The Student Room Group

do you have an unpopular opinion?

Scroll to see replies

yes, I am. just amused at you, that's all. I know you have mental issues, but then why do you believe some Web stranger won't tell you to **** off if you judge them? am I supposed to "take it"? lolol...no, never.
Smoking in public should be banned.

Original post by markreed
I think that sleeping around is perfectly okay as long as people only have sex with consenting individuals who are above the legal age limit, don't do anything illegal and don't ruin other people's relationships.

Half of these constraints are redundant.
Original post by Roofas
We need to prevent the destruction of the human race by artificially reducing the birthrates in Africa. Nigeria's population alone is expected to expand from 170m today to 900m people by the end of this century. Its population was only 45m in 1960.

Africa will be the only continent without a decreasing population by 2100. The world can't cope with all these people who frankly will never be able to contribute to society. There needs to be a concerted effort to induce wars and disease across Africa to reduce birthrates to a sustainable level, lest the entire planet be doomed.

It's a worthy sacrifice.

This entire post is trash tbh. Mind your business.
I believe there should be a great population cull, where all those with low IQs get killed instantly
Reply 44
Original post by neldee95
This entire post is trash tbh. Mind your business.

Why read this thread if you knew there was going to be a chance you might be offended. Everything I've mentioned is true and you should face up to this impending doom.
I'm pro-Assad in the Syrian civil war.
Legalize (or at least de-criminalize) ALL drugs.
Pro flat tax.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by meenu89
Too many people coming to this country.

I think Theresa May would be a great PM (bit disappointed she isn't on the 'Out' side of the EU referendum).

Well the Theresa May thing is no wonder it's unpopular.
At the Tory conference she went full nasty.
She said she'd accept migrant quotas 'never in a thousand years', which is terrifying because it implies she's preparing to rule for a thousand years, as well as make a hint to the 1000 year Reich...
The way she was going on you'd never have thought she had been HomeSec the last 5 years!
"Exactly Theresa! If only there had been someone that could've stopped this...happening.

Oh."
Original post by whorace
Prostitution should be legal.
Smoking in public should be legal.
Hunting should be legal.

Why on all 3 things?
Original post by unamujercaliente
yes, I am. just amused at you, that's all. I know you have mental issues, but then why do you believe some Web stranger won't tell you to **** off if you judge them? am I supposed to "take it"? lolol...no, never.

1. I think gun ownership should be more relaxed in UK/Eire
2. I think there should be a nationalised free health service in Ireland
3. I think there should be a renationalisation of railways and industry
4. I think they should tell unionists to grow up and unify Ireland
5. I think the Provisionals were a necessary force
6. I think Wales, Scotland, Ireland should have independence from England - but still be part of a politico-economic union between themselves like the EU
7. They should legalise prostitution.
Original post by theconfusedman
I believe there should be a great population cull, where all those with low IQs get killed instantly

And all those with more than 4 letter usernames, to save bandwidth.
Original post by Vindobona
I'm pro-Assad in the Syrian civil war.
Legalize (or at least de-criminalize) ALL drugs.
Pro flat tax.

I agree with the first two but not the third
Reply 51
Original post by DMcGovern
1. I think gun ownership should be more relaxed in UK/Eire
2. I think there should be a nationalised free health service in Ireland
3. I think there should be a renationalisation of railways and industry
4. I think they should tell unionists to grow up and unify Ireland
5. I think the Provisionals were a necessary force
6. I think Wales, Scotland, Ireland should have independence from England - but still be part of a politico-economic union between themselves like the EU
7. They should legalise prostitution.

Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland all have powers to make laws only England don't maybe we need independence.
1. Churches should be turned into homeless shelters.
I might add more later.
Original post by joecphillips
Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland all have powers to make laws only England don't maybe we need independence.

I'd say so - when the university fees for England were being voted on, MPs from Scotland were able to vote on it - how's that fair?
Original post by Roofas
We need to prevent the destruction of the human race by artificially reducing the birthrates in Africa. Nigeria's population alone is expected to expand from 170m today to 900m people by the end of this century. Its population was only 45m in 1960.

Africa will be the only continent without a decreasing population by 2100. The world can't cope with all these people who frankly will never be able to contribute to society. There needs to be a concerted effort to induce wars and disease across Africa to reduce birthrates to a sustainable level, lest the entire planet be doomed.

It's a worthy sacrifice.

The world? lol what you actually mean is that your quality of life in the West will diminish since Africans will start using their own resources and food for themselves and not to feed you... lol strange. I agree that drastic population growth can be bad but it is unfair to try say that Africa doesn't deserve to grow to the levels that the West has. You're essentially just worried that your quality of life will decrease. Also 'never contribute to society' -_- these people grow your food, mine your diamond rings and besides that they also contribute to their own societies. Unless of course, you mean that they do not generate wealth which if you didn't know is not the purpose of a society.

How about you instead complain about the rampant consumerist culture that exists in the West. The massive amounts of waste created by the West. Throwing away thousands of tonnes of food and contaminating water, carelessly. There is enough food but the West is being greedy which is why you believe we cannot cope with Africa's growth. Africa can be completely self sufficient if it wanted to but it is getting exploited. Induce wars and disease? wow. Don't get me started.

I respect your opinion though since this is a forum just about that but I believe your motives are very selfish and you don't actually care about the fate of the planet, but instead the fate of you and your friends.
I want to lower taxes on the richest,
Original post by theconfusedman

But that's suicide?
Reply 57
Original post by vonbroten
Is this really an unpopular opinion?

From my experience, people who do this aren't exactly looked upon favourably or even neutrally and if anything are deemed as "used goods" or "easy". That of course could just be strictly limited to where I live (doubt it).

I've personally been labelled by people I know as "slutty" and have friends who have also been deemed as such.
Reply 58
Original post by morgan8002
Smoking in public should be banned.

Half of these constraints are redundant.

I don't really think any of them are redundant; they're all pretty distinct from my point of view.

For example, I don't think having consent between two individuals is mutually inclusive with not ruining others relationships. That's what cheating is.

I can see where you might see an overlap between consent and the legal age limit, but two 14 year olds could consent to sex (its not like it doesn't happen).
Child benefits should not be paid for more than 1 child.
Traditional ideas such as a nuclear family and waiting till marriage for children to be upheld.
Welfare benefits to only be paid to those who are genuinely disabled as in no unemployment benefits but instead food stamps and heating vouchers- leaving no space for any luxuries just the basics. .
Everyone under 60 to be forced to grow some of their own food by being given plots of land.
Fruits and vegetables to only be sold in season.
Banning plastic bottled water and people using instead public water fountains and reusable water bottles.
University not being free at all.
No music in restaurants.
Very strict fines for spitting chewing gum out on the street.

I probably have more but its quite late lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending