The Student Room Group

2 months left...

Hi,

What stage are you at in your revision and what grades are you aiming for?
Just out of interest, 'revision' doesn't constitute making notes right, revision is only memorizing the notes and doing past papers?

Best of luck guys!

Scroll to see replies

Physics is killing me. I'm doing Past papers, I tried to write notes at the start of the year...that didn't last long.

Past papers, imo are the best, especially for the maths subjects.

Aiming for good grades, can't say atm :/

At the end of the day, it will depend on how much work I put in from now til the exams.

Good Luck to you too!
Aiming for straight A's.

History - Going fairly well. Started hardcore revision in February. Finished Russia by early March and I'll be finished with England in about 6 days or so. That'll give me ample time to do extra extra revision and to do a load more past papers. Been working hard and improved from my C in my December mock to mostly A's in the essay questions I do now.

Government and Politics - Also going well. Gone over in extreme detail 2 of the 4 sections for Unit 1 (you only get tested on 2), and 3 of the 4 for Unit 2 (you get asked on all 4). G & P is probably my strongest subject. Been getting high A's in my past papers and mocks. Recently got 40/40 on a Unit 2 question. Will be finished with Unit 2 and a third section of Unit 1 by the end of March.

Literature - My weakest subject. Only scraped one A so far. But I'm improving. I'll have to do a load of essays to get up to scratch though.

BTEC Law - Easy UCAS points, all coursework, no need for revision. Guaranteed Distinction.

Overall it's going well. I'm very pleased I started revision so early.
Reply 3
Original post by RoughER
Hi,

Just out of interest, 'revision' doesn't constitute making notes right, revision is only memorizing the notes and doing past papers?

Best of luck guys!

I'm going through revisiion booklets for physics, covering all topics, checking if my notes are good and then adding addiontal. At the same time im doing exam questions etc, parond my spelling
Original post by RoughER
Hi,What stage are you at in your revision and what grades are you aiming for?Just out of interest, 'revision' doesn't constitute making notes right, revision is only memorizing the notes and doing past papers?Best of luck guys!
death just death tbh :cry2:
I haven't scraped any a's got DDBE in mocks which is soo bad :frown: I need to work extremely hard in the next 2 months to get BBBB minimum hopefully !
Maths I've achieved b's in which I'm happy with
English literature is hard in terms of the way I write my essays and I need to finish my notes on themes ect but it's extremely time consuming (D)
Sociology is easy as it's mainly memorizing but I need to learn how structure my essay questions (D)
Economics is my worst subject! I'm really worried about it as I find multiple choice questions hard and my teachers constantly telling me how I'm failing (E) :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by RoughER
Hi,

Best of luck guys!

I haven't started yet :|
I've not even started M2, as in I've not taught myself any of it yet either :|
Reply 7
Lol am failing, don't know nothing on c2, need to do that asap

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by RonnieRJ

You'll be fine.
Have you made notes already btw?
Reply 9
Original post by SANTR
You'll be fine.
Have you made notes already btw?

Not at all, making notes is part of my revision. I'll just teach myself while revising lol it shall work :wink:
tell me about it.....i am first year uni and this year has gone.....when i come back from easter hols i will have one month of lectures left

Are you doing M1+M2 combo or?

Are you self teaching or? Most schools would have finished everything sometime late this month. :redface:
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
Are you doing M1+M2 combo or?

Are you self teaching or? Most schools would have finished everything sometime late this month. :redface:

Yeah I'm self teaching FP1 and M1-2 but almost everything in those two mechanics modules is covered in my physics A level so I'm going through it quite quickly. M2 won't take too long, I do Edexcel which I think is easier than AQA :biggrin:
Yeah I'm self teaching FP1 and M1-2 but almost everything in those two mechanics modules is covered in my physics A level so I'm going through it quite quickly. M2 won't take too long, I do Edexcel which I think is easier than AQA :biggrin:

Sweet I'm doing the same though I'm doing S1/M1 combo + self-teach M2 in the summer.

What exam board are you for all your subjects?

I'm Edexcel for maths/physics.
How are you going about revision i.e whats your strategy?

Have you done your A2 Physics practical yet or? Have you finished Physics unit 5?
Sweet I'm doing the same though I'm doing S1/M1 combo + self-teach M2 in the summer.

What exam board are you for all your subjects?

I'm Edexcel for maths/physics.
How are you going about revision i.e whats your strategy?

Have you done your A2 Physics practical yet or? Have you finished Physics unit 5?

Ah I see, I did S1 with my maths AS and D1 for maths A2 and I really hate both stats and decision so I went with mechanics haah

The three sciences are all AQA and all maths is Edexcel

As for revision I basically count all the topics of a unit, double the number, and start that many days before the exam, so I can got through each topic twice. First time I read, second time make notes and put them on the wall, and the night before the exam I read things off the wall lmao.

I've done my practical and I've gotta do the exam bit tomorrow, it's really easy tho so I'll be alright :smile: I have finished unit 5 with Astro :smile:
Ah I see, I did S1 with my maths AS and D1 for maths A2 and I really hate both stats and decision so I went with mechanics haah

The three sciences are all AQA and all maths is Edexcel

As for revision I basically count all the topics of a unit, double the number, and start that many days before the exam, so I can got through each topic twice. First time I read, second time make notes and put them on the wall, and the night before the exam I read things off the wall lmao.

I've done my practical and I've gotta do the exam bit tomorrow, it's really easy tho so I'll be alright :smile: I have finished unit 5 with Astro :smile:

Ah, did you find S1 easier than D1 or vice versa?

Why are you doing M1-M2 if you've already done S1 for your AS & D1 as your A2 applied module, which I'm assuming you'll sit D1 in the summer unless your doing FM or something?

For Physics, I'm doing every single past paper in the spec from Edexcel + Edexcel International A level just as extra resources to practice since the spec is very similar.

For Maths, I just use exam solutions + Edexcel regular A level past papers + IAL past papers. If I find myself dropping marks consistently on a topic I go on Madasmaths website and find the maths topic and completely/review every single example+question there and by the end of it I'm a master of it. :tongue:

What grades are you hoping to achieve? I just noticed your doing Maths+3 sciences. :redface: Are you hoping to study medicine or?
Ah, did you find S1 easier than D1 or vice versa?

Why are you doing M1-M2 if you've already done S1 for your AS & D1 as your A2 applied module, which I'm assuming you'll sit D1 in the summer unless your doing FM or something?

For Physics, I'm doing every single past paper in the spec from Edexcel + Edexcel International A level just as extra resources to practice since the spec is very similar.

For Maths, I just use exam solutions + Edexcel regular A level past papers + IAL past papers. If I find myself dropping marks consistently on a topic I go on Madasmaths website and find the maths topic and completely/review every single example+question there and by the end of it I'm a master of it. :tongue:

What grades are you hoping to achieve? I just noticed your doing Maths+3 sciences. :redface: Are you hoping to study medicine or?

Yeah I'm self teaching further maths AS last minute haha :smile: I definitely think D1 is much easier, it's really simple.

And that's a good method, I don't actually even do past papers as odd as it sounds :|

But no not medicine haha, I've applied for Natural Sciences so I'll just do all the sciences combined at uni :smile:

Proud of u baby xx :wink:
Original post by High Stakes
Proud of u baby xx :wink:

Hehehe thank u pls
Reply 19
Yeah I'm ****ed

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest