The Student Room Group

Straight men - would you mind?

Would you mind if a gay friend called you by a pet or affectionate name?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
In private no as long as they know where I stand. In public I would mind because people are shallow and I need to keep up appearances.
go right ahead sugar :flutter:
nope - I'd find it funny so maybe I'd encourage it - I call my fellow straight friend "boobear" and he thinks it's funny so there you go
I personally wouldn't care/mind..
I have, and have had, gay friends that do. Doesn't bother me. I call my male friends "my love" or "darling" more often than I do my female friends :lol:
Fair enough. Thanks for your responses. I'm terrible for this. I started off doing it sarcastically and now I'm almost compelled to say things like "hey hon".
It's not a problem ducky.
Don't care so long as we've established where we stand. If it's just banter, banter.
Reply 9
Original post by Kvothe the arcane

I don't really like want to haave a gay friend. So that wul be a problem in itself. And no jokes either or kidding around either. No matter gay or straight.
Friends a friend init, don't see why there would be a problem

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
I wish I have a gay friend. :frown:
Would probably be a little annoyed, but no big deal.
Original post by whorace
In private no as long as they know where I stand. In public I would mind because people are shallow and I need to keep up appearances.

I too would probably mind in public. I once had an older friend hug me and I felt so awkward. I faked it all the way but people were staring....

Original post by the bear
go right ahead sugar :flutter:

Fo' sure :flutter:

Original post by ByronicHero
I have, and have had, gay friends that do. Doesn't bother me. I call my male friends "my love" or "darling" more often than I do my female friends :lol:

Cool, cool. I'll carry on calling you what I do then.
Original post by thunder_chunky
It's not a problem ducky.

Fair enough, chicken :biggrin:.

Original post by jamaal17
I don't really like want to haave a gay friend. So that wul be a problem in itself. And no jokes either or kidding around either. No matter gay or straight.

May I ask why? Do you fear people might think you gay if you had one? I felt similarly when I was in the closet.

Original post by drandy76
Friends a friend init, don't see why there would be a problem

They might feel like their masculinity is threatened or just feel uncomfortable. I suppose it depends on the relationship between the friends and the context.

Original post by Dnkz7
I wish I have a gay friend. :frown:

Awww. Why's that? I have a few. Honestly, you're not missing much. Bar our sexuality, we're not that different.
No, I'd find it funny, so long as it isn't too conspicuous.
Of course I would mind. I didn't spend six years in Evil Medical School to be called "sugar".

...but really, they can go ahead. I wouldn't mind at all.
Original post by Kvothe the arcane

If its in a group of friends or in private, then no, i would even take it as a compliment. In public though, i would, but even if a girl called me "hun" in public with people we didnt know it would be kind of weird.
Original post by Withengar
Of course I would mind. I didn't spend six years in Evil Medical School to be called "sugar".

...but really, they can go ahead. I wouldn't mind at all.

oooh doctor W it's me chalfonts again. could you give me some more of that cream sweetheart ?

thanks sweetcheeks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending