The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Applied for History at UCL

I applied back in October for History at UCL. Submitted an essay to them in November, has anyone else done this and heard anything yet?
Original post by dobrinalass
I applied back in October for History at UCL. Submitted an essay to them in November, has anyone else done this and heard anything yet?

hey I'm in the exact same position as you , i applied on october 14th and then did the questionnaire on 24th November. i emailed them the other day saying this;

Dear Christopher AllenMy name is
and I am applying to study BA History at UCL. I sent my application on the 14th October and completed the questionnaire on the 24th November. I completely understand the course is oversubscribed and therefore the admission process is lengthy to allow for each applicant to have a fair assessment. However I was just wondering if you would be in a position to say whether or not I could hope to hear before your last history post offer day on the 23rd of March rather than the more typical deadline of the 31st March, as if I were to get an offer I would love to attend one.
Kind regards (and then i just out my name and attached my ucas number)

and then like 2 days later they replied saying this

Thank you for your email. Unfortunately there is no way of telling how soon the central admissions department will finish processing your application. As you may understand, they are extremely bust at this time of year. The deadline to inform all applicants of a decision on their applications is the 31st March. However, they will endeavour to let you know as soon as possible. If you do receive an offer after the 23rd March the last open day I’d be happy to meet with you if you wished to visit the department again. All the best, Chris

so if that helps at all or is just nice to know your not the only one or something. where else have you applied and is UcL your top choice
:smile:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
In the same situation as well. Applied on 10th October, did admissions essay, got an acknowledged that they's recieved it and heard nothing since.
I'm in the same situation as well. Applied on 10th October, did the admissions essay, got an acknowledgement and have heard nothing since.
Original post by indigosebastian
I'm in the same situation as well. Applied on 10th October, did the admissions essay, got an acknowledgement and have heard nothing since.

hey :wavey: another member, got a little history group going, hopefully we'll all hear soon. where else have you applied
Original post by annonymous1760
hey :wavey: another member, got a little history group going, hopefully we'll all hear soon. where else have you applied

Leeds, Bristol lYork and Sheffield. Have offers from all but will take Leeds if don't get UCL - wbu?
Original post by indigosebastian
Leeds, Bristol lYork and Sheffield. Have offers from all but will take Leeds if don't get UCL - wbu?

ahh nice those are all really nice unis, my twin really likes leeds too. I've only got 2 offers from LSE and queen mary , got rejected from durham and cambridge, but my hearts always been set on UcL. have you thought about what halls you want to go from icl
Original post by annonymous1760
ahh nice those are all really nice unis, my twin really likes leeds too. I've only got 2 offers from LSE and queen mary , got rejected from durham and cambridge, but my hearts always been set on UcL. have you thought about what halls you want to go from icl

Probably the ones in Camden - they're cheapest without being really far out. I love Kings X as an area but way too expensive!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending