The Student Room Group

I feel like a failure

I failed my GCSEs last year and I'm resitting this year; i have 2 months until my exams and I'm really scared. I also have a science controlled assessment and I can't even get a decent grade. I feel like such a failure and at times I just hate myself
You're not a failure. GCSEs really are not important, all you need is English and Maths - the rest you can pretty much forget about once you've done your A levels / BTEC. If it makes you feel any better, I only have 3 GCSEs and I had to redo my maths GCSE three times! :lol:
Don't say why me? Say TRY ME! :biggrin:
Original post by Snufkin
You're not a failure. GCSEs really are not important, all you need is English and Maths - the rest you can pretty much forget about once you've done your A levels / BTEC. If it makes you feel any better, I only have 3 GCSEs and I had to redo my maths GCSE three times! :lol:

No offence bruh, but if you cant complete your IGSCEs then good luck with A Levels, LOL!
Original post by Hambi123
I failed my GCSEs last year and I'm resitting this year; i have 2 months until my exams and I'm really scared. I also have a science controlled assessment and I can't even get a decent grade. I feel like such a failure and at times I just hate myself

Its not that hard i'm taking 3 subjects in my first year (grade 9) without a teacher (self study) and i'm getting A's in Maths and Physics. Just Chemistry is a bugger.
Reply 5
First of all, I'm not with IGCSE. That exam board isn't harsh at all. I'm with edexcel and they want you to be specific.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by AliNaqvi:D
No offence bruh, but if you cant complete your IGSCEs then good luck with A Levels, LOL!

"To overcome the hardest wall, you need to look within yourself to reach your goal, , you can do it i believe in you and with hard work i have no uncertainties in your success"

And yet I passed my A levels and got into UCL.
Original post by Snufkin
And yet I passed my A levels and got into UCL.

Probably because you are British. And "passing" and "aceing" are completely different. If you can barely get a C in your GSCE how da*** do you expect to get a half decent grade in your A levels which are like 10X harder?
Probably because you are British. And "passing" and "aceing" are completely different. If you can barely get a C in your GSCE how da*** do you expect to get a half decent grade in your A levels which are like 10X harder?

There as been threads made where people got terrible GCSE grades and at the end of the day ended up with amazing A levels.

Don't underestimate someone because they got terrible GCSE results and then instantly suggest they will fail A Levels.

People will look at what they failed in the past and learn from it to overcome the problem to achieve better and become successful. :smile:
Don't feel like a failure just because you failed last time. Think of it as a hiccup to achieving your dreams. You need to get rid of the hiccups (negativity) and drink some water (revise) and you'll be sure to be more positive in the future. Which in turn will help you believe in yourself and hopefully then do well in you GCSE's and A levels and any other qualifications.

Sorry for the whole metaphorical ****. Probably shouldn't have gone there but oh well.
THE THING IS if you are TRYING HARD and cant get good GCSEs then f u c k you will die in a ball in a puddle of your own tears when A levels come around. HOWEVER yes like the majority of people, not much effort is put into GCSEs due to being ignorant and immature at that stage of adolescence BUT people still pull their fingers out their arses for A levels, work hard and do well.

So i ask you this, are you tricking yourself into thinking you have put the effort in. If not there are many options elsewhere and just try to get the English maths and science. If you are then you only have yourself to blame, especially if you are retaking and continue to be lazy about work. Think about it...
No! Dont think like that!! The first step to do better is to believe in yourself. Just because yo failed an exam that does not mean that you are a failure. Just look at your mistakes, revise them and do some exercises. Do not panic , universities focus more on a levels but Im sure that you will gain motivation and do great on your gcse exams. And dont forget , you are not a failure until you have given up :P Hope i helped im positive you will be fine!!
Original post by snufkin
and yet i passed my a levels and got into ucl.

yaaaaaaaaas you tell em
Original post by Hambi123

Ignore the negative people on this thread. You need to focus and look out for yourself. being negative doesnt help you, but its natural to stress and get worried.

If you are resitting your GCSE's then you know how much work toy have put in. You cna revise a lot in 2 months. make a timetable, have good notes and do past exam papers. If theres bits you dont understand then talk to your teacher.

You only fail when you give up. Plenty of time, but focus and work hard. If you try your best, Then theres no regrets. Dont forget to eat well, sleep and relax.

If it happens they go wrong, Then you can resit them again. never give up. Imo what you need is Maths and English plus 3 others.

You cna then decide as to whether you want to do A levels or do something more vocational or an apprenticeship. Dont let people on the sit intimidate you or make you feel less intelligent becayse they allegedly find it easy. Plenty of time for you to make a success of things.
Read the exam study method on this site, hope it helps.

www.blogofsiddique.wordpress.com

Quick Reply

Latest