The Student Room Group

Gcse science controlled assessment

I really need someone's help. I have a controlled assessment due for tomorrow and I can't afford to fail it because it will boost up my GCSE grade in science core. Can someone please help me, I do edexcel science and I've always struggled with science
I got an A* in both pieces of my science coursework, what exactly do you need help with?
Reply 2
I need help with part C. Omg that's so good, if only I was able to get an A* 😭 also Thankyou, I really appreciate your help

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hambi123
I need help with part C. Omg that's so good, if only I was able to get an A* 😭 also Thankyou, I really appreciate your help

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can you explain part C and what is your coursework about? As it could be different to the one I done a few months ago. And its no problem :smile:
Reply 4
Equipments;
Beaker
Water
Thermometer
Fuels (Butanol, propanol, ethanol and methanol)
Bunsen burner
Gauze

We basically had to pour 100cm water into the beaker, then we had to take the thermometer and put it into the beaker; we measure the temperature of the water and then put it into the graph that we made; then we take butanol and heat it up and I put the thermometer in the beaker again and wait for the temperature to rise to 30 degrees when that's done we take it out. We repeat this three times, after that is done we have to do propanol ( repeat 3 time) ethanol ( repeat 3 times) and methanol (repeat 3 times)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Equipments;
Beaker
Water
Thermometer
Fuels (Butanol, propanol, ethanol and methanol)
Bunsen burner
Gauze

We basically had to pour 100cm water into the beaker, then we had to take the thermometer and put it into the beaker; we measure the temperature of the water and then put it into the graph that we made; then we take butanol and heat it up and I put the thermometer in the beaker again and wait for the temperature to rise to 30 degrees when that's done we take it out. We repeat this three times, after that is done we have to do propanol ( repeat 3 time) ethanol ( repeat 3 times) and methanol (repeat 3 times)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah yes I done this as my core piece of coursework! :smile: what was part C asking you to do again?
Reply 6
It was asking me to do the conclusion, to find the difference with my primary and secondary evidence

Posted from TSR Mobile
It was asking me to do the conclusion, to find the difference with my primary and secondary evidence

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmm when we done it we had a primary and secondary table and primary and secondary graph and we wrote a paragraph for each explaining about our primary and secondary just what the graphs and the tables showed. Is that what you have to do?
Reply 8
Yeah that's what we have to do; I have like 6 hours from now to do it all 😭 but I still have no idea

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest