The Student Room Group

How many hours a week do you study?

Scroll to see replies

At the moment, doing my dissertation, I'm in the lab from 9am to about 7pm every day. Too knackered to do anything once I'm home.

When we had lectures, we had probably 20 contact hours a week. But I'd say I did upwards of 40/50 including time spent writing things up, revising etc.

I do medicine.
Original post by Lucilou101
Very subjective as it depends how quickly you read and write essays for my subject. I'd say I average around 25; 5 on lectures, 3 on classes, 2 on tutes, 10 on reading, 5 on essay writing. But the reading and essay writing can easily increase to 25 total :smile:
:gasp:
In a week I have 12 hours of lectures and seminars.
I then do anywhere from 5-10 hours of readings (depending how many assignments I have due the next month) and another 10-15 hours working on assignments/revision.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
Who is doing less than 10 hours a week?! :eek3:

i do
Original post by morgan8002
:gasp:

Why is that shocking? :P
Original post by Lucilou101
Why is that shocking? :P

It seems so small a number of lectures. Do you only have lectures for a few modules?
Original post by morgan8002
It seems so small a number of lectures. Do you only have lectures for a few modules?

Most of my teaching is done via tutorials, classes and independent reading. Lectures are supplementary and don't need to be attended :smile:

It varies a lot from subject to subject, if you were doing a science subject then teaching would be mainly done via lectures.
Quite a lot, I will generally head to the library after lectures and stay there till at least 6:30-7 but then I only really have 2 full days a week so the odd day I will stay at halls and do nothing :P I also never work on the weekends which is probably something I should change up going into exam season and second year as I do then

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending