Past papers are brilllll :biggrin:
Original post by Gingerbread101
Past papers are brilllll :biggrin:

In that case I've done loads :lol:
Original post by Andy98
In that case I've done loads :lol:

That's much better then :rofl:
Update 10/03/2016

I did the History knowledge test on Native American civil rights today, and I got 43/48, which I was very pleased with considering the class average was 30 and it was a difficult test! I also have a history essay to write in exam conditions tomorrow that I've been revising for, as well as handing in the first draft of the media piece part of my English Language coursework!

Post it note essay plans

Tinypic is uploading all of my pictures rotated for some odd reason...

Anyway, I make history essay plans on post it notes because it's super visual to separate my paragraphs, and I can reuse them if the paragraph is relevant in a different essay!

I write all of the key facts and limited explanation, so it's easier to memorise and I can add the explanation as it fits when I'm writing.

I stick them up on my wardrobe doors so I can see them and revise all of the time.

Do you use post it notes?

~Gingerbread~

Quotes

Update 10/03/2016

I did the History knowledge test on Native American civil rights today, and I got 43/48, which I was very pleased with considering the class average was 30 and it was a difficult test! I also have a history essay to write in exam conditions tomorrow that I've been revising for, as well as handing in the first draft of the media piece part of my English Language coursework!

Post it note essay plans
X

Anyway, I make history essay plans on post it notes because it's super visual to separate my paragraphs, and I can reuse them if the paragraph is relevant in a different essay!

I write all of the key facts and limited explanation, so it's easier to memorise and I can add the explanation as it fits when I'm writing.

I stick them up on my wardrobe doors so I can see them and revise all of the time.

~Gingerbread~

Quotes

Regular updates - lovely! Congratulations on your test result :h:
Update 10/03/2016

Post it note essay plans

~Gingerbread~

Quotes

OMG GINGERBREAD :woo: that is fantastic!!!! :ahee: good on you lovely :h:
and i loooovee ur post-it notes :awesome:
i am too boring lol and just type my plans cos i find it hard to learn handwritting but they look sooo good :hugs: x
Original post by Student403
Regular updates - lovely! Congratulations on your test result :h:

I'm just annoyed that there were a few questions where I didn't read that you needed to include a date too, and I knew what date they were!! I could have got 45 :emo:
Original post by CoolCavy
OMG GINGERBREAD :woo: that is fantastic!!!! :ahee: good on you lovely :h:
and i loooovee ur post-it notes :awesome:
i am too boring lol and just type my plans cos i find it hard to learn handwritting but they look sooo good :hugs: x

PRSOM :hugs:
Thanks for dropping into my blog darling :h:

I'm obsessed with post it notes :excited: I had over 300 on my walls during my AS revision :mmm:
I'm just annoyed that there were a few questions where I didn't read that you needed to include a date too, and I knew what date they were!! I could have got 45 :emo:

I know the feel lol :frown:

But I tell myself everyone has that argument - if this didn't happen, I'd have got a higher score. it happens to everyone. So just remember you did well and you had the potential to do even better :smile:
Original post by Student403
I know the feel lol :frown:

But I tell myself everyone has that argument - if this didn't happen, I'd have got a higher score. it happens to everyone. So just remember you did well and you had the potential to do even better :smile:

Yep - I just need to make sure I always read the question properly in exams :colondollar:
PRSOM :hugs:
Thanks for dropping into my blog darling :h:

I'm obsessed with post it notes :excited: I had over 300 on my walls during my AS revision :mmm:

awwwwww :colondollar: u called me darling :redface:
and now worries :h: i only just realised i hardly ever comment on it :eek: even tho i read everything :yes:
well if they look like that i can see why :lol: xD i just have boring bits of A4 paper all over my walls :redface: well i did for GCSE anyway, and the physics section always peeled off and landed on my face at night ;-;
:hugs: x
awwwwww :colondollar: u called me darling :redface:
and now worries :h: i only just realised i hardly ever comment on it :eek: even tho i read everything :yes:
well if they look like that i can see why :lol: xD i just have boring bits of A4 paper all over my walls :redface: well i did for GCSE anyway, and the physics section always peeled off and landed on my face at night ;-;
:hugs: x

:giggle:

You should comment more on the stationery-goodness :awesome:
I had the exact same things - some of the cheaper types of post it notes fall off a lot and I'd have a heart attack every time I heard one sliding between the wall and my chest of drawers :lol:
That's much better then :rofl:

Indeed

Update 10/03/2016

Post it note essay plans

~Gingerbread~

Quotes

Still room for improvement:tongue:

I'm kidding, well done

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
:giggle:

You should comment more on the stationery-goodness :awesome:
I had the exact same things - some of the cheaper types of post it notes fall off a lot and I'd have a heart attack every time I heard one sliding between the wall and my chest of drawers :lol:

:hugs:
yes :ahee: i really should, i like this blog a lot cos it is so cute :h:
yes! ikr it is so scary :afraid: or when you spend ages on a page and then you roll over and crumple it in the night when it falls on you :cry2: xD x
Original post by Andy98
Indeed

Still room for improvement:tongue:

I'm kidding, well done

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha, thanks :tongue:

:hugs:
yes :ahee: i really should, i like this blog a lot cos it is so cute :h:
yes! ikr it is so scary :afraid: or when you spend ages on a page and then you roll over and crumple it in the night when it falls on you :cry2: xD x

Thanks so much :biggrin:

Oh I hate that, or just when something you spent ages on gets ruined in general :sad:
Update 12/03/2016

Yesterday was my History essay in exam conditions, and I think it went really well! I didn't struggle to remember anything (apart from the name of one trial, which I eventually remembered!) and I had enough time to write everything I wanted to. I'll probably get the mark back on Monday. I had a minor disaster with my English Language investigation coursework - I've managed to lose one of my annotated newspaper clippings! Luckily I still have the master copy, but I'm going to have to annotate it again. I have a draft of my English Language media piece coursework due in on Monday, and it's looking good after a shaky start! Today I've also been making notes on Russian History, which I'll talk about a little bit more below!

Resitting exams...
IMG_20160312_175142.jpg

In my AS exams last year, I was quite worried about how I'd done on the Russian section of my History exams - there were three questions and you had to pick two to answer. I was quite confident with one of them, but for the other one I was pretty distraught that I'd picked the wrong question.

Throughout the year I'd been getting full marks in practice essays for Russia, but struggling on Bs and Cs in the England section - so I focused a lot of my revision on that instead.

Lo and behold when results day came, I had a B rather than the A I'd hoped for in History. I was pretty upset about it, and then it managed to get even worse when I saw that I had an E on the Russia section, only rescued by full UMS on the England section (oh the irony).

We tried to get the exam remarked but it stayed at exactly the same mark and it was returned in 48 hours... naturally we were a bit suspicious so requested the exam script back - I'd done equally badly on both questions I'd answered.

When my teacher looked at my answers, they knew they weren't A standard, probably more like C - so if we went for an appeal that would probably be my new mark.

I decided that rather than be satisfied with a C, I was going to retake the Russia exam to try and get the 95-100 UMS I knew I could have gotten. If I do manage to get that in the exam, then it will really help my chances of getting an A* overall.

So skip forwards to now, when I'm revising Russia - I'm rewriting all of my notes and doing extra quick fire recap lessons with my teacher, so I should be all prepped in time for the exam! I'd hoped to start a bit earlier but the school production got in the way... Above are some of my new and improved Russia notes with my new highlighters!

Have you ever had any heart destroying exam experiences?

~Gingerbread~

Quotes

Update 12/03/2016

Yesterday was my History essay in exam conditions, and I think it went really well! I didn't struggle to remember anything (apart from the name of one trial, which I eventually remembered!) and I had enough time to write everything I wanted to. I'll probably get the mark back on Monday. I had a minor disaster with my English Language investigation coursework - I've managed to lose one of my annotated newspaper clippings! Luckily I still have the master copy, but I'm going to have to annotate it again. I have a draft of my English Language media piece coursework due in on Monday, and it's looking good after a shaky start! Today I've also been making notes on Russian History, which I'll talk about a little bit more below!

Resitting exams...
IMG_20160312_175142.jpg

In my AS exams last year, I was quite worried about how I'd done on the Russian section of my History exams - there were three questions and you had to pick two to answer. I was quite confident with one of them, but for the other one I was pretty distraught that I'd picked the wrong question.

Throughout the year I'd been getting full marks in practice essays for Russia, but struggling on Bs and Cs in the England section - so I focused a lot of my revision on that instead.

Lo and behold when results day came, I had a B rather than the A I'd hoped for in History. I was pretty upset about it, and then it managed to get even worse when I saw that I had an E on the Russia section, only rescued by full UMS on the England section (oh the irony).

We tried to get the exam remarked but it stayed at exactly the same mark and it was returned in 48 hours... naturally we were a bit suspicious so requested the exam script back - I'd done equally badly on both questions I'd answered.

When my teacher looked at my answers, they knew they weren't A standard, probably more like C - so if we went for an appeal that would probably be my new mark.

I decided that rather than be satisfied with a C, I was going to retake the Russia exam to try and get the 95-100 UMS I knew I could have gotten. If I do manage to get that in the exam, then it will really help my chances of getting an A* overall.

So skip forwards to now, when I'm revising Russia - I'm rewriting all of my notes and doing extra quick fire recap lessons with my teacher, so I should be all prepped in time for the exam! I'd hoped to start a bit earlier but the school production got in the way... Above are some of my new and improved Russia notes with my new highlighters!

~Gingerbread~

Quotes

PRSOM
Update 12/03/2016

Resitting exams...
IMG_20160312_175142.jpg

~Gingerbread~

Quotes

It won't let me rep you again but your handwriting is so neat! I had a fairly similar experience with AS Lit - I regretted my question choice for the poetry section, and ended up with a C in that exam (with both sections ultimately being equally bad), despite As all year, and was only saved by my full UMS coursework which meant my overall grade was a B. So I'm resitting... and I should probably start revising for that actually!
Original post by doctorwhofan98
It won't let me rep you again but your handwriting is so neat! I had a fairly similar experience with AS Lit - I regretted my question choice for the poetry section, and ended up with a C in that exam (with both sections ultimately being equally bad), despite As all year, and was only saved by my full UMS coursework which meant my overall grade was a B. So I'm resitting... and I should probably start revising for that actually!

Thank you lovely :h:
I'm glad I'm not the only one :giggle:
Update 13/03/2016

I finally got hold of the last book I needed for my History coursework today! I found a reference to the historian in a textbook but couldn't find out where he actually said the things, but after a bit of research I managed to find out that he was a professor at the University of Bristol, so I emailed him and asked him about it! He told me the title of the book, but it was too expensive for me to buy just to get a few quotes, so I managed to find it on a nearby Uni's library catalogue. My head of sixth form emailed the University and they agreed to let me go in and take notes from it in their library! The moral of the story ~ if you don't ask you won't get! I also made some more notes on Russian History for my resit this afternoon. I was going to do some of my English Language media piece coursework but it's on publisher and I don't have that on my laptop... That will be my plan for my frees tomorrow!

New stationery
20160313_144709-1.jpg

While I was in the library today I took this cute photo of the new stationery I've been using recently! I thought I'd do a quick little review on here about them!

First off are the Muji Gel Ink Pens (0.38) which I got off Amazon here but you can also find them on the Muji website. I bought one black, one red and one light blue. I think if I could have found them on Amazon in the 0.5 or 0.7 size individually then I would have got them, but I still really like the 0.38! The gel writing is so smooth omg I could just stare at it all day it's so pretty... My black one is going down very quickly however, it's using more ink than other pens I've used, but compared to other gel pens I use they're reasonably cheap so I don't mind replacing them more often! I can't wait to get some more colours!

The next thing I've been using are the Zebra Mildliners, available on Amazon here incredibly cheaply! They're double ended highlighters, with one fine end. I find this really useful, as you might have noticed on some of my notes I like to write titles in highlighter then go over with pen because it stands out nicely. This is so much easier with a fine point highlighter, and the colours are really pretty because they're not as harsh on the eyes as normal neon highlighters.

I would definitely recommend both of them!

Have you used either of these? Any other stationery products you'd recommend?

~Gingerbread~

Quotes

(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending