The Student Room Group

Dundee Medicine 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

I haven't heard anything :frown:

I got AAAA and 2730 in my UKCAT and interview went okay...

Anyone received offers with similar scores? My GCSEs aren't great however
Original post by tinababy
Are you EU citizens settled in the Scotland/UK or are you from abroad? Which exams did you sit?

I'm asking because I'm an EU national but I've lived in scotland the majority of my life so I'm not sure whether I'll hear back with the home students or the EU group.

I am from Lithuania and I have lived here all my life :smile: I did the UKCAT and my matura exams are in June. I have also passed the IELTS exam.
Reply 522
Original post by Inspired1178
YAYSSSS I got an offer!!! (Lol it took me ages trying to remember my username for evision)

Well done!!! :smile: It is taking me ages to remember as well haha. Is the username just the email we were given?
Got track update through at 18:51! Actually can't believe I have all 4 offers back!Screen Shot 2016-03-10 at 19.12.59.png
Original post by JS98
Well done!!! :smile: It is taking me ages to remember as well haha. Is the username just the email we were given?

Username for dundee is first initial of your first name and all of your last name in block capitals. So like JBLOGGS
Original post by danielj2705
Got track update through at 18:51! Actually can't believe I have all 4 offers back!Screen Shot 2016-03-10 at 19.12.59.png

absolute mad tings blud well done! Where you thinking of going?
Reply 526

Damn Daniel :smile: well done!!!!
Original post by JS98

Yeah :smile:
Original post by Nicola97
I'm an EU national who has lived in England for the past 7 years :smile: I sat my GCSEs and I'm currently studying the IB.

I'm similar...i was born in poland but i've had all my education here and all exams

Original post by Kylare
The Czech Republic. :smile: Did the UKCAT in Prague and I am going to do Maturita (our equivalent of A levels) in May. :smile:

Right ok :smile: so you're pure EU. Thanks. I don't know where I fit in.

Original post by Merv97
i need to pay eu fees does that make me a eu applicant despite the fact i live in scotland? im confused

If you're from the EU and you're an EU national then SAAS still pays your fees. Are you a resident though? Cos you would think since we've lived here for so long we would be considered as home students but idk anymore. It freaks me out though cos if we're technically EU that means were against people from 27 other countries rather than just scotland...or is everyone considered equally for the same amount of spaces? Should we expect replies at the same time as scottish nationals as well? because I went into school to find out that three people with worse stats got into medicine but they're all scots and I'm not.

Unreal! Well done! Are you a scottish applicant or RUK? Surname first letter? Stats?

Wow Congratulations! You must be on such a high rn!
What ukcat did you have and work ex if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 531
I'm similar...i was born in poland but i've had all my education here and all exams

Right ok :smile: so you're pure EU. Thanks. I don't know where I fit in.

If you're from the EU and you're an EU national then SAAS still pays your fees. Are you a resident though? Cos you would think since we've lived here for so long we would be considered as home students but idk anymore. It freaks me out though cos if we're technically EU that means were against people from 27 other countries rather than just scotland...or is everyone considered equally for the same amount of spaces? Should we expect replies at the same time as scottish nationals as well? because I went into school to find out that three people with worse stats got into medicine but they're all scots and I'm not.

Thats exactly what im worried about. I moved here from germany 9 years ago and basically studied here the rest of my life but does it then mean that the uni see as an eu student which will make it much harder for me to get in because there's less spaces for eu applicants compared to home students. rghhhh
Original post by Merv97
Thats exactly what im worried about. I moved here from germany 9 years ago and basically studied here the rest of my life but does it then mean that the uni see as an eu student which will make it much harder for me to get in because there's less spaces for eu applicants compared to home students. rghhhh

Yeah that's excatly what I keep thinking about. I'm cursing myself for not doing my citizenship earlier now!!! I hope I don't get rejected because of this...surely not if worse people have offers now...?
Reply 533
Yeah that's excatly what I keep thinking about. I'm cursing myself for not doing my citizenship earlier now!!! I hope I don't get rejected because of this...surely not if worse people have offers now...?

SAME!!!! HAHAAHa wow i just went and spoke to my mum there
Original post by Merv97
SAME!!!! HAHAAHa wow i just went and spoke to my mum there

hahaha yeah imagine how much easier this could have been if we did do it...just costs so much i suppose.
I'll call them tomorrow about it.
Original post by bigs1998
absolute mad tings blud well done! Where you thinking of going?

Thank you! I honestly have no idea! I'm in love with them all - I never thought I would actually have to pick between them!

Original post by RUKMed16
Unreal! Well done! Are you a scottish applicant or RUK? Surname first letter? Stats?

I'm from Scotland, and my surname is Johnstone, School Leaver. 2980 UKCAT Band 1. 9 As at Nat 5, 6 A band 1s at Higher, 4 predicted As AH with Science Bacc and another equiv of AH. Lots of voluntary and work experience too!

Wow Congratulations! You must be on such a high rn!
What ukcat did you have and work ex if you don't mind me asking?

Thank you! I definitely am, and I think I will be for quite a while! I got 2980 Band 1 on my UKCAT, 5 weeks of Hospital Work Experience, weekly work experience in a GP for 6 months, and volunteering in a care home. It was all definitely worth it for the experience but I hardly got asked about it in the interview! If you have any more questions just let me know!
Reply 536
hahaha yeah imagine how much easier this could have been if we did do it...just costs so much i suppose.
I'll call them tomorrow about it.

can you tell me what they tell you tomorrow please
Original post by Merv97
can you tell me what they tell you tomorrow please

will do..gonna call dundee and glasgow :smile:
Reply 538
have any eu applicants got an offer for dundee?

I'm from Scotland, and my surname is Johnstone, School Leaver. 2980 UKCAT Band 1. 9 As at Nat 5, 6 A band 1s at Higher, 4 predicted As AH with Science Bacc and another equiv of AH. Lots of voluntary and work experience too!

So does that mean you're doing like six AH subjects...?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending