The Student Room Group

15 and 17 year old?

I just found out my 15 year old sister has been talking dirty with a 17 year old boy, they havent met and no pictures were involved. is that illegal?

Scroll to see replies

Not sure its illegal but its 90% likely to turn illegal. Please stop it cos anything could happen to her.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Sounds positively pedophilic
please stop that, let an adult know from her school and the police asap and they can track the IP address, it could be a big pedo, they need to know this!!
Reply 4
well i wudnt say illegal but it doesnt sound right to me.....if i was u i wud try and stop anything from happening later on
I may be wrong, but I believe it's not illegal unless sexual pictures are exchanged or they meet up for sex (the meeting itself would be illegal even if the act did not occur).
15 and 17 isn't really much to worry about. If he was like 18-20+ I'd be worried. It is only illegal if they have sex.
That said... A lot of 15 year olds have sex...
Reply 8
Gosh you're all a bunch of fogeys.
Original post by Justmoll28
please stop that, let an adult know from her school and the police asap and they can track the IP address, it could be a big pedo, they need to know this!!

wtf lol. He's 17... Hardly a big pedo. Your immature levels are out of the roof gurrrl :s-smilie:
If they haven't met you really have no idea how old he is, could be a 40 year old man for all she knows.
Definitely worth investigating.
Dudes... that's a WHOPPING TWO YEARS! OMG! LIKE WOW! That being said, i would talk to her about this!
There isn't much of an age difference between them really, I don't think it's that bad. Although it could end up being illegal if they were to have sex and if he does get any naked pictures of her, I believe it would count as indecent images of a minor.
Reply 13
Original post by Anonymous
I just found out my 15 year old sister has been talking dirty with a 17 year old boy, they havent met and no pictures were involved. is that illegal?

Currently, not illegal... Once he's 18 it will be though...
Hes only 17
Original post by -CarpeDiem-
There isn't much of an age difference between them really, I don't think it's that bad. Although it could end up being illegal if they were to have sex and if he does get any naked pictures of her, I believe it would count as indecent images of a minor.

The thing is they've never met nor have pictures been exchanged, so there's no way of telling his actual age.. :/
Reply 16
It's absolutely fine even if they do have sex, the police don't give a **** lol
Original post by Anonymous
15 and 17 isn't really much to worry about. If he was like 18-20+ I'd be worried. It is only illegal if they have sex.

are you thick? no pictures or anything to prove hes actually 17, its clearly a pedo.
Original post by -CarpeDiem-

theres no proof hes 17 though so its clearly a catfish pedo, duh
If he was a pedo then surely he would have been much more on to her and would have been requesting pictures, in which case it is wrong, but you don't know if he is 17 or if he could be a predator.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending