The Student Room Group
no i genuinely wish i wasn't born >.>
I don't think it affected me, I was born like 2 weeks early and my sister was born nearly a month early.

I guess 38 weeks isn't so bad, my sister seems pretty healthy as well but she's a bit young to tell if there's many effects.

One thing that might be the cause is my lung capacity, I had some sort of asthma type thing when I was young but it seems to not affect me now so maybe I was misdiagnosed? I am not sure. In class though using spirometres, for my height and gender I am incredibly poor. Or for things like holding my breath under water, I am almost comically bad.
Reply 3
Original post by Dinasaurus
I don't think it affected me, I was born like 2 weeks early and my sister was born nearly a month early.

I guess 38 weeks isn't so bad, my sister seems pretty healthy as well but she's a bit young to tell if there's many effects.

One thing that might be the cause is my lung capacity, I had some sort of asthma type thing when I was young but it seems to not affect me now so maybe I was misdiagnosed? I am not sure. In class though using spirometres, for my height and gender I am incredibly poor. Or for things like holding my breath under water, I am almost comically bad.

Is t before 37 weeks classed as premature?
A month early??
Nope.

Do have a cousin who was born something like 6 weeks early. She spent some time in hospital; but is otherwise fine. Do have another cousin (on the other side of the family) who was born 10 weeks early. He was born with chronic lung disease.
I was born at 26 weeks... Parents said they thought they would lose me.
Yes, I was born 10 weeks early. I don't think it has affected me too much, although I did get ill A LOT when I was little, I had pneumonia a few times for example. I also have asthma and am fairly short sighted, although whether they are related to being premature I'm not sure :smile:
Reply 7
I was born 6 weeks early and it happened to be the day before my mum's 21st. I weighed very little and was tiny. I had jaundice when I was born and was in hospital for 3 weeks. Other than that, I've grown up to be of average normal height and health.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was born 2 weeks early. About 30mins later I turned a funny colour and stopped breathing, and the nurses had to revive me over several times! They were told I wouldn't live to 5, but I turn 17 in July! Miracles do happen :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile
I was born 5 days early is that counts as anything :dontknow:

I had a low birth weight though. 5 lb and 3 oz. Apparently low birth weight has been linked to an increased chance of heart disease :redface:
Reply 10
I was about 6 weeks early. I was born with a virus and nearly died (Daddy says it was one of the scariest things he has ever witnessed). I was in ICU for 2 weeks. My immune system is pretty crap, but that's about it. I only started wearing glasses when I was 16, and I doubt having personality disorder traits has nothing to do with premature births.
Yes, my twin brother and I were about 1.5 months early.

How has it affected me? Well, I'm 1.5 months older than I would otherwise be...
I wasn't premature but I was a very sickly child

My cousin was born very premature and was in intensive care. I remember holding her when I was about 11 and almost dropping her. I now have a phobia of holding babies.
I was born like a day late because my mum didn't know how to push and so her labour ran over onto the next day when it probably wasn't supposed to.
Reply 14
I was born two weeks early because my mum had*pre-eclampsia and had to be induced. I had jaundice but no other problems. I have asthma and I'm shorted sighted but don't think they're related.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was born at 25 mum has EDS

Latest