The Student Room Group

17 and still a virgin?

Scroll to see replies

lol at this while i'm out here trying NOT to lose it
Original post by 0123456543210
Lose*

Original post by Dancatpro
lose not loose

Loose can technically be used. It does look a bit odd in this context but isn't incorrect.
(edited 8 years ago)
If as you say you are a girl and are fairly attractive, it isn't difficult for you to find sex. You could honestly just flick through your phone contacts list and pick the best looking guy you know and text him if he wants sex. The chances are he'll say yes.
Original post by Anonymous
If as you say you are a girl and are fairly attractive, it isn't difficult for you to find sex. You could honestly just flick through your phone contacts list and pick the best looking guy you know and text him if he wants sex. The chances are he'll say yes.

I 'like' how this post, alone, makes it sound like men are sex obsessed, deprived and craving lunatics which would all jump at the chance. Nice generalisations :smile:
Society is such ******** nowadays that poor kids are concerned about this kind of nonsense and all racing to lose their virginity and fly the 'not fridged' flag. Honestly sweet you've got the right attitude it's really best to have sex with someone you actually care about. Just losing it to say you've lost it definitely isn't worth it.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, I know 17 isn't that late to loose your virginity but I almost feel embarrassed that I haven't. I am fairly 'popular' and considered 'attractive' (cringing at this rn) and most or all of the girls I know similar to me have. It just makes me feel unwanted, I don't want to rush things and have sex for the sake of it, but it's getting to that stage now. I just don't want to start university as a 19 year old virgin, any advice?

i started uni a virgin but lost it on the first night lol, dont feel embarrassed, theres a lot more older virgins than you realise, you might think that its really important to 'lose the v card' but by the time youre at uni, nobody actually really cares because youre all adults by then
Just sell it when you turn 18

Earn a bit of £££
Nothing wrong with that my friend. I'm still a virgin aged 18 but i'm waiting for the right Girl to come into my life, don't rush or spoil such a moment in your life.
Original post by morgan8002
Loose can technically be used. It does look a bit odd in this context but isn't incorrect.

No it cannot.

You cannot "loose" your virginity. One cannot even loosen their virginity.

It makes 0 sense whatsoever.
Original post by Dancatpro
No it cannot.

You cannot "loose" your virginity. One cannot even loosen their virginity.

It makes 0 sense whatsoever.

One cannot loosen their virginity. One can loose it, however. As in set it free, let it go. It makes some sense. Not as much as lose though.
You're only a year legal. Chill out.
I'm an 18 year old virgin guy. I don't care and I will not rush it because I know I am not ready to have sex.
You'll know when you are ready, so don't let peer pressure force you into doing something that you do not feel comfortable doing just for the sake of being able to say that you're no longer a virgin. It's nothing to brag about.
There's a place and time to lose it.

Do not rush into it.
Original post by leavingthecity
Please please please wait until you feel like you actually want to do it!

19 at uni sounds fine.

There's nothing embarrassing about virginity.

100% Correct.
Original post by Justmoll28
i started uni a virgin but lost it on the first night lol, dont feel embarrassed, theres a lot more older virgins than you realise, you might think that its really important to 'lose the v card' but by the time youre at uni, nobody actually really cares because youre all adults by then

how did that go?

lol
Go to uni a virgin, you'll become a conquest for all the guys there and you can have your pick.

Advise for any one, tell someone in strictest confidence that you're a virgin and watch the attention roll in. Doesn't even have to be true.

Why do you want to lose it before uni anyway?
Sounds like you want the first one out the way so you can put it about a bit at uni.
There is nothing to be embarrassed about being 17 and virgin.
Dont follow the society's trend.
Original post by Serine Soul
Just sell it when you turn 18

Earn a bit of £££

Is this your plan? :blushing:
Lol I'm 17, a virgin and couldn't care less.
Original post by DonkeyShlong
Go to uni a virgin, you'll become a conquest for all the guys there and you can have your pick.

Advise for any one, tell someone in strictest confidence that you're a virgin and watch the attention roll in. Doesn't even have to be true.

Why do you want to lose it before uni anyway?
Sounds like you want the first one out the way so you can put it about a bit at uni.

Made me laugh really hard! XDDDD
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Made me laugh really hard! XDDDD

You'd be surprised how often it works.

Quick Reply

Latest