The Student Room Group

Loughborough or leeds?????

I have got an offer from the University of Leeds to do Graphic communication and design as well as an offer from Loughborough to do graphic communication and illustration including a foundation year. Initially I didn't want to do a foundation year but Loughborough was my first choice at first. Now I have looked more at Leeds I feel it has so much to offer that Loughborough doesn't but i'm worried that I don't have enough knowledge about the software to do well... does anyone know a little more about the areas and courses?
Original post by laurenabigail
I have got an offer from the University of Leeds to do Graphic communication and design as well as an offer from Loughborough to do graphic communication and illustration including a foundation year. Initially I didn't want to do a foundation year but Loughborough was my first choice at first. Now I have looked more at Leeds I feel it has so much to offer that Loughborough doesn't but i'm worried that I don't have enough knowledge about the software to do well... does anyone know a little more about the areas and courses?

Hey, I applied to Leeds and Loughborough as well. When did you send your applications and when did you receive your offers?
I think I applied in December, I got my offer from Leeds in January and my Loughborough one literally the other day after I had to do interviews. What about you?
I think I applied in December, I got my offer from Leeds in January and my Loughborough one literally the other day after I had to do interviews. What about you?

I applied in January and didn't receive any answer yet. I don't know if I have to do interviews, but I sent my grades and works for Leeds on 7th January and for Loughborough on 15th February.
What course did you apply for?
Graphic communication design and graphic communication and illustration ass well

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by huiyihang97
Graphic communication design and graphic communication and illustration ass well

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh yes I think you'll have to interview for Loughborough.. Not too sure why Leeds haven't got back to you yet though
Oh yes I think you'll have to interview for Loughborough.. Not too sure why Leeds haven't got back to you yet though

Oh okay, hope they will get back soon. Have you made your choice?
Original post by huiyihang97
Oh okay, hope they will get back soon. Have you made your choice?

I think they will! And I think I'm going to firm Leeds as my top choice as its 3 years, a better place (city) really nice accommodation and the course seems more academic which I think in the long run will be better
I think they will! And I think I'm going to firm Leeds as my top choice as its 3 years, a better place (city) really nice accommodation and the course seems more academic which I think in the long run will be better

Thanks! Leeds is a great choice :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest