The Student Room Group

Would you marry someone that doesn't share your religious beliefs?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Ummm, no :hand:

Errm..excuse me..BACK OFF.:colonhash:

Who are you to say this to me!? :angry:

He's all mine and he knows. He loves me. Go find someone else, he's taken by me.

Don't piss me off.:colonhash:
Original post by BrokenLife
Errm..excuse me..BACK OFF.:colonhash:

Who are you to say this to me!? :angry:

He's all mine and he knows. He loves me. Go find someone else, he's taken by me.

Don't piss me off.:colonhash:

^^ I doubt it :toofunny:

I found him before you btw :hand:
Original post by Anonymous
^^ I doubt it :toofunny:

I found him before you btw :hand:

Keep doubting, keep dreaming. Tis all you can do now that he's all mine. :u:

Don't get me started about since when I've liked him.:angry:
Keep doubting, keep dreaming. Tis all you can do now that he's all mine. :u:

Don't get me started about since when I've liked him.:angry:

BL i think this anon is trolling
Dont get worked over this person:smile:
Cause if they were legit they would be brave enough to not go on as anon
TNTT out :lol:
Yea, why not? I'm not very religious. :h:
What about you, just want oreos?
Original post by toonervoustotalk
BL i think this anon is trolling
Dont get worked over this person:smile:
Cause if they were legit they would be brave enough to not go on as anon
TNTT out :lol:

Hey TNTT!!:biggrin:

How are you?

And yes I agreed, so I shall save my time haha :tongue:
Hey TNTT!!:biggrin:

How are you?

And yes I agreed, so I shall save my time haha :tongue:

I am fine just tired AF :frown:
Going to sleep now :smile:

Good :smile: :yep:
Time wasters gonna time waste :rofl:
Original post by toonervoustotalk
I am fine just tired AF :frown:
Going to sleep now :smile:

Good :smile: :yep:
Time wasters gonna time waste :rofl:

Aww bless! :smile:

Good night :smile:

Hahaha ikr! I agree!:tongue:
Yes so long as they weren't an atheist who tried to shove their beliefs down my throat or insulted my religion.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Katty3
Yes so long as they weren't an atheist who tried to shove their beliefs down my throat or insulted my religion.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Atheists don't have a belief...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes.
Original post by Andy98
Atheists don't have a belief...

Posted from TSR Mobile

They don't believe in God. A significant number insult, belittle and are generally nasty to people who do.

I also wouldn't marry someone who refused to have a Christian wedding. No, a religious blessing afterwards is not an acceptable compromise.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Katty3
They don't believe in God. A significant number insult, belittle and are generally nasty to people who do.

I also wouldn't marry someone who refused to have a Christian wedding. No, a religious blessing afterwards is not an acceptable compromise.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I find the proportions are all the same whatever religion you look at - they've all got the same percentage of *******s.

Personally I don't get the point in a wedding

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
I find the proportions are all the same whatever religion you look at - they've all got the same percentage of *******s.

Personally I don't get the point in a wedding

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know quite a few Muslims, Hindus, different denominations of Christians and atheists. The Muslims, Hindus and Christians tend to ask questions about the different belief systems and how other people worship. It comes from a place of curiosity and wanting to learn about other people's beliefs. That's fine and a good thing.

A lot of the atheists tend to ask questions in either a rude and offensive manner or to try and belittle other people. It is not possible to attack, criticise or belittle my faith without personally attacking, criticising or belittling me.

The point of a wedding is to celebrate the legal union of two souls in the eyes of God.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Katty3
I know quite a few Muslims, Hindus, different denominations of Christians and atheists. The Muslims, Hindus and Christians tend to ask questions about the different belief systems and how other people worship. It comes from a place of curiosity and wanting to learn about other people's beliefs. That's fine and a good thing.

A lot of the atheists tend to ask questions in either a rude and offensive manner or to try and belittle other people. It is not possible to attack, criticise or belittle my faith without personally attacking, criticising or belittling me.

The point of a wedding is to celebrate the legal union of two souls in the eyes of God.

Posted from TSR Mobile

In my experience you get *******s and non-*******s. I'll admit most *******s aren't religious but there's still a fair number that are. I mean I'm an atheist but I still ask questions about religions and stuff so I can try to figure it out myself
Religion usually decides values so how can you marry someone who doesn't share your values?
No.

I'm an atheist (with no religious beliefs) so someone with a religion would be likely to have different values, expectations and goals in life. There's a chance they would want a religious wedding and/or upbringing for any potential children; I would not be ok with that. Also, as an aspiring physics, I would not be ok with a partner whose core beliefs defy logic and science.
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Unlikely but based on past experiences, would never say never. I could stretch as far as high-church Anglican, realistically. Not very far beyond that (am Roman Catholic) :jebus:

treachery :spank:

jks

:rofl:
Original post by the bear
treachery :spank:

jks

:rofl:

:eek: :hide: :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending