The Student Room Group

Statistics help

20161909-071950_p0.jpg
As anyone I've spoken to about this knows, I'm hopeless with statistics. How do I do this question? In particular e - l @TeeEm (this can be a great addition to your resources) @Indeterminate (I'm using the maths forum :biggrin:)

To anyone else, I don't appreciate condescending responses like "do you expect me to post the solution for you?"
Reply 1
Original post by ServantOfMorgoth
20161909-071950_p0.jpg
As anyone I've spoken to about this knows, I'm hopeless with statistics. How do I do this question? In particular e - l @TeeEm (this can be a great addition to your resources) @Indeterminate (I'm using the maths forum :biggrin:)

To anyone else, I don't appreciate condescending responses like "do you expect me to post the solution for you?"

tomorrow afternoon I can
It would be helpful if you explained the method instead as full solutions aren't permitted :biggrin:
20161909-071950_p0.jpg

for e) on the very top line you are told the distribution of the weight of an individual potato and beside it you have the distribution for the mean weight of a sample of n potatoes, you know sigma and n so just plug the values into the two distributions and compare standard deviations
Original post by TeeEm
tomorrow afternoon I can

No problem 😊
Reply 5
No problem 😊

my pleasure
I got out a - d already
@TeeEm, hope you didn't forget me :colondollar:
Reply 8
@TeeEm, hope you didn't forget me :colondollar:

what seems to be the problem?
Original post by TeeEm
what seems to be the problem?

You said you were gonna do the question this afternoon.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
You said you were gonna do the question this afternoon.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I said I will help ... not do (this question is of little personal interest as Stats is not my thing)

Quick Reply

Latest