The Student Room Group

Imperial College medicine applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Anyone else have an interview on 8th March?
Original post by Timon512
Were there any ethical scenarios at the interview?

Yh man, I got asked if it'd be ethical to give away specific information about the content of an interview over an online forum. Can't remember my answer, what do you think?
Original post by Timon512
Were there any ethical scenarios at the interview?

Joking aside it's going to be a possible topic in any medicine interview.

They'll vary what they ask between interviews, so don't get hung up on what other people got asked- the best way to prepare in my opinion is to focus on your own knowledge and experiences, and to take a look at the criteria, which they'll definitely be at least loosely assessing.

Even if they don't ask ethics questions, as you're a medicine applicant it'd probably be advisable to have (which you probably already do) some basic knowledge of the principles of medical ethics/professionalism/duties of a doctor etc., and to have a rough understanding of how you'd apply this knowledge to real life scenarios or ethical dilemmas (look at some common ethics questions). Better safe than sorry, eh?
OFFER!
Reply 1504
Offer 😆 interview 2nd March
Are there usually 4-5 people on the panel?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is there a Facebook group for offer holders specifically for medicine?
Original post by Fahad78636
Anyone else have an interview on 8th March?

me!
offeeer🙈😁 interveiw 2nd march
Just had my interview today, everyone was very nice :smile: the interview didn't feel like an interview, it was quite relaxed. But in terms of what I said, I felt I should have said a lot more... it was a pleasant experience regardless of the outcome. Good luck to everyone!
Original post by GDbubbles
Just had my interview today, everyone was very nice :smile: the interview didn't feel like an interview, it was quite relaxed. But in terms of what I said, I felt I should have said a lot more... it was a pleasant experience regardless of the outcome. Good luck to everyone!

Genuinely same haha, I had mine yesterday too
Original post by Masked_Freak
Genuinely same haha, I had mine yesterday too

I think I was actually a bit hyper in my interview :bricks: when did you have yours? I might have met you :smile:
I think I was actually a bit hyper in my interview :bricks: when did you have yours? I might have met you :smile:

Mine was quite late like 3:20, yeah it genuinely felt like a conversation, not sure if that's good or bad though haha
Mine was quite late like 3:20, yeah it genuinely felt like a conversation, not sure if that's good or bad though haha

Cant be as late as 5:30pm interview :P. Still waiting for news, my interview was on 1st March. Think they might be delaying because I'm an international applicant.
Reply 1514
Original post by swopnil
me!

So did I! Quite nervous really.. I feel like I was more anxious than I wanted to be. Hopefully it didn't go too badly!

Mine was at 3:40, we must have met each other haha! Im hope we will both receive good news :smile:
Offers already for March 2nd interviews?

Still not got a reply and I had mine March 1st. :frown:

Congrats guys!
Welp. Just got an update on UCAS saying that I have been rejected from Imperial (my interview was on March 1st).

Good Luck to all the others who are still waiting, have interviews, and congratulations to those who have offers :smile:.
Original post by theRaichu
Welp. Just got an update on UCAS saying that I have been rejected from Imperial (my interview was on March 1st).

Good Luck to all the others who are still waiting, have interviews, and congratulations to those who have offers :smile:.

Sorry to hear this :frown: how do you think your interview went?
Sorry to hear this :frown: how do you think your interview went?

I think it went decently, but I knew in my mind that I don't think it was simply enough to carry me through. And if it wasn't my interview performance, it would've had to have been my grades.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending