The Student Room Group

Chances of acceptance : GDL

Hey everybody!

So here is my situation:

I have a BA Cum Laude (3.5 GPA. Major: Classics; Minors: History, Philosophy) from a private liberal arts college in the US, and an MA with Merit in Classics from KCL. I received the BA in 2013, and the MA in January of 2015.

I want to apply to ULaw, BPP, and City for the GDL, and I was wondering based on your experiences if I had good chances of being accepted.

Also, I wanted to know, based on my qualifications, what the value of the personal statement is.

Thanks!!
Original post by salvatore270
Hey everybody!

So here is my situation:

I have a BA Cum Laude (3.5 GPA. Major: Classics; Minors: History, Philosophy) from a private liberal arts college in the US, and an MA with Merit in Classics from KCL. I received the BA in 2013, and the MA in January of 2015.

I want to apply to ULaw, BPP, and City for the GDL, and I was wondering based on your experiences if I had good chances of being accepted.

Also, I wanted to know, based on my qualifications, what the value of the personal statement is.

Thanks!!

Do you have a pulse? Do you have cheque book?

If you do not meet the first of these requirements, I am sure something can be arranged.
Original post by nulli tertius
Do you have a pulse? Do you have cheque book?

If you do not meet the first of these requirements, I am sure something can be arranged.

Can you articulate?
Original post by salvatore270
Can you articulate?

If you can pay, you will be admitted.
Reply 4
Yeah, echoing what Nulli has said. Anyone willing to pay to undertake either the GDL or LPC will be welcomed with open arms by any provider.
Considering that I am a non-law graduate of 25 (almost 26) years old, and that at this point I want to take the law path, isn't the GDL my best and only option?
Reply 6
As long as you can pay for it they'll take anyone. It's all about the $$$$
Reply 7
Consider that GDL is only recognised in UK..outside UK GDL is nothing... my opinion is to do a senior status LLB course (2 years) in the end you will have an LLB degree that is recognised in every country in the world.

GDL will be very hard and intense for you as you do not have any legal background. You are young enough to spend 2 years in a course so go for LLB..

GDL is ideal for someone who is looking to work only in the UK and only if you have secure a training contract in advance so when you finish you wont spend time looking....
Original post by turbakias
Consider that GDL is only recognised in UK..outside UK GDL is nothing... my opinion is to do a senior status LLB course (2 years) in the end you will have an LLB degree that is recognised in every country in the world.

GDL will be very hard and intense for you as you do not have any legal background. You are young enough to spend 2 years in a course so go for LLB..

GDL is ideal for someone who is looking to work only in the UK and only if you have secure a training contract in advance so when you finish you wont spend time looking....

Yeah, I guess you have a point.

I was also looking at Senior Status LLB, particularly at City and Queen Mary: thoughts or opinion on these schools? do they have a good reputation in this field?
Reply 9
City and Queen Mary are very good universities.. everyone knows them...if you want to follow a maritime or business masters after LLB then go in city ...
Original post by turbakias
City and Queen Mary are very good universities.. everyone knows them...if you want to follow a maritime or business masters after LLB then go in city ...

I wish they still accept students!
You have chances if you have good grades... They take top students.. You would have more chances if you ve applied on January.. Now you will be on the clearing process.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending