The Student Room Group

Someone talk about A level stress

Heyy
I'm doing AS levels and i'm kinda stressed rn. I just feel like passing is kind of impossible. And hm i'm just feeling overworked and theres too much work to juggle. Its just getting me down really. Everyones sleeping now. So can someone just sort of cheer me up or just discuss work. Thannk youuuu

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm probably going to only be able to put down this comment since I should be sleeping right now, but I will say that you should look at what you have left to cover and make a strict timetable enabling you complete it all- BEFORE exam time. That way you should have a good amount of time before exams start to revise and go over everything, feeling confident before you start doing your exams.

It's fairly normal to be feeling stressed, but just remember that your best chances at performing well in your exams is by doing your best and focusing on getting the content learned and being able to apply your knowledge. Past papers are absolutely key.

If you have been unfocused this year, then remember that you just have 2 months and that, if any time, now would be the right moment to get your head down and study hard. Work hard and then you can play hard in the summer! Just don't give up because if you do, you've failed yourself before you even got to attempt the exam papers.

Keep your chin up; good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by M0nkey Thunder
I'm probably going to only be able to put down this comment since I should be sleeping right now, but I will say that you should look at what you have left to cover and make a strict timetable enabling you complete it all- BEFORE exam time. That way you should have a good amount of time before exams start to revise and go over everything, feeling confident before you start doing your exams.

It's fairly normal to be feeling stressed, but just remember that your best chances at performing well in your exams is by doing your best and focusing on getting the content learned and being able to apply your knowledge. Past papers are absolutely key.

If you have been unfocused this year, then remember that you just have 2 months and that, if any time, now would be the right moment to get your head down and study hard. Work hard and then you can play hard in the summer! Just don't give up because if you do, you've failed yourself before you even got to attempt the exam papers.

Keep your chin up; good luck!

Hey, thank you for replying! Yeah that seems quite good actually. I'll try and do a time table, I've done them in the past but they never really work. I need to stick to one tbh. Is it bad that at this stage, i'm making notes and not really revising? Because i think notes help. But i dont know if i should be doing them now instead of revison? I plan to finish notes by the end of march though (around the 25th march).

Yeah ive heard past papers are the best! So say i do notes up until the 25th march, and then i start revising all the content, when shall i start past papers? And how many roughly do i do for each subject? Sorry, i'm so bad at organising

That last paragraph has motivated me a bit haha, i just feel like theres not much hope... I had mocks in December. I got DDEU. I retook and got DDDU. And i had mocks again this week (tuesday and wednesday) and i feel like they've gone bad too.. If i have done bad in them, say i get DDEE. Is there a chance of me turning my grades around in the real exams? Theres still hope right? I'm so worried. My schools very harsh. They kick people out on results day if they don't do so well. I really worry i'm going go be in that position. And at this rate, i'm kinda heading in that direction hmm...

Posted from TSR Mobile
I would suggest getting sleep at this point and establishing a sleeping pattern, like going to bed at 11 every day.
It's not easy stuff and things can seem challenging at first, but it just takes time to digest the information and understand it. You do this by reading notes, making notes of your own, googling questions that you want to ask about a topic, watching youtube videos and practicing questions.

Good luck :h:
Reply 4
Original post by SeanFM
I would suggest getting sleep at this point and establishing a sleeping pattern, like going to bed at 11 every day.
It's not easy stuff and things can seem challenging at first, but it just takes time to digest the information and understand it. You do this by reading notes, making notes of your own, googling questions that you want to ask about a topic, watching youtube videos and practicing questions.

Good luck :h:

Yeah I think i'll try and get some sleep now, thank you both! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
MonkeyThunder - Thanks:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Benn777
Hey, thank you for replying! Yeah that seems quite good actually. I'll try and do a time table, I've done them in the past but they never really work. I need to stick to one tbh. Is it bad that at this stage, i'm making notes and not really revising? Because i think notes help. But i dont know if i should be doing them now instead of revison? I plan to finish notes by the end of march though (around the 25th march).

Yeah ive heard past papers are the best! So say i do notes up until the 25th march, and then i start revising all the content, when shall i start past papers? And how many roughly do i do for each subject? Sorry, i'm so bad at organising

That last paragraph has motivated me a bit haha, i just feel like theres not much hope... I had mocks in December. I got DDEU. I retook and got DDDU. And i had mocks again this week (tuesday and wednesday) and i feel like they've gone bad too.. If i have done bad in them, say i get DDEE. Is there a chance of me turning my grades around in the real exams? Theres still hope right? I'm so worried. My schools very harsh. They kick people out on results day if they don't do so well. I really worry i'm going go be in that position. And at this rate, i'm kinda heading in that direction hmm...

Posted from TSR Mobile

No worries! Of course it's fine, but be sure to be reviewing your previous notes while you're at it. You don't want to have finished all your notes and then realise that you have an absolute heap of work to cram into your mind before exam season begins. Also, do past papers as frequently as possible when you're not making notes. Even if there is some content you haven't done, getting practise applying your knowledge is vital. If you make mistakes, review the topics you made mistakes in and repeat that paper. Don't use them all up before you've finished your notes though since you need to practise your timing with full past papers too. How many? If you're aiming for top grades, aim to do them all :smile: There are only so many questions they can ask and doing them all gives you the best chance at being prepared!

Of course there's hope! However, I really do urge you to speak to your teachers to figure out where you went wrong. The concept I like to follow essentially means that it doesn't matter about whether you got something correct or incorrect in the short term, it's about learning from them in the long term. So if you're getting grades that you're not happy with consistently, go find what went wrong and correct them. Ignoring them, particularly at this point, is the worst thing you could do.

Whenever I get down in terms of my mood, a saying from my favourite motivational speaker always gets me back on track. He says:

"Don't cry to quit! You're already in pain- you're already hurt. Get a reward from it! Don't go to sleep until you succeed."

The last part is debatable, but you get the idea :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending