The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by believeteam22
Ok. This hurts. It really hurts. But I won't ruin my degree because of this. I worked too hard for this. I'll just fight through this pain.
It's killing me but nothing can be done.

Exactly. Focus on your own work and finish off your degree. That should be your biggest priority.

As for these messages, dont justify. If someone asks you say that it was never your intention to come across as blackmailing her and you don't want to discuss it any further. That's all you have to say.

2 months is a short period, so you won't have to endure it much longer.
Original post by georgiaswift
Just counted, and overall (including posts from other users) there have been 4,883 posts about her, plus the forty OPs, for a total of 4,903 posts.

4,903 posts about this girl in 16 months, not including the posts on the dozens of other websites he's posted this on. If that's not obsession, I don't know what is.

Haha I have read them all but it's ridiculous he is not going to listen to anyone's advice and this girl is clearly not special. Once uni finishes he will be moping around at home cause he ignored our advice on applying for a job and will be lonely and miserable that he wasted 3 years on this girl.
Original post by DanielleT192
Exactly. Focus on your own work and finish off your degree. That should be your biggest priority.

As for these messages, dont justify. If someone asks you say that it was never your intention to come across as blackmailing her and you don't want to discuss it any further. That's all you have to say.

2 months is a short period, so you won't have to endure it much longer.

I am trying. I guess on monday if I see her, well i'm not sure what to expect, but I will stand my ground and tell her straight it wasn't blackmail, and if she is too stupid to understand that, it is her problem.

Original post by chikane
Haha I have read them all but it's ridiculous he is not going to listen to anyone's advice and this girl is clearly not special. Once uni finishes he will be moping around at home cause he ignored our advice on applying for a job and will be lonely and miserable that he wasted 3 years on this girl.

I am eventually. She was special for me. And I think I will never find another girl who I will like as much as I liked her. I can't really apply for jobs right now because I honestly have too much work to do. I already wasted more than 9 days doing no work because of this.

No more!! I will do all nighters and get my work done.

Maybe in a few months I will post a thread saying how I have got over that girl and moved forward and something positive happened.
I am trying. I guess on monday if I see her, well i'm not sure what to expect, but I will stand my ground and tell her straight it wasn't blackmail, and if she is too stupid to understand that, it is her problem.

I am eventually. She was special for me. And I think I will never find another girl who I will like as much as I liked her. I can't really apply for jobs right now because I honestly have too much work to do. I already wasted more than 9 days doing no work because of this.

No more!! I will do all nighters and get my work done.

Maybe in a few months I will post a thread saying how I have got over that girl and moved forward and something positive happened.

You will move on because you will never ever see her again after uni so you will have no choice but to move on with your life.
I will move on. Even though I will see her in uni during the next few weeks and even after uni and possibly graduation. It's sad and it kills me inside. But enough is enough. I bought this upon myself. I was childish, I couldn't control my emotions, so it's all my fault. You all can say told you so.

Now I have to live with this. I hope I don't break down when I see her.
I found out from a mutual friend that my childish attitude was the cause of all of this according to her. Also, she hasn't been coming to the lectures because she is trying to control herself, she doesn't want to come and fight me (shocked) (surprised)...

I keep having this false hope inside that she might change her mind but it's pointless, it will never happen. How do I get rid of this false hope?

I know the damage has been done and she has had enough. I get that. But it's a bitter one to swallow. It's like I failed so badly.

Having her in my life as a friend (before) is a million times better than right now.

I talk to other friends but it's just not the same. I feel an emptiness inside me.

She was my MAIN friend. We talked about everything, she was so important for me.

I have also learned that since our friendship ended, she is happy, she says nobody is disturbing me, nobody is asking me why I didn't come to the lecture etc.

It means I did things that she did not like, she hated my attitude so much.

Wow I really messed up bad.
I found out from a mutual friend that my childish attitude was the cause of all of this according to her. Also, she hasn't been coming to the lectures because she is trying to control herself, she doesn't want to come and fight me (shocked) (surprised)...

I keep having this false hope inside that she might change her mind but it's pointless, it will never happen. How do I get rid of this false hope?

I know the damage has been done and she has had enough. I get that. But it's a bitter one to swallow. It's like I failed so badly.

Having her in my life as a friend (before) is a million times better than right now.

I talk to other friends but it's just not the same. I feel an emptiness inside me.

She was my MAIN friend. We talked about everything, she was so important for me.

I have also learned that since our friendship ended, she is happy, she says nobody is disturbing me, nobody is asking me why I didn't come to the lecture etc.

My friend, it is okay. There are brighter days ahead, just ride out the storm.
Original post by Tom Jickleson
My friend, it is okay. There are brighter days ahead, just ride out the storm.

I know. I'll try. Hurts a lot right now.
Get the **** out of it. Abandon all hope ye who enter. STOP! She doesn't exist, she's a figment of your imagination, a phantom, now go and find someone else.

You should try to learn from this and not make the same mistake in the future and i doubt you will be seeing much of her at uni as she clearly does not want to see you.
Original post by whorace
Get the **** out of it. Abandon all hope ye who enter. STOP! She doesn't exist, she's a figment of your imagination, a phantom, now go and find someone else.

She's gone. I know. It's hopeless now. I feel heartbroken.

Original post by chikane
You should try to learn from this and not make the same mistake in the future and i doubt you will be seeing much of her at uni as she clearly does not want to see you.

Definitely. Never again. Yeah, I doubt I will see her now. Maybe once or twice, she will have to eventually turn up. It'll just upset me when I see her though.

Still can't believe it ended so badly. I'll regret this for a long long time.
Friendships/relationships should never be this exhausting. As much as you're hurting right now, I reckon it'll be one of the best things that has happened to you.

You can't repair what has happened. Just use this as a tool to make changes in your life for the better.

Trust me, I have an obsessive nature and I have made situations 10x worse by trying to grab onto something that is frankly a lost cause. I know how hard it can be letting go of someone but it destroys your life if you let it continue.

Life should never be this dramatic. You'll get the chance to move on from this whole ordeal after uni.
Original post by DanielleT192
Friendships/relationships should never be this exhausting. As much as you're hurting right now, I reckon it'll be one of the best things that has happened to you.

You can't repair what has happened. Just use this as a tool to make changes in your life for the better.

Trust me, I have an obsessive nature and I have made situations 10x worse by trying to grab onto something that is frankly a lost cause. I know how hard it can be letting go of someone but it destroys your life if you let it continue.

Life should never be this dramatic. You'll get the chance to move on from this whole ordeal after uni.

I know. I hope so. This is a lost cause. No matter how much I wish it didn't happen etc, it has, and it won't change. As much as it is killing me, tearing me up inside, making me cry every night, I cannot change it.

I hope I will become stronger after going through this because this pain that I am feeling sucks. It really does. God it's killing me :frown:
Reply 433
You wasted so much time on this girl. In that time you could have dated other girls but you were fixated on just this one girl who in my opinion was never worth your time in the first place.

Forget the past and focus on your studies. I think I speak for everyone when I say we've had enough trying to help you and you not taking action. Now is that time to start and move on.
Original post by UWS
You wasted so much time on this girl. In that time you could have dated other girls but you were fixated on just this one girl who in my opinion was never worth your time in the first place.

Forget the past and focus on your studies. I think I speak for everyone when I say we've had enough trying to help you and you not taking action. Now is that time to start and move on.

I know. I wasted my entire 3 years at uni just staying with this girl. I made a big mistake.

I am trying to move on now. I have been trying for the past week or 2. I haven't had much luck to be honest.

All I feel is pain, sadness, heartbreak, anxiety, depression, regret, etc, I can't concentrate on my work properly.

This will take a long time to process and move forward from.

I still don't think it has quite sunk in yet. I have to see her in person once and see her face and see how she reacts. I already know what to expect but I have to see it for my own eyes.

She is happy now. She said to someone since she stopped being friends with me, she is happy.

This left me tearful. I meant nothing to her. She forgot me so easily. I will never forget this feeling. It completely broke me.

I know I am sensitive, but damn, that really hurt a lot.
You don't have to see her in person once more. You want to. And it's just going to make things worse.

Believe it or not, she's actually doing you a favour.

I've been in this poor girl's situation more than once. I had to leave a group because I didn't feel comfortable around the guy at all and I got the blame for his behaviour. Apparently, being mentally ill (completely ignoring the **** I was going through) makes harrassing someone completely "ok".
I know. I hope so. This is a lost cause. No matter how much I wish it didn't happen etc, it has, and it won't change. As much as it is killing me, tearing me up inside, making me cry every night, I cannot change it.

I hope I will become stronger after going through this because this pain that I am feeling sucks. It really does. God it's killing me :frown:

Realy man. Because from the sounds of your actions it sounds like maybe you don't really want this girl after all.
Original post by Tiger Rag
You don't have to see her in person once more. You want to. And it's just going to make things worse.

Believe it or not, she's actually doing you a favour.

I've been in this poor girl's situation more than once. I had to leave a group because I didn't feel comfortable around the guy at all and I got the blame for his behaviour. Apparently, being mentally ill (completely ignoring the **** I was going through) makes harrassing someone completely "ok".

Ok. I'm not mentally ill. She could have treated me better. Now that I look at it, it does seem like she was a control freak and a user maybe.

For example, always trying to put limitations on our friendship, telling me I can't message her on weekends when she does that all the time.

I am to blame for my childish behaviour but she is also to blame and she acts like she did nothing wrong.

I wanted to see her in person because I'm not happy with some things. I mean she is believing lies and she is blaming me for things I did not do. I cannot live with that.

I really hope I can speak to her once. Otherwise it'll just take longer to move forward.

Trying to stay busy but ah this really hurts and I miss her.

Original post by Tom Jickleson
Realy man. Because from the sounds of your actions it sounds like maybe you don't really want this girl after all.

No I really did like her. But some of their actions and her attitude and the way she treated me at the end, it really just hurt me.
Ok. I'm not mentally ill. She could have treated me better. Now that I look at it, it does seem like she was a control freak and a user maybe.

For example, always trying to put limitations on our friendship, telling me I can't message her on weekends when she does that all the time.

I am to blame for my childish behaviour but she is also to blame and she acts like she did nothing wrong.

I wanted to see her in person because I'm not happy with some things. I mean she is believing lies and she is blaming me for things I did not do. I cannot live with that.

I really hope I can speak to her once. Otherwise it'll just take longer to move forward.

Trying to stay busy but ah this really hurts and I miss her.

No I really did like her. But some of their actions and her attitude and the way she treated me at the end, it really just hurt me.

you dont need her to ignore her/move on...
Original post by scrawlx101
you dont need her to ignore her/move on...

I haven't seen her since all of this happened. I really want to see her. It's eating me up inside

Latest

Trending

Trending