The Student Room Group

Would u marry a feminist or a religious muslim girl??

Scroll to see replies

Original post by al_94
feminist don't make good wives based on what I've heard

That's true to an extend.
Original post by If u dont mind
Well none of these isses arrise if we are dealing with a muslim women......... It mostly happends when a muslim guy marries a muslim woman with such beliefs as if he is superior to his partner.

I personally believe in equal rights and therefore no stuff like sexism or sexual comparability would exist between us. homophobia...... Well we r straight and we r marrying a girl.... So it wont affect those relationships would it?

No man is superior to his partner.

Of course homophobia is an issue. If you have kids, what if you have a homosexual child? What if you have a transsexual child? Rates of homeless and suicide for LGBTQ individuals from Islamic families are terrifying.
No, because I'm a gay.
Original post by Withengar
No man is superior to his partner.

Of course homophobia is an issue. If you have kids, what if you have a homosexual child? What if you have a transsexual child? Rates of homeless and suicide for LGBTQ individuals from Islamic families are terrifying.

I never said anyone is superior to anyone.

You r right...i never thought of that!! My wife may oppose that!!
But it totally depends on my child to choose what he/she want to be and i'll give complete freedom for him/her to choose.
Moreover, my child wont be bought up in islamic beliefs. They would be bought in a completly secular way!
And offcourse they wont have any family pressures as i'm their dad and i wont let any of my wifes relative (aunty, uncle and whoever exists!) to persuade them!!
( if my children are homosexual, they wont be religious anyway... So there is nothing much to worry about)
I can marry a religious Muslim that is a feminist. Both religion and feminism should be in moderation though, nothing fanatical.
Original post by Hydeman
Yes, but I presume that premarital sex is a prerequisite for marriage for @georgiaswift. :tongue:

You're not wrong :P don't think I'd want to be in a relationship if I knew sex was off the table until marriage. It's a test of sexual compatibility - what if you get married to them and find you aren't compatible? Plus it strengthens the bond between a couple. It's definitely a must for me!
Feminist, up to a certain militancy, sure!

Muslim, no.
Reply 27
But aren'tmuslim women not allowed to marry someone outside their faith?
Original post by kkboyk

Theoretically.
Original post by Longshot700
Feminist, Have nothing against Muslims just that I want a girl to eat bacon with.

I consider myself a missionary for this religion.

http://unitedchurchofbacon.org
Original post by JamesN88
I consider myself a missionary for this religion.

http://unitedchurchofbacon.org

Oh man they hate religious people :frown:
Normal feminist: yes

Religious Muslim girl: not a chance in Jahannam.
TSR muslims girls not going to like this thread :/
Awkward moment when you're somewhere in the middle of those two categories :redface:
Original post by Serine Soul
Awkward moment when you're somewhere in the middle of those two categories :redface:

Do explain, Ms. Soul. :holmes:
Original post by Longshot700
Oh man they hate religious people :frown:

I'm not a member, more of a fan. Piss-take groups like this make a good counterweight to overzealous religious people.:smile:
According to Muslims, Islam is the only One True™ ideology that can completely liberate women... I have no reason to doubt them.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by kkboyk

The taboo on marrying outside of Islam is #nothingtodowithIslam™, and marrying outside their faith has no religion™.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 38
Original post by Hydeman
Theoretically.

Original post by chemting
To me, I think the taboo on marrying outside of Islam is #nothingtodowithIslam™, and marrying outside their faith has no religion™.

Fair enough. I would honestly marry a few muslim girls regardless of religion.
Original post by kkboyk
Fair enough. I would honestly marry a few muslim girls regardless of religion.

Have you considered differences of opinion in the long-term, though? I've always thought that there would be far too many disagreements on how to raise children. :beard:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending