The Student Room Group

When guys reply to messages on a group chat but not to you?

Even though they initiated? Feels bad man because you know they have checked their phone

Does this mean they're not interested? Time to move on?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
anyone?
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
anyone?

Elaborate... What kind of messages?
Reply 3
Original post by PikahBoo
Elaborate... What kind of messages?

as in general chit chat?
Reply 4
as in general chit chat?

Just give me an example scenario of where he ignored one of your messages.
Reply 5

Like we have mutual friends and went out (as in clubbing) for someones birthday, wed been flirting all night and he said we should go out for dinner etc. Texted me to ask if I got back home safely when I left for home at like 5am, exchanged a few messages but he hasn't replied to my last one (which admittedly I texted back in the evening at like 6 pm)

??
Reply 6

Forgot to add he's replied to messages on the group chat about the birthday, but hasn't even opened my message
Reply 7
Forgot to add he's replied to messages on the group chat about the birthday, but hasn't even opened my message

Maybe he's thinking about what he's going to say?
He still likes you.
Reply 8
Just wait for a while, maybe he will reply soon. :smile: If not message him again. If he does not reply, maybe he is not interested.
Reply 9
Maybe he's thinking about what he's going to say?
He still likes you.

I dont think it would take that long to think of a reply! And besides this guy is like 23/24, he's not like young and inexperienced. Can i ask how old you are?

What makes you say he still likes me? Surely if someone likes you they want to talk to you and they won't ignore your message especially you talked about plans before hand. The only reason would be that he is just not that interested after all, and would rather not reply (hate to admit it but Ive not replied to people's texts if Im not interested in them)
Reply 10
I dont think it would take that long to think of a reply! And besides this guy is like 23/24, he's not like young and inexperienced. Can i ask how old you are?

What makes you say he still likes me? Surely if someone likes you they want to talk to you and they won't ignore your message especially you talked about plans before hand. The only reason would be that he is just not that interested after all, and would rather not reply (hate to admit it but Ive not replied to people's texts if Im not interested in them)

I'm 20. You're not giving me all the information, how am I suppose to make a judgement? We could speculate what he meant by not texting and the answers could go on forever. People say and do different things in different settings.
I'm 20. You're not giving me all the information, how am I suppose to make a judgement? We could speculate what he meant by not texting and the answers could go on forever. People say and do different things in different settings.

Yeah no ofc I get what you're saying that you dont have the full picture. What other information would help to put things into context? Feel free to ask away :smile: Although having said that, if someone's not replying and so not interested then what would be the point in speculating and trying to figure out whats going on?!
Reply 12
Yeah no ofc I get what you're saying that you dont have the full picture. What other information would help to put things into context? Feel free to ask away :smile: Although having said that, if someone's not replying and so not interested then what would be the point in speculating and trying to figure out whats going on?!

Show us a few lines from the conversation.
What were you talking about in the group chat?
How many people are in the group chat?
Where did you meet these people? Are they close to him?
Where did you meet this guy? Does he seem like the immature type to play games?
Has he previously ignored your messages before or is this the first time?
Has he read it? What did you say to him?

It's like telling you the speed of a car is 65mph, work out the fuel left in the car.
Reply 13
Don't read into it so much, it's really not that deep lol
Reply 14
he said we should go out for dinner etc.

Did you suggest a date and time?
Original post by tilray
Don't read into it so much, it's really not that deep lol

but surely if a guy was interested he'd want to talk to you?
Maybe he's not interested but you could always text him again..completely off topic and see if he replies. If he doesn't he's either busy or not interested.

There's no correlation between age and maturity unfortunately. [I say this because you mentioned he is 23/24]

You shouldn't really be reading too much into it or sitting around waiting for his reply either, enjoy yourself :smile:
Reply 17

True but maybe he doesn't want to come across too keen? He obviously likes you other wise he wouldn't have suggested going out!

But what ever you do, don't chase him...let him come to you. That's when you'll know if he really likes you or not. :smile:

not all the time, though
he'll probably reply later
You could always message people who will message you back?
-Sits on the Inbox page waiting for a message like a lonely person- Don't mind me :3

Quick Reply

Latest