The Student Room Group

The most shameless lie ever

I'm going to make a poll here, do you believe that Hillary Clinton either has a profoundly poor and dangerous re-call, or is a pathological liar?

Respond with one after watching this, and please watch this:

[video="youtube;8BfNqhV5hg4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BfNqhV5hg4[/video]
Reply 1
Just astonishing. any psychologists able to diagnose whether this is one of the signs of a pathological liar?
It's either her or Trump. Take your pick.
Reply 3
Original post by babawunga

Bernie Sanders.

He pulled of a shocking upset in michigan, has won many states so far, and Hillary was projected to do well in the southern states. He torched her in the debate last night, and has momentumn going forward.

After march the 16th we move onto bernie states, and many predict he will literally sweep the board.

It's a tighter race than you think by the way.

If it's Hillary or Trump, i'm not going to vote for either and i'm going to get out of politics.
Nice to have reinforced the knowledge that our 'representatives' can say whatever they want to get us to think what they want
Reply 5
Reading between the lines of your many threads on the topic (6 in the last week), I have a hunch that you don't like Mrs Clinton.
Reply 6
I think she's a politician. Simples, longer 5 hey are in office and the public eye, the more likely they will take contradictory and hypocritical positions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by babawunga

Trump.
Reply 8
She's lesser of the two evils

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tawheed
Just astonishing. any psychologists able to diagnose whether this is one of the signs of a pathological liar?

I recall Elizabeth Loftus had a go.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/media-spotlight/201211/implanting-false-memories
I have no issue with labelling Clinton a massive liar and a thoroughly dislikable person too. There's a hell of a lot of distrust in America surrounding her, even from the staunchest democrats. It's the only reason a nutcase like Sanders still has a chance at being nominated.
(edited 8 years ago)
Politicians lie.

In other shocking news cigarettes are bad for you, and stepping on a live rail can result in death.
Reply 12
Original post by Aj12
I think she's a politician. Simples, longer 5 hey are in office and the public eye, the more likely they will take contradictory and hypocritical positions.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Bernie Sanders has been in Office longer and has remained pretty much consistent. He's run an entire election without using a super-pac.

[video="youtube;Rpm4rjejFgQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rpm4rjejFgQ[/video]

I agree with you, an element of it is being in office, but there is one thing about Hillary in paticular, and that is she ranks among the biggest liars in government.

To make up an entire Bosnia trip lie in such a fashion is either willfully shamelessly lying, or signs of a pathology.
Reply 13
Original post by KimKallstrom
I have no issue with labelling Clinton a massive liar and a thoroughly dislikable person too. There's a hell of a lot of distrust in America surrounding her, even from the staunchest democrats. .

Glad we agree on something.
Reply 14
Original post by Tawheed
Bernie Sanders has been in Office longer and has remained pretty much consistent. He's run an entire election without using a super-pac.

[video="youtube;Rpm4rjejFgQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rpm4rjejFgQ[/video]

I agree with you, an element of it is being in office, but there is one thing about Hillary in paticular, and that is she ranks among the biggest liars in government.

To make up an entire Bosnia trip lie in such a fashion is either willfully shamelessly lying, or signs of a pathology.

You cannot really compare Sanders and Clinton's records. Clinton has been in front line politics for decades and held high level position like Secretary of state. She's achieved a lot more than Sanders. Sanders has the purity of opposition.

I am talking in general terms here though, not trying to offer a defence of the above. I can't quite work out why she lied here, either she thought she would not be caught or she has some sort of health problem.
Reply 15
Original post by Aj12
You cannot really compare Sanders and Clinton's records. Clinton has been in front line politics for decades and held high level position like Secretary of state. She's achieved a lot more than Sanders. Sanders has the purity of opposition.

Though i get where you're coming from, i do believe there are a few important issues to discuss:

1. in 1963, Sanders was arrested during a civil rights protest around the same time Hillary was campagining for a racist - Goldwater, as a goldwater girl.

2. Sanders endorsed Jesse Jackson - a black man- as president at a time very few if no other major politicians were willing to do so, before it got popular.

3. Sanders voted against the war in Iraq, far before Hillary was sec of state or any of these things. Hillary voted FOR the war in Iraq.

4. Sanders is walking the walk even today, he is against wall street and big billionare's buying elections, so much so, even being the overwhelming underdog , he ruled out having a super-pac! Hillary on the other hand , HAS a super pac. Despite this, sanders raised 45million in february alone, almost double digits higher than Hillary.

5. Sanders voted against many terrible trade deals, at the time actually being in office (think about the 90's and NAFTA). Hillary was not even a senator then. Hillary was a big advocate.

I'd like to illustrate this point:

[video="youtube;jW4XPRA2jIk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jW4XPRA2jIk[/video]

Compare that to what Sanders had said(who was actually in office!):

I am talking in general terms here though, not trying to offer a defence of the above. I can't quite work out why she lied here, either she thought she would not be caught or she has some sort of health problem.

I agree with you here, i'm not sure which is which.

I agree that Hillary has been under the spot light far more, but really i don't think sanders is anywhere near the same level of being a liar, being inconsistent, or being an ayota as corrupt as Hillary.
Reply 16
Original post by SMEGGGY
She's lesser of the two evils

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll take Bernie Sanders.

I can't bring myself to support either Trump or Hillary. But ofcourse, i would campaign against Trump.

I still think sanders could grab this though. God Willing.
Clicked here expecting a thread about the Holocaust.
Reply 18
Original post by Boris Grishenko
Clicked here expecting a thread about the Holocaust.

Get your anti-semtism outa here.
Reply 19
[video="youtube;RU3NKvvxcSs"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RU3NKvvxcSs&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending