The Student Room Group

Should I lie about baby's dad?

I just told my aunt that I was pg. And when she asked about the dad I said we were dating briefly. I didn't even set out to say that really. I had a bf kind of still do. But he's not the father. He doesn't actually know about me being pregnant. But I told her that because I don't really want to tell her who the real dad is. It's really not their business either. If they find out they'd all be really unsupportive. My aunt is offering I stay with her should my parents decide to kick me out. If I told her who the dad was she'd turn and be completely unhelpful. I also said I wanted to do adoption and honestly I don't know if I do. I just wanted her to be as supportive as she could be basically. Should I tell my parents the same?
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Some of the reasons I don't want them to know is because he's really actually in jail and sells drugs and doesn't have a home/stable family. And he's also black which my family wouldn't be happy about it basically. And I feel like it's not their business. More than that we weren't even dating and were just hooking up. I mean I just want it to seem to be the best situation I can make it seem. It's bad enough I'm 17 and haven't finished high school.
I think you should explain all of it to your Aunt and hope she'll be sympathetic (especially if your remorseful). Lying will get you in more trouble, as bad as your situation seems right now you will get through it :/
Lies always come back and make bigger problems
LOL, I suggest you go see a doctor and get diagnosed for retardation
Honesty is usually the best policy. But it is not always the best option. I've certainly been in a position where I've had to lie about certain things for fear of being kicked out.

I would discuss your situation with someone independent who you can trust. Perhaps someone at school?

Also, you say your baby's father is black? Isn't it likely that they'll make a guess about the ethnicity of the father after your baby's birth?
Reply 6
Original post by nrb17
Some of the reasons I don't want them to know is because he's really actually in jail and sells drugs and doesn't have a home/stable family. And he's also black which my family wouldn't be happy about it basically. And I feel like it's not their business. More than that we weren't even dating and were just hooking up. I mean I just want it to seem to be the best situation I can make it seem. It's bad enough I'm 17 and haven't finished high school.

Unless your boyfriend is also black, I think everyone will know when the baby comes out...

Tell your aunt everything. I think you might want to tell your boyfriend aswell, it should be his choice to either forgive you or move on, wouldn't be fair to just have him around for your comfort.

I'm sure your aunt will be supportive, even if she isn't, I'm sure there are other outlets that help people in your situation. Keep your head up! Good luck.
Original post by nrb17
I just told my aunt that I was pg. And when she asked about the dad I said we were dating briefly. I didn't even set out to say that really. I had a bf kind of still do. But he's not the father. He doesn't actually know about me being pregnant. But I told her that because I don't really want to tell her who the real dad is. It's really not their business either. If they find out they'd all be really unsupportive. My aunt is offering I stay with her should my parents decide to kick me out. If I told her who the dad was she'd turn and be completely unhelpful. I also said I wanted to do adoption and honestly I don't know if I do. I just wanted her to be as supportive as she could be basically. Should I tell my parents the same?

Speaking as a mum of a daughter, I would say to you - be honest. You are going to need your family around you and if the situation is as you say it is, then you are going to need them more than ever. Parents frequently "come round"

You also need to tell this poor new boyfriend - he does not deserve to be wound up in your pickle.

You have some tough choices to make in the next few weeks. And it is a bit late to say - but next time use B******Y contraception
And from that moment, she knew she f********* up.
Reply 9
Original post by Kvothe the arcane
Honesty is usually the best policy. But it is not always the best option. I've certainly been in a position where I've had to lie about certain things for fear of being kicked out.

I would discuss your situation with someone independent who you can trust. Perhaps someone at school?

Also, you say your baby's father is black? Isn't it likely that they'll make a guess about the ethnicity of the father after your baby's birth?

Original post by Mjcal1
Unless your boyfriend is also black, I think everyone will know when the baby comes out...

Tell your aunt everything. I think you might want to tell your boyfriend aswell, it should be his choice to either forgive you or move on, wouldn't be fair to just have him around for your comfort.

I'm sure your aunt will be supportive, even if she isn't, I'm sure there are other outlets that help people in your situation. Keep your head up! Good luck.

Exactly what I was going to say they will know once the baby is born that the father is black.
Reply 10
You guys are actually falling for this BS?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bealzibub
LOL, I suggest you go see a doctor and get diagnosed for retardation

your mum should've got it done
Original post by nrb17
And he's also black .

Which means the baby won't be white.... I think your parents will be able to guess the ethnicity of the father and your lies will come back and bite you in the ass.
personally no because its going to come out one way or another but that would make situations worse. Just be honest and you will see that honesty is the best policy
Can you please stop remaking the same thread but from a sliightly different angle each time
Reply 15
Original post by Mjcal1

the thing is the guy who really is the dad looks mixed. He has a similar phenotype to this guy. Only my baby's dad has blue eyes.

So I'm guessing my kid won't look typically mixed as the father doesn't look typically black.

And I plan to tell my boyfriend that he's not the father before the baby is born. I just more so was telling my family because I want to give the least of what they will perceive as bad news. I mean the fact that he's in jail and a criminal would compound the situation even worst.
let me know when you appear on jeremy kyle - its an episode id like to watch!
Reply 17
Original post by LiquidGold
Can you please stop remaking the same thread but from a sliightly different angle each time

I think you must be confusing me with someone else. I never made a post about this. I made a post about rape and about whether to tell my aunt or parents that I'm pregnant but I didn't ask this before. You must be confusing me with a different user.
Reply 18
Original post by JonnyXDA
Which means the baby won't be white.... I think your parents will be able to guess the ethnicity of the father and your lies will come back and bite you in the ass.

Most likely not. My baby's dad looks very mixed. And that wouldn't make them guess who the father was exactly. So things like the fact that he sells drugs or is in jail wouldn't be guessed to be the case. And both my parents are Slovene descent. So I'm not that fair myself.
Reply 19
Original post by squeakysquirrel
Speaking as a mum of a daughter, I would say to you - be honest. You are going to need your family around you and if the situation is as you say it is, then you are going to need them more than ever. Parents frequently "come round"

You also need to tell this poor new boyfriend - he does not deserve to be wound up in your pickle.

You have some tough choices to make in the next few weeks. And it is a bit late to say - but next time use B******Y contraception

I used birth control. But actually I talked about the conception very extensively. I didn't want to have sex with him in the first place.

And I plan to

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending