The Student Room Group

Could you live off £14 a week?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AccountingBabe
I'm not on benefits... Neither is my family.

In fact I've had a full time job for the last 10 years paying a taxes and all.

His family hasn't put in anywhere near as much as other British families have through generations.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Studying abroad is pretty brave and involves sacrifice. No?
Original post by somesomebody
No one says he can only afford pot noodles. That actually might be more expensive than just getting a big ass bag of rice and some chicken tits. And less tasty.

lol at chicken tits
I'm not on benefits... Neither is my family.

In fact I've had a full time job for the last 10 years paying a taxes and all.

His family hasn't put in anywhere near as much as other British families have through generations.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How haven't they? My country was part of the U.K. until the 70s so the UK got tax money until then.

And like I said, I am also part British ethnically so through the generations they've been putting money in.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Studying abroad is pretty brave and involves sacrifice. No?

What does that have to do with anything... Honestly, keep up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dinasaurus
How haven't they? My country was part of the U.K. until the 70s so the UK got tax money until then.

And like I said, I am also part British ethnically so through the generations they've been putting money in.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How can you be part British...ethnically?

British isn't an ethnicity.

Oh dear.
What does that have to do with anything... Honestly, keep up.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am keeping up; you sound hateful and judgmental is all. How about you keep up and stop telling people what they do and don't deserve just because they're foreign.
Original post by s0mebodymaybe
What about the British families who have been on benefits for years? How can you sit and say he doesnt deserve a loan because he isnt from the UK. You have had a job for 10 years and these are you views? Im guessing you are in your mid-twenties and you cant even logically make a point without involving race.

lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

People born and raised in the uk with generations of British blood living and working in the uk leave for 3 years and are not entitled to SF when they come home and you are whining over £2k.

Get a job you lazy ass...

Absolute victim wannabe.

Posted from TSR Mobile
How can you be part British...ethnically?

British isn't an ethnicity.

Oh dear.

Well they hail from Scotland, I didn't want to specify as I didn't want to go too deep in my family history or I didn't want them to say some **** about how Scotts put less in or something.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by s0mebodymaybe
What about the British families who have been on benefits for years? How can you sit and say he doesnt deserve a loan because he isnt from the UK. You have had a job for 10 years and these are you views? Im guessing you are in your mid-twenties and you cant even logically make a point without involving race.

It's not about race... Technically I'm Irish albeit from Northern Ireland. It's about this entitlement that he feels some connection to that simply doesn't exist.

I'm sorry if you feel I'm being racist, I'm not, but logically in my mind anyone who complains and isn't even from the UK has very little to complain about especially when they are receiving some handouts from the government.

Posted from TSR Mobile
People born and raised in the uk with generations of British blood living and working in the uk leave for 3 years and are not entitled to SF when they come home and you are whining over £2k.

Absolute victim wannabe.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have generations of British blood and I've had a job and I was planning on getting one anyway.

I wish I could bring myself down to your level but I don't want to be rude.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have generations of British blood and I've had a job and I was planning on getting one anyway.

I wish I could bring myself down to your level but I don't want to be rude.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lolz k.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's not about race... Technically I'm Irish albeit from Northern Ireland. It's about this entitlement that he feels some connection to that simply doesn't exist.

I'm sorry if you feel I'm being racist, I'm not, but logically in my mind anyone who complains and isn't even from the UK has very little to complain about especially when they are receiving some handouts from the government.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So my family have put in more through taxes over the generations than yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile
So my family have put in more through taxes over the generations than yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No... I'm from NORTHERN IRELAND that little part up north from Ireland that has been apart of the U.K. For centuries .

For all your "British blood" you sure as hell don't know the history of it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Absolute victim wannabe.

Posted from TSR Mobile

@Dinasaurus report her for this as I will with you

and secondly Miss Accounting Babe:

"get a job."

Right. Let's just ignore that he is a fulltime student, and not from UK, and black (look at his profile). It's soooo easy to "get" a job that will actually even help him financially, instead of just draining him physically. Jobs are given. You don't know who this person is, calm yourself down. And you being Irish says a lot considering how you people were/are treated for being what was it? Not English :colonhash:
No... I'm from NORTHERN IRELAND that little part up north from Ireland that has been apart of the U.K. For centuries .

For all your "British blood" you sure as hell don't know the history of it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am aware of Northern Ireland, why do you put inverted commas around it as if I am making it up?

So first you say my family contributed nothing through taxes over the generations then when I claim they did, you act as if it doesn't count?

Even if you don't include the fact that before the late 70s all my family were classed as British. I also have family who are from Britain, so your point about historic taxes makes no sense either way.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

lmfao says the Irish chick who just said she has student loans and is from a low income family. :congrats:
chip on the shoulder and calling the kettle black. :ahee:
I am aware of Northern Ireland, why do you put inverted commas around it as if I am making it up?

So first you say my family contributed nothing through taxes over the generations then when I claim they did, you act as if it doesn't count?

Even if you don't include the fact that before the late 70s all my family were classed as British. I also have family who are from Britain, so your point about historic taxes makes no sense either way.

Posted from TSR Mobile

She doesn't make sense, leave this angry child to herself.

Back to your thread:

just save up and buy some rice and chicken fam :yy:
your mates will regret spending money meant for something else on crap.
@Dinasaurus report her for this as I will with you

and secondly Miss Accounting Babe:

"get a job."

Right. Let's just ignore that he is a fulltime student, and not from UK, and black (look at his profile). It's soooo easy to "get" a job that will actually even help him financially, instead of just draining him physically. Jobs are given. You don't know who this person is, calm yourself down. And you being Irish says a lot considering how you people were/are treated for being what was it? Not English :colonhash:

It's not about race it's this whole entitlement issue I have a problem with and if he is going to start claiming he is more entitled then I'm going to state who I feel is more entitled to the money.

I have no qualms with the English, I'm actually proud to be part of the U.K.

It's a generous state but people like this are just draining and trying to rob the system of everything they can get their hands on just like benefit scroungers.

Also I've got plenty of jobs, many I'm sure he would never do because he's too entitled.

Posted from TSR Mobile
lmfao says the Irish chick who just said she has student loans and is from a low income family. :congrats:
chip on the shoulder and calling the kettle black. :ahee:

Yes I am because I want to become a greater asset to society and give back.

My family are low income but they don't receive any benefits far too proud for that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest