The Student Room Group

do you have an unpopular opinion?

I think medicine should be banned, since it's more trouble than it's worth. and things like psychiatry, since they all "hate" me and want to secretly section me since I like to have sex and this offends them.....lolol...they're grown adults and don't get human behaviour...but that's cool. they're free to section me whilst I'm hitting it....I just dismiss them as bad people, and move on.

Scroll to see replies

i think 2 seater convertibles are selfish and a waste of money
Reply 2
Too many people coming to this country.

I think Theresa May would be a great PM (bit disappointed she isn't on the 'Out' side of the EU referendum).
(edited 8 years ago)
People playing music on the bus without headphones.
I support fox hunting and badger culling.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I tried to explain to people on an online game once that nearly all boobs are good boobs and for some reason that was a very divisive opinion.
peanut butter is gross
coffee should be banned
you shouldnt be able to drive until like, at least 21
I'm definitely right wing where the whole refugee-crisis is concerned.
Immigrant-workers? Sure! No problem!
Refugess up until this whole crisis? Sure! No problem!
This major refugee-crisis? Eeh, no thanks.

That is, however, the only thing that colours my political views dark blue.
Reply 8
Politics should focus on domestic issues like health and education rather than immigration and wars.
Reply 9
I don't believe in *equality* per se.

And I don't think this obsession in medicinal advancement with keeping people alive at all costs for extended lifespans is beneficial to humanity; and will become very destructive in the future.

Feel free to harass me on either point.
Original post by Inazuma

And I don't think this obsession in medicinal advancement with keeping people alive at all costs for extended lifespans is beneficial to humanity; and will become very destructive in the future.

Humans have a finite lifespan, I'm not sure why people cannot accept that. I'd love to live forever, but only if I could be completely healthy throughout. Basic immortality ftw. Achieving that sense of immortality is, however, unrealistic.

Thanks to the advancement of medicine, you can look forward to an extended lifespan at the potential cost of totally losing both your mental and your physical faculties. But if you can't enjoy life, what's the point of living it?

I'd wager that the millions of people in nursing homes who eat the same food day in day out, are reliant on other people to wash them and wipe their arses, and are completely unaware of who anyone is due to their ailing mental status, would welcome the ending of their existence. I know I would.

A quick death is better than a slow decline. It's why I plan on going out Roman Bath style as soon as I'm too old to look after myself.
Original post by Drunk Punx
Humans have a finite lifespan, I'm not sure why people cannot accept that. I'd love to live forever, but only if I could be completely healthy throughout. Basic immortality ftw. Achieving that sense of immortality is, however, unrealistic.

Thanks to the advancement of medicine, you can look forward to an extended lifespan at the potential cost of totally losing both your mental and your physical faculties. But if you can't enjoy life, what's the point of living it?

I'd wager that the millions of people in nursing homes who eat the same food day in day out, are reliant on other people to wash them and wipe their arses, and are completely unaware of who anyone is due to their ailing mental status, would welcome the ending of their existence. I know I would.

A quick death is better than a slow decline. It's why I plan on going out Roman Bath style as soon as I'm too old to look after myself.

That's a most excellent expansion on my point!

I'm still rather sad Assisted dying / euthanasia was blocked for reform for much the same reasons personally.
Whilst being 100 and being able to see a few more years of what could be monumental scientific advancement that I'd otherwise miss, as you say, not unless I was essentially immortal and could enjoy it; being crippled and non-functioning as the case is likely to be brings me no joy.

And to add a caveat to my point, it's the social sustainability side that worries me too. We're getting vastly older by the generation, but our productivity above a certain age is not rising. If generation X and Y live till over 100; then from the usual retirement age that can be 40y and rising - that's essentially another adult lifetime, but with likely no means of supporting it. It's unlikely that most are capable of saving enough to be cared for extensively at those ages, and to push that burden onto younger generations will only be much worse.

It's all a very difficult thing to resolve however.
Original post by Sesshomaru24U
People playing music on the bus without headphones.

I don't see how that's an unpopular opinion :lol:
Original post by TheOtherSide.
I don't see how that's an unpopular opinion :lol:

I just find it so annoying. I get if no one's on the bus, but when it's packed and you want to be that guy who plays a song and don't even consider if it will bother everyone else.
Original post by Justmoll28
you shouldnt be able to drive until like, at least 21

So you want to make it much harder for people like me to move away from home, live independently, go to university and/or start working? Terrible idea.
Original post by Sesshomaru24U
I just find it so annoying. I get if no one's on the bus, but when it's packed and you want to be that guy who plays a song and don't even consider if it will bother everyone else.

Especially when their taste in music is horrible...
Original post by unamujercaliente
I think medicine should be banned, since it's more trouble than it's worth. and things like psychiatry, since they all "hate" me and want to secretly section me since I like to have sex and this offends them.....lolol...they're grown adults and don't get human behaviour...but that's cool. they're free to section me whilst I'm hitting it....I just dismiss them as bad people, and move on.

i'd like to stab a few people and hide them in my basement and quietly eat KFC
Reply 17
Prostitution should be legal.
Smoking in public should be legal.
Hunting should be legal.
Original post by unamujercaliente

I think that the railway system should be nationalised
additionally:
.I support Trump because of his mandate
.I think that maternity leave should only apply after 2/3 years of work, and small business shouldn't have to pay it.
.I think that women should get the same punishment for the same crime (so times their sentence by 2-5 times longer)
.I think that men should get the rights that women and men don't, thus I would ban male circumcision (however this isn't unpopular, I passed it as Bill here I guess)
Original post by TheOtherSide.
Especially when their taste in music is horrible...

It's always some stupid rap song in my case. You?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending