The Student Room Group

How can I get her to get an abortion?

I'm 17. And I'm in a lot of trouble. I'm not ready to have kids yet. And I don't know how possibly either of us could take care of a kid currently. I wasn't dating her and we weren't in a relationship. I have gf currently. That's I'm on with again. And we both have troubled family lives. My mom I haven't seen her in two years and is on drugs. And my dad was in a correction facility last I heard. And I live with family. And none of it is stable. And I just got into another separate problem. And she is worst off. I didn't know at the time but I heard tha her parents are druggies that live in a motel across town. And neither of us have money for an abortion really... I mean I can get money but that's in part why I'm in trouble which is why I don't want to do it. And she won't tell her family. Or anyone and is basically keeping it a secret. How can I get her to get one? How can we resolve this situation?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jamaal17
I'm 17. And I'm in a lot of trouble. I'm not ready to have kids yet. And I don't know how possibly either of us could take care of a kid currently. I wasn't dating her and we weren't in a relationship. I have gf currently. That's I'm on with again. And we both have troubled family lives. My mom I haven't seen her in two years and is on drugs. And my dad was in a correction facility last I heard. And I live with family. And none of it is stable. And I just got into another separate problem. And she is worst off. I didn't know at the time but I heard tha her parents are druggies that live in a motel across town. And neither of us have money for an abortion really... I mean I can get money but that's in part why I'm in trouble which is why I don't want to do it. And she won't tell her family. Or anyone and is basically keeping it a secret. How can I get her to get one? How can we resolve this situation?

You can't. And trying to do so is unfair, selfish and completely wrong. You can tell her how you feel and ask her to consider it but at the end of the day, if she wants to have the baby, it's entirely up to her and you need to be there for her. Speak to a professional about your options and maybe consider adoption of you don't feel ready to raise a child.
Reply 2
So, what's your excuse for not using contraception?

It'll be up to her to decide. You can try to convince her, but you certainly can't make her.
Reply 3

Are you being stupid on purpose? Dude, you are both stupid, why didn't you use protection!

What does she think?
Reply 4
Should have been more careful, then.

You're a total **** if you think you have a right to persuade her to kill it.

there's a good reason why condoms were invented.... they're not just decorations on your little table thingy beside your bed
Reply 7
Original post by Kiytt
So, what's your excuse for not using contraception?

It'll be up to her to decide. You can try to convince her, but you certainly can't make her.

We both used protection she was on birth control pills and I used a condom some of the time.
Reply 8

A difficult situation but not an impossible one. You have had a difficult start in life and by the sounds of it so has she. You could always try and get support for her from social service and the baby could be adopted from birth. I know its not ideal but neither is abortion.
Reply 9
Original post by thefatone
there's a good reason why condoms were invented.... they're not just decorations on your little table thingy beside your bed

I used them. So what's your point? Stop trying to argue. If you don't have any advice just say so.
Reply 10
Original post by fatima1998
you are just..... you should feel ashamed :angry:

Not helpful. Be kind, it costs nothing.
We both used protection she was on birth control pills and I used a condom some of the time.

^^ that might be why
I used them. So what's your point? Stop trying to argue. If you don't have any advice just say so.
Reply 12

Accidents happen, neither are 100%.
Reply 13
Original post by whorace
He is suffering from a common condition called idiocy.

I hear it's contagious.
Original post by Racoon
Not helpful. Be kind, it costs nothing.

i just naturally don't like those people who does silly things!!!
Reply 15

Why so judgemental? I hope you never make any mistakes.
Reply 16
^^ that might be why

Some of e time we had sex. Serusly you're just trolling my thread at this point.
Reply 17
Original post by fatima1998
i just naturally don't like those people who does silly things!!!

Well none of us are perfect and we all make mistakes.
Original post by Racoon
Why so judgemental? I hope you never make any mistakes.

i already have in my life time but i don't want a girlfriend, but i'm not gay either.
Reply 19

...Some? You know you don't need to use a condom for oral, right?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending