The Student Room Group

Would u marry a feminist or a religious muslim girl??

Have been seeing a lot of posts about these 2 categories of women recently.....

No offence!

Scroll to see replies

I'd marry a feminist, yes (in fact I'd prefer a feminist - why would I want to marry someone who doesn't believe in women's rights?). I wouldn't marry a Muslim girl as for me sex is an important part of a relationship and I couldn't wait until marriage for it.
Feminist, Have nothing against Muslims just that I want a girl to eat bacon with.
Original post by Longshot700
Feminist, Have nothing against Muslims just that I want a girl to eat bacon with.

Good point!

Posted from TSR Mobile
It doesn't matter, as long as she has a good heart
I would actually prefer if my future wife was a feminist. I have certain strong beliefs, and I want my significant other to share them to some extent.

I wouldn't marry a Muslim, no. I couldn't marry someone with a strong belief in any major religion.
Original post by georgiaswift
I'd marry a feminist, yes (in fact I'd prefer a feminist - why would I want to marry someone who doesn't believe in women's rights?). I wouldn't marry a Muslim girl as for me sex is an important part of a relationship and I couldn't wait until marriage for it.

I agree with ur first point...... But what do you mean by 'sex is important and hence wouldn't marry a muslim?' U can have sex whenever u want. Or does it say in Islam that u should not have sex more than a limited number of time??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Feminist: Depends on what kind of feminist she is. If she simply believes in equal rights, fine, but I'm not marrying anybody who fosters a disproportionate victim complex and generally conforms to the negative stereotypes of feminists.

Muslim girl: No.
Reply 8
Hell to the nooo.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by If u dont mind
I agree with ur first point...... But what do you mean by 'sex is important and hence wouldn't marry a muslim?' U can have sex whenever u want. Or does it say in Islam that u should not have sex more than a limited number of time??

Premarital sex is forbidden in Islam.
Original post by Withengar
I would actually prefer if my future wife was a feminist. I have certain strong beliefs, and I want my significant other to share them to some extent.

I wouldn't marry a Muslim, no. I couldn't marry someone with a strong belief in any major religion.

To live with someone with strong religious belief is indeed hard........... (Atleast for some of us)!!
But i still prefer a muslim girl..... Maybe because i was bought up in an asian culture 😕

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hydeman
Premarital sex is forbidden in Islam.

The title says "marry" :lol:
Original post by Lord Samosa
The title says "marry" :lol:

Yes, but I presume that premarital sex is a prerequisite for marriage for @georgiaswift. :tongue:
Every girl I know refers to themselves as a feminist and I don't disagree with it, so of course I'd marry a feminist.
I wouldn't be opposed to marrying either. But neither could be in extreme forms or I don't think it would work.
To live with someone with strong religious belief is indeed hard........... (Atleast for some of us)!!
But i still prefer a muslim girl..... Maybe because i was bought up in an asian culture 😕

Posted from TSR Mobile

The culture you were raised in is irrelevant. Most Asians aren't Muslim either way. Only around 25% of all Asians are Muslim, the rest being mostly Hindus, Buddhists or Sikhs.

Numerous issues arise when marrying a Muslim - from issues with homophobia, sexism, sexual comparability and similar issues.
Original post by Hydeman
Feminist: Depends on what kind of feminist she is. If she simply believes in equal rights, fine, but I'm not marrying anybody who fosters a disproportionate victim complex and generally conforms to the negative stereotypes of feminists.

Muslim girl: No.

Yeah a feminist who believes simply in equal rights is the best choice!!!
Y not a muslim?
Yeah a feminist who believes simply in equal rights is the best choice!!!
Y not a muslim?

Our worldviews would be incompatible, especially with regards to how any potential children should be raised. Not worth the bother.
Reply 18
feminist don't make good wives based on what I've heard
Original post by Withengar
The culture you were raised in is irrelevant. Most Asians aren't Muslim either way. Only around 25% of all Asians are Muslim, the rest being mostly Hindus, Buddhists or Sikhs.

Numerous issues arise when marrying a Muslim - from issues with homophobia, sexism, sexual comparability and similar issues.

Well none of these isses arrise if we are dealing with a muslim women......... It mostly happends when a muslim guy marries a muslim woman with such beliefs as if he is superior to his partner.

I personally believe in equal rights and therefore no stuff like sexism or sexual comparability would exist between us. homophobia...... Well we r straight and we r marrying a girl.... So it wont affect those relationships would it?

Quick Reply

Latest