early start on A2 Physics and Chemistry.

Looking for advice on this, what would be the most concise way to go about it? How many modules do i have to take if i want a qualification in Further Maths (Edexcel)? How long might it take me considering that i have only 7 weeks to get it done, and some of that time might be needed to create a computer program to enhance my personal statement. All suggestions are appreciated. :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
why don't you go to a sixth form?
Reply 2
Original post by Paranoid_Glitch
take the examination during January of 2017,

If you are in England then there are no January exams, they only happen in the Summer.
Original post by Paranoid_Glitch
How many modules do i have to take if i want a qualification in Further Maths (Edexcel)?

For Maths you heve to take C1-4 plus 2 applied modules, either both 1s (e.g. S1 and D1) or a matched pair of 1 and 2 (e.g. D1 and D2)
For Further Maths you have to take FP1, at least 1 from FP2 and FP3 and then any other units to make up 6 in total.
The exam board automatically arranges the applied units to maximise your grades.
Original post by Rabadon
why don't you go to a sixth form?
I do, i did not meet the minimum grade to take further maths.
Original post by Compost
If you are in England then there are no January exams, they only happen in the Summer.

For Maths you heve to take C1-4 plus 2 applied modules, either both 1s (e.g. S1 and D1) or a matched pair of 1 and 2 (e.g. D1 and D2)
For Further Maths you have to take FP1, at least 1 from FP2 and FP3 and then any other units to make up 6 in total.
The exam board automatically arranges the applied units to maximise your grades.

I am an international student.

Quick Reply

Latest