The Student Room Group

Dundee Medicine 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 540
Guys? I thought the categories were Scotland + EU, RUK, internationals?
Anyone know anything about the pre medicine course? Anyone been offered places on that yet?
Looks to me like all those who received offers are school leavers/graduates or am I wrong?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tinababy
So does that mean you're doing like six AH subjects...?

Yeah basically! The 6th one is unlevelled though - so pass or fail, and i had only wrote about it in my personal statement, I hadn't put it on my UCAS.
Original post by medapplicant24
Looks to me like all those who received offers are school leavers/graduates or am I wrong?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hope so... Gives me more hope
Original post by medapplicant24

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think its sixth year pupils as well since people have been getting conditions of BBB

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by danielj2705
Yeah basically! The 6th one is unlevelled though - so pass or fail, and i had only wrote about it in my personal statement, I hadn't put it on my UCAS.

wow what is it? Im doing three AH plus the science bacc.. that's as much as my school lets us though haha :tongue:
Original post by Merv97
Thats exactly what im worried about. I moved here from germany 9 years ago and basically studied here the rest of my life but does it then mean that the uni see as an eu student which will make it much harder for me to get in because there's less spaces for eu applicants compared to home students. rghhhh

My understanding is that there is a quota for international students, and for the number of places overall, but otherwise EU students are treated the same as home students.

Irish student (graduate) with an offer.
Reply 548
Got an offer! Scottish leaver with a condition of 3B's :smile:
Original post by Kylare
The Czech Republic. :smile: Did the UKCAT in Prague and I am going to do Maturita (our equivalent of A levels) in May. :smile:

Hello, I am a school leaver from Slovakia :smile: Where else did you apply if you dont mind me asking? Good luck with your application.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 550
Still waiting, really want an offer here
Reply 551
Original post by Merv97
Still waiting, really want an offer here

I'm still waiting on this as well. This is my only chance at getting in now because I've been rejected from the rest. Have you any offers?
Original post by RNH04
Got an offer! Scottish leaver with a condition of 3B's :smile:

HIgher or advanced higher?
Reply 553
Original post by JDarlo91
HIgher or advanced higher?

2 B's in AH (biology and chemistry) and a B in one of my highers
Reply 554
Original post by JS98
I'm still waiting on this as well. This is my only chance at getting in now because I've been rejected from the rest. Have you any offers?

Yeah Glasgow but I want Dundee - it's my first choice.
Reply 555
Hi sorry I don't mean to be a bother but does anyone know whether Dundee is handing out offers to international students (Not UK/EU) yet?
Original post by Merv97
Thats exactly what im worried about. I moved here from germany 9 years ago and basically studied here the rest of my life but does it then mean that the uni see as an eu student which will make it much harder for me to get in because there's less spaces for eu applicants compared to home students. rghhhh

Original post by tinababy
I'm similar...i was born in poland but i've had all my education here and all exams

Right ok :smile: so you're pure EU. Thanks. I don't know where I fit in.

If you're from the EU and you're an EU national then SAAS still pays your fees. Are you a resident though? Cos you would think since we've lived here for so long we would be considered as home students but idk anymore. It freaks me out though cos if we're technically EU that means were against people from 27 other countries rather than just scotland...or is everyone considered equally for the same amount of spaces? Should we expect replies at the same time as scottish nationals as well? because I went into school to find out that three people with worse stats got into medicine but they're all scots and I'm not.

Well in case no one's answered your concerns yet:

Firstly it shouldn't really matter whether you're EU status or Scottish since both will have their fees paid for by SAAS, and you compete in the same category (EU/Home, RUK, International).

Secondly, you need to have lived in the UK for at least 3 years and currently be living in Scotland to qualify as Scottish status, so both of you should be fine.
Reply 557
Original post by PazKan
Hi sorry I don't mean to be a bother but does anyone know whether Dundee is handing out offers to international students (Not UK/EU) yet?

They sai March 11- Friday.
Reply 558
not yet
Reply 559
Original post by IceBoy
They sai March 11- Friday.

Wouldn't it be very early in Saturday though due to the time difference?

Quick Reply

Latest