The Student Room Group

Bath or Bristol for Aerospace Engineering

I'm totally stuck between these two unis. I am an offer holder for both (sandwhich course for Bath) and I was wandering whether anyone could put forward an argument for one or the other. Also, can students from Bath join the Bristol University Air Squadron? If anyone could shed some like on that too that would be much appreciated ! :smile:
Original post by Joes_Username
I'm totally stuck between these two unis. I am an offer holder for both (sandwhich course for Bath) and I was wandering whether anyone could put forward an argument for one or the other. Also, can students from Bath join the Bristol University Air Squadron? If anyone could shed some like on that too that would be much appreciated ! :smile:

I recommend Bristol 100% over bath if aerospace is really what you're interested in. Both are great universities for engineering in general but Bath has that course where you do general stuff for 2 years, do the sandwich year, before you even start learning about aerodynamics, aerospace related stuff in 4th year. Bath certainly has no modules related to spacecrafts so if that's something that interests you , then go for Bristol as they have atleast 2 modules on spacecrafts, orbital mechanics, etc, they also have a 4th year group design project based on space (working with Airbus I think). I've went to Bath's summer school so I stayed there for a week and the university is definitely great, great facilities, etc and I've also visited Bristol, which is also good, however I think Bristol has a slight better aerospace department compared to Bath. Bristol has year abroad at some great universities including McGill in Canada which is one of the best for engineering worldwide so I thought that was interesting. Have you visited both uni's?

& no I don't go to neither Bath or Bristol, but I did apply to them and researched them thoroughly, and Bristol in my opinion is better

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bigboateng_
I recommend Bristol 100% over bath if aerospace is really what you're interested in. Both are great universities for engineering in general but Bath has that course where you do general stuff for 2 years, do the sandwich year, before you even start learning about aerodynamics, aerospace related stuff in 4th year. Bath certainly has no modules related to spacecrafts so if that's something that interests you , then go for Bristol as they have atleast 2 modules on spacecrafts, orbital mechanics, etc, they also have a 4th year group design project based on space (working with Airbus I think). I've went to Bath's summer school so I stayed there for a week and the university is definitely great, great facilities, etc and I've also visited Bristol, which is also good, however I think Bristol has a slight better aerospace department compared to Bath. Bristol has year abroad at some great universities including McGill in Canada which is one of the best for engineering worldwide so I thought that was interesting. Have you visited both uni's?

& no I don't go to neither Bath or Bristol, but I did apply to them and researched them thoroughly, and Bristol in my opinion is better

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! You're a star. Out of intrest where did you apply?
Original post by Joes_Username
Thanks! You're a star. Out of intrest where did you apply?

Bath, Bristol, Southampton Manchester and Leeds, I go to southampton now
Reply 4
Bath, Bristol, Southampton Manchester and Leeds, I go to southampton now

Hey I am thinking of applying to Bristol,Bath,Southhampton and Loughbourough this year and was wondering what AS grades did you get/ what predicted grades got you accepted at the places you applied for.

I take
Physics Maths and Computer Science
Original post by mahmzo
Hey I am thinking of applying to Bristol,Bath,Southhampton and Loughbourough this year and was wondering what AS grades did you get/ what predicted grades got you accepted at the places you applied for.

I take
Physics Maths and Computer Science

I got AACC in Maths, FM, Chem and Physics. Got predicted A*AA in Maths, FM and Physics.
Reply 6
I got AACC in Maths, FM, Chem and Physics. Got predicted A*AA in Maths, FM and Physics.

I got ABC at AS in Physics,Maths,CS respectively. Do you think I have a chance at an AAA or even better an A*AA Prediction? I believe I can achieve those grades. Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending