The Student Room Group

Edexcel FP3 - 27th June, 2016

Scroll to see replies

How do you guys remember all these vector formulas, stuff like distance between skew lines ect. I always manage to forget them and I don't know if I will have enough time to derive them in the exam.
Subbing
Reply 142
Original post by Louisb19
How do you guys remember all these vector formulas, stuff like distance between skew lines ect. I always manage to forget them and I don't know if I will have enough time to derive them in the exam.

There's a lot given in the formula booklet, but otherwise, I made a small list of all the different formulae and I look them over when I need to.
Subbing
Original post by BBeyond
Subbing

Just by the way - you know you can sub to a thread by clicking the "watch" button at the top, you don't need to post in it. :tongue:
Original post by Zacken
Just by the way - you know you can sub to a thread by clicking the "watch" button at the top, you don't need to post in it. :tongue:

Jeeeeeez how did I not know this after so long ahahah cheers man :colondollar:
Original post by Zacken

Btw do you know if there is a thread for m2/3, fp2 or d2? Can't see to find them and my searching skills are poor at best :tongue:
Original post by BBeyond
Btw do you know if there is a thread for m2/3, fp2 or d2? Can't see to find them and my searching skills are poor at best :tongue:

I'll look for them and tag you in it later, bit busy right now. :yep:
Original post by Zacken
I'll look for them and tag you in it later, bit busy right now. :yep:

Cheers boss :cool:
Can someone who has managed to overcome Chapter 2's last mixed exercise tell me how they overcame that? I tried doing the first 5 questions and I had no idea what I am doing at all and had to use solutionbank for all of them... The difficulty increase from Mixed Exercise 2G compared to the previous exercises in chapter 2 is completely ridiculous.

All the other chapters I found alright and at least understandable and doable. But exercise 2G is just a completely different thing and a nightmare for me.

I havn't seen any FP3 past papers yet but are the questions about stuff in exercise 2G actually that hard on the real papers?

That exercise alone is making me panic and is making me lose my confidence on FP3 :frown:
Original post by kelvin1338

All the other chapters I found alright and at least understandable and doable. But exercise 2G is just a completely different thing and a nightmare for me.

I havn't seen any FP3 past papers yet but are the questions about stuff in exercise 2G actually that hard on the real papers?

That exercise alone is making me panic and is making me lose my confidence on FP3 :frown:

1. Exam paper questions are leagues easier than mixed questions for chapter 2.

2. I found the first three mixed q's quite hard before getting the gist of them and the rest was a breeze. Basically, work at it and make sure you understand the techniques and why you apply them, it'll click eventuallly.
Can someone who has managed to overcome Chapter 2's last mixed exercise tell me how they overcame that? I tried doing the first 5 questions and I had no idea what I am doing at all and had to use solutionbank for all of them... The difficulty increase from Mixed Exercise 2G compared to the previous exercises in chapter 2 is completely ridiculous.

It's simple mate just remember dy/dx.
Original post by Zacken
1. Exam paper questions are leagues easier than mixed questions for chapter 2.

2015 FP3 begs to differ...

There have been a couple of questions like that, but grade boundaries have been extremely forgiving when this happens. It is more likely than not that the coordinate system questions will be easier than those, but my point is it's no disaster if they aren't.
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
2015 FP3 begs to differ...

I take it this was a very difficult paper? Let me guess conics and reduction formulae were the worst questions...
Reply 154
Original post by A Slice of Pi
I take it this was a very difficult paper? Let me guess conics and reduction formulae were the worst questions...

From what I hear, there were two nightmare conics questions. I really want to see what it was like... Boundaries were rock bottom.
Reply 155
I will upload @TeeEm's solution to FP3 June 2015 in the OP if he consents.
Original post by aymanzayedmannan
From what I hear, there were two nightmare conics questions. I really want to see what it was like... Boundaries were rock bottom.

I can imagine. Conics questions can be very tough under time pressure
Reply 157
I will upload @TeeEm's solution to FP3 June 2015 in the OP if he consents.

no problem

Having just looked at the last question on conics, it wasn't too bad. I have yet to look at the others though
Original post by A Slice of Pi
Having just looked at the last question on conics, it wasn't too bad. I have yet to look at the others though

where did you get the 2015 paper? its not available on edexcels website yet and a google search brought up nothing

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending